72% Of Babies Born To Unwed Mothers

The problem of unwed preganacies is far from limited to the black community.
Ya, it's probably just a sterotype thing.

No it isn't a stereotype...that is ridiculous (with due respect)
Soon to be 8 out of 10 born out of wedlock is waaaaay more than any other race.
As of 2008 - the percentage for whites is 28%. (Still of course a serious problem)

low IQ is very predictive of out-of-wedlock babies. and most of the other bad outcomes mentioned. it is no coincidence that blacks are saddled with severe social dysfunction because they have the largest preponderance of low IQ individuals.

So the just say no plan is having a bit of trouble?

Or it could be a combination of the "you can have all the 'safe' sex you want" and "you don't need anyone else's help you're a strong woman" plans that are having a bit of trouble.

Obviously even to the most challenged among us that safe sex was NOT practiced.
Strong woman? Heck most of the mothers are still children themselves.

I think a considerable amount of blame belongs on their parents heads.

You mean their PARENT'S head, since most of them are also the fruits of single-parent (or no-father) families.

The problem of unwed preganacies is far from limited to the black community.
Ya, it's probably just a sterotype thing.

why no uproar from you about Palins fatherless grandchild?

A couple of decades ago the stigma from that would have exempted her from running for president.

Well, despite the efforts by the left to bring that stigma back, the reason there's no outcry is because Palin's daughter does not represent the majority of white women, so there is no parallel.

If I'm not mistaken, more than 99.9% of all babies, regardless of sex or race, are born naked.

And poor, too.
\
Lazy parasites won't be worth a damn for at least seven or eight years.

And given our silly policies against making children dig for coal and work in factories, they're a burden on society for longer than that, too.

Any truly serious Randian would be totally opposed to children because they're so obviously collectivists parasites.

Teen pregnancy has become socially acceptable and even celebrated in some areas. As long as minority females give their men a pass when it comes to taking care of their responsibilties, it will only get worse. It's really up to the women to say they've had enough. Unfortunately many young women aren't too bright.

Personally I would like to see sex ed classes include changing dirty diapers, cleaning up vomit, and graphic photos of episitomies. That could work.

Teen pregnancy has become socially acceptable and even celebrated in some areas. As long as minority females give their men a pass when it comes to taking care of their responsibilties, it will only get worse. It's really up to the women to say they've had enough. Unfortunately many young women aren't too bright.

Personally I would like to see sex ed classes include changing dirty diapers, cleaning up vomit, and graphic photos of episitomies. That could work.

I think it'll take a lot more than that.

Personally, I'd like to see a 'carrot and stick' approach to single parents. As a society, we cannot afford the continued acceptance of girls having kids they can't afford to raise. Since I've already done a thread on how we might approach the issue, I won't repeat it here but there are ways that we could do it.

Can you post a link to your thread. This is an issue that concerns me personally as a teacher. Too many girls thinking motherhood is bliss and too many mothers (and teachers) celebrating this "blessing". It makes me nuts.

Things move slowly here. Women sit shoulder-to-shoulder in the narrow waiting room, sometimes for more than an hour. Carroll does not rush her mothers in and out. She wants her babies born as healthy as possible, so Carroll spends time talking to the mothers about how they should care for themselves, what she expects them to do — and why they need to get married.

Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate - Yahoo! News

She should mind her own business, not all unwed mothers are teens.

Things move slowly here. Women sit shoulder-to-shoulder in the narrow waiting room, sometimes for more than an hour. Carroll does not rush her mothers in and out. She wants her babies born as healthy as possible, so Carroll spends time talking to the mothers about how they should care for themselves, what she expects them to do — and why they need to get married.

Sarah, society is paying for these kids, that makes it everyone's business.

You're right. But that's when many start with baby #1. Babies 2, 3, 4 etc. are usually born later. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back