72% Of Babies Born To Unwed Mothers

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
Things move slowly here. Women sit shoulder-to-shoulder in the narrow waiting room, sometimes for more than an hour. Carroll does not rush her mothers in and out. She wants her babies born as healthy as possible, so Carroll spends time talking to the mothers about how they should care for themselves, what she expects them to do — and why they need to get married.

Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate - Yahoo! News

So the just say no plan is having a bit of trouble?

You're pretty casual about the situation, eh?

"Here is the lottery ticket that single mothers are handing their innocent children by choosing to raise them without fathers: Controlling for socioeconomic status, race, and place of residence, the strongest predictor of whether a person will end up in prison is that he was raised by a single parent. By 1996, 70 percent of inmates in state juvenile detention centers serving long-term sentences were raised by single mothers. Seventy-two percent of juvenile murderers and 60 percent of rapists come from single-mother homes. Seventy percent of teenage births, dropouts, suicides, runaways, juvenile delinquents, and child murderers involve children raised by single mothers. Girls raised without fathers are more sexually promiscuous and more likely to end up divorced. A 1990 study by the Progressive Policy Institute showed that after controlling for single motherhood, the difference between black and white crime rates disappeared. Various studies have come up with slightly different numbers, but all the figures are grim. According to the Index of Leading Cultural Indicators, children from single-parent families account for 63 percent of all youth suicides, 70 percent of all teenage pregnancies, 71 percent of all adolescent chemical/substance abuse, 80 percent of all prison inmates, and 90 percent of all homeless and runaway children.

A study cited in the Village Voice produced similar numbers. It found that children brought up in single-mother homes 'are five times more likely to commit suicide, nine times more likely to drop out of high school, 10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances, 14 times more likely to commit rape (for the boys), 20 times more likely to end up in prison, and 32 times more likely to run away from home.' Single motherhood is like a farm team for future criminals and social outcasts."
Coulter, "Guilty"
(emphasis mine)

If I'm not mistaken, more than 99.9% of all babies, regardless of sex or race, are born naked.

You're pretty casual about the situation, eh?

Why not? They are not my children, either the mother or the babies.
I can do nothing about the situation so why should I get all false outraged about it?

Amazing how many grandparents are raising their childrens babies while the children run out to make more.

If nothing else destoys America, this surely will.

So the just say no plan is having a bit of trouble?

Or it could be a combination of the "you can have all the 'safe' sex you want" and "you don't need anyone else's help you're a strong woman" plans that are having a bit of trouble.

Obviously even to the most challenged among us that safe sex was NOT practiced.
Strong woman? Heck most of the mothers are still children themselves.

I think a considerable amount of blame belongs on their parents heads.

Last edited:
It is beyond a problem, it is a true epidemic.
And, that I have seen, no national leaders in the black community are brave enough to speak up about it - and the media considers anything that puts black people in a bad light - taboo.
So the problem will continue. As it is, it will reach 75% by 2015...80% by the end of this decade...80%.

Things move slowly here. Women sit shoulder-to-shoulder in the narrow waiting room, sometimes for more than an hour. Carroll does not rush her mothers in and out. She wants her babies born as healthy as possible, so Carroll spends time talking to the mothers about how they should care for themselves, what she expects them to do — and why they need to get married.

Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate - Yahoo! News
What do you propose be done about it?

The problem of unwed preganacies is far from limited to the black community.

Unwed preganacies of all skintones do not have the stigma in our society as they once did.
Palins daughter?
heck she makes big money off of it.

What do you propose be done about it?
Maybe instead of paying people to have children, we could have some kind of liberal affirmative action wefare like program that pays black and hispanic women not to have so many kids.

Forum List

Back