72% Of Babies Born To Unwed Mothers

good luck finding foster parents. We don't have enough for the kids we need to place NOW.

Ya, it's probably just a sterotype thing.

why no uproar from you about Palins fatherless grandchild?

A couple of decades ago the stigma from that would have exempted her from running for president.

Well, despite the efforts by the left to bring that stigma back, the reason there's no outcry is because Palin's daughter does not represent the majority of white women, so there is no parallel.

there are significant differences in types of single parent families. widowed, divorced or breakup of a long term common law relationship are much different than cases where the father is basically unknown.

I think there should still be a certain amount of stigma associated with out of wedlock births. in much the same way that "locks only keep honest people honest" stigma helps to keep people more focussed on doing the right thing by giving children two parents and a better chance at life.

why no uproar from you about Palins fatherless grandchild?

A couple of decades ago the stigma from that would have exempted her from running for president.

Well, despite the efforts by the left to bring that stigma back, the reason there's no outcry is because Palin's daughter does not represent the majority of white women, so there is no parallel.

there are significant differences in types of single parent families. widowed, divorced or breakup of a long term common law relationship are much different than cases where the father is basically unknown.

I think there should still be a certain amount of stigma associated with out of wedlock births. in much the same way that "locks only keep honest people honest" stigma helps to keep people more focussed on doing the right thing by giving children two parents and a better chance at life.

50% of marriages end in divorce, your argument has just suffered an epic fail. Sorry.

50% of marriages end in divorce, your argument has just suffered an epic fail. Sorry.

two points for that. children do better in life with a father in their household, even if the marriage dissolves. and the 50% statistic is markedly skewed because people who get divorced once often have at least one other failed marriage, some many more.

I find it odd that no one has commented on the fact that during the time period in the data set, single motherhood has also increased from 4% to 29% among white mothers.

I would rather see the study picking economic status and not ethnic background as the comparison point.

To new a few, Bill Cosby, George Washington and Charles Darwin were all brought up by single parents. Tom Cruise also, but that's a push.

I find it odd that no one has commented on the fact that during the time period in the data set, single motherhood has also increased from 4% to 29% among white mothers.

I would rather see the study picking economic status and not ethnic background as the comparison point.

good points.

high socioeconomic status women who have the greatest ability to actually care for an out-of-wedlock birth are the least likely to actually do it. they understand the benefits of two parent families.

To new a few, Bill Cosby, George Washington and Charles Darwin were all brought up by single parents. Tom Cruise also, but that's a push.

you're not saying that they were successful because they came from a single parent family, or are you????

so more white babies are born out of wedlock, but we need to frame it as a BLACK issue.
Wonder if there would be more dads around if 25% of the young black men weren't in jail?

Washington's family was not divorced (not saying you said that, but just making it clear). His dad died when he was 11.

Forum List

Back