72-Year-Old Woman Tased and Jailed!

You must have your own top secret tape, because the one posted in this thread shows granny lying so grossly, she wouldn't show her face after the dashcam was released.
You must have selective viewing abilty, granning clearly says 'give me the damn ticket, i'll sign it' and fat boy shoves her says he will taze her.

Missourian is of the mind that compliance was not an option at that point. Even though compliance is the objective, we had moved to another degree of compliance. It's like a game show and the prize is getting tazed and a chance to win an all expenses paid funeral. For a speeding ticket.

the person demands an immediate appearance before a magistrate or refuses to make a written promise to appear in court as provided by this subchapter.

A good lawyer still gets this tossed.

The Texas law does not require you to sign a citation or sign the NOTICE TO APPEAR.

The officer is required to issue a NOTICE TO APPEAR.

The subject is required to make a written promise to appear.
Traffic citations ARE notices to appear.

Looks like the signature is required in lieu of the written promise to appear.

The law says the officer must issue a NOTICE TO APPEAR.

The subject must make a written PROMISE TO APPEAR.

THere is nothing that implies the notice to appear must be signed, only issued.

The only thing the subject must provide, is a written promise to appear.

I would assume that the Notice and Promise are both covered on the citation but the law does not say you must sign that particular promise. It appears that any written promise should be acceptable.

I'm going to check my state law. If it's similar, I'll make up my own promise to appear and keep it in the glove box. See if the law allows me to be just as big an asshole as a cop. Might get me one of those taser checks.

A good lawyer still gets this tossed.

The Texas law does not require you to sign a citation or sign the NOTICE TO APPEAR.

The officer is required to issue a NOTICE TO APPEAR.

The subject is required to make a written promise to appear.

I would assume that the Notice and Promise are both covered on the citation but the law does not say you must sign that particular promise. It appears that any written promise should be acceptable.

I'm going to check my state law. If it's similar, I'll make up my own promise to appear and keep it in the glove box. See if the law allows me to be just as big an asshole as a cop. Might get me one of those taser checks.

While you're at it, check Black's Law Dictionary as to the legal meaning of the words "must" and "shall".

Hint: They're permissive and optional...If the there is no such wiggle room, the word required is used.

While you're at it, check Black's Law Dictionary as to the legal meaning of the words "must" and "shall".

Hint: They're permissive and optional...If the there is no such wiggle room, the word required is used.

Ok, so they are required.

Doesn't change the fact that you don't have to sign the citation. You are only required to make a written promise.

Again, a good lawyer takes care of this. Wait and see. Bye, bye fat ass, and cut granny a check.

You must have your own top secret tape, because the one posted in this thread shows granny lying so grossly, she wouldn't show her face after the dashcam was released.
You must have selective viewing abilty, granning clearly says 'give me the damn ticket, i'll sign it' and fat boy shoves her says he will taze her.

Missourian is of the mind that compliance was not an option at that point. Even though compliance is the objective, we had moved to another degree of compliance. It's like a game show and the prize is getting tazed and a chance to win an all expenses paid funeral. For a speeding ticket.
I did notice that.

The case is clearly unneccesary brutality by a fat slob over an old woman who pissed him off.

How anyone can defend Gestapo bob from that video is a shock.

That wasn't police work, the police protect and serve the public through wise and thoughtful use of authority, they are not supposed to be mindless brutes who shoot old ladies full of juice and threaten to keep doing if the old woman doesn't get her arms behind her.

This authorized brutality must stop.

I would dearly love to taze fatboy every time he goes near the snack bar, he'd be more full of juice then the Hoover dam.

New Topics

Forum List

Back