72% of Americans support government run healthcare

I'd bet most Americans who say they are happy with their health plans have never been gravely ill.

I'd say the Canadian who has to wait six months for radiation treatment aren't too happy with their free health plan or their grieving loved ones...:eusa_whistle:

I'd bet most Americans who say they are happy with their health plans have never been gravely ill.

I'd say the Canadian who has to wait six months for radiation treatment aren't too happy with their free health plan or their grieving loved ones...:eusa_whistle:

nobody is advocating copying the Canadian system you moron. How about American ingenuity? We can and will build a better health care system after we shut people like you up.

:eek:

nobody is advocating copying the Canadian system you moron. How about American ingenuity? We can and will build a better health care system after we shut people like you up.

Yes, because America is ALL about shutting up the opposition and building something "better" without hearing from people we don't like . . . oh wait, it's not.

Yes the left ilk in Congress wants to spend 3 trillion dollars to fuck up our health care. Your right, the Canadians would never think of being that fucking loony.:cuckoo:

Last edited:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Americans strongly support fundamental changes to the healthcare system and a move to create a government-run insurance plan to compete with private insurers, according to a New York Times/CBS News poll published on Saturday.

The poll came amid mounting opposition to plans by the Obama administration and its allies in the Democratic-controlled Congress to push through the most sweeping restructuring of the U.S. healthcare system since the end of World War Two.

Republicans and some centrist Democrats oppose increasing the government's role in healthcare -- it already runs the Medicare and Medicaid systems for the elderly and indigent -- fearing it would require vast public funds and reduce the quality of care.

But the Times/CBS poll found 85 percent of respondents wanted major healthcare reforms and most would be willing to pay higher taxes to ensure everyone had health insurance. An estimated 46 million Americans currently have no coverage.

Seventy-two percent of those questioned said they backed a government-administered insurance plan similar to Medicare for those under 65 that would compete for customers with the private sector. Twenty percent said they were opposed.

Wide support for government health plan: poll | Reuters

You knew of course that The New York Times (unbiased rag that it is), over sampled Obama voters about 2 to 1 right?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Americans strongly support fundamental changes to the healthcare system and a move to create a government-run insurance plan to compete with private insurers, according to a New York Times/CBS News poll published on Saturday.

The poll came amid mounting opposition to plans by the Obama administration and its allies in the Democratic-controlled Congress to push through the most sweeping restructuring of the U.S. healthcare system since the end of World War Two.

Republicans and some centrist Democrats oppose increasing the government's role in healthcare -- it already runs the Medicare and Medicaid systems for the elderly and indigent -- fearing it would require vast public funds and reduce the quality of care.

But the Times/CBS poll found 85 percent of respondents wanted major healthcare reforms and most would be willing to pay higher taxes to ensure everyone had health insurance. An estimated 46 million Americans currently have no coverage.

Seventy-two percent of those questioned said they backed a government-administered insurance plan similar to Medicare for those under 65 that would compete for customers with the private sector. Twenty percent said they were opposed.

You knew of course that The New York Times (unbiased rag that it is), over sampled Obama voters about 2 to 1 right?

Why should he concern himself with facts and truth?

Lmao....

Him and 7 million illegal immigrants

How many uninsured people need additional help from taxpayers?*|*KeithHennessey.com

I've posted this several times and no one provides proof that these numbers are wrong other than to say, "That guy worked for Bush so his numbers are a lie"

Great argument huh?

BTW I saw a similar report on CNBC which stated that the true uninsured are less than 9 million people.

As usual, the government is not telling the whole truth here.

I don't think for Democrats that this about helping people who legitimately need Health insurance. I believe it's about creating a dependent constituency that will have no choice but vote them into office over and over..:eusa_whistle:
Wow, you came up with that all by yourself?

Oh please, Iran Contra, war in Central America, Nuns shoved out of planes. The US couldn't survive another Ronnie.

Oh please, Iran Contra, war in Central America, Nuns shoved out of planes. The US couldn't survive another Ronnie.

Yes it would be awful if people got to keep more of what they earned and the economy grew.

An estimated 46 million Americans currently have no coverage.

How many uninsured people need additional help from taxpayers?*|*KeithHennessey.com

There were 45.7 million uninsured people in the U.S. in 2007.

* Of that amount, 6.4 million are the Medicaid undercount. These are people who are on one of two government health insurance programs, Medicaid or S-CHIP, but mistakenly (intentionally or not) tell the Census taker that they are uninsured. There is disagreement about the size of the Medicaid undercount. This figure is based on a 2005 analysis from the Department of Health and Human Services.

* Another 4.3 million are eligible for free or heavily subsidized government health insurance (again, either Medcaid or SCHIP), but have not yet signed up. While these people are not pre-enrolled in a health insurance program and are therefore counted as uninsured, if they were to go to an emergency room (or a free clinic), they would be automatically enrolled in that program by the provider after receiving medical care. There’s an interesting philosophical question that I will skip about whether they are, in fact, uninsured, if technically they are protected from risk.

* Another 9.3 million are non-citizens. I cannot break that down into documented vs. undocumented citizens.

* Another 10.1 million do not fit into any of the above categories, and they have incomes more than 3X the poverty level. For a single person that means their income exceeded $30,600 in 2007, when the median income for a single male was $33,200 and for a female, $21,000. For a family of four, if your income was more than 3X the poverty level in 2007, you had $62,000 of income or more, and you were above the national median.

* Of the remaining 15.6 million uninsured, 5 million are adults between ages 18 and 34 and without kids.

* The remaining 10.6 million do not fit into any of the above categories, so they are:
U.S. citizens;
with income below 300% of poverty;
not on or eligible for a taxpayer-subsidized health insurance program;
and not a childless adult between age 18 and 34.

So it seems to me that in 2007 there were only 10.6 million people who were actually uninsured because the rest were eligible for government aid or were earning enough to buy insurance if they chose to do so.

That 46 million figure is a flat out lie.

i suppose that depends on how you interpret and analyze the data....?:eusa_eh: but i didn't get that AT ALL out of the little info in that post on it shull....????

Yes it would be awful if people got to keep more of what they earned and the economy grew.
Reagan ended the middle class. Until 1981 a single paycheck could support a family and buy a house.

Reagan ended the middle class. Until 1981 a single paycheck could support a family and buy a house.

Funny, I thought it was because wages couldn't keep up with the Carter inflation. Wow I learn something new everyday...Thanks for the info Junkie :cuckoo:

Then why don't you understand that when Rasmussen does it?

You'd have a point if I were one who believed polls were evidence of much of anything. Now stop deflecting and address this inconvenient truth.

Last edited:
so.. polls don't mean anything when the result is not what you hoped to see?

nice. srsly.

Maybe you could show a little proof, from a reliable source?

Again, as I have indicated on this post before and has been seen for what it is, this poll is flawed for several reasons, one the data sample is too low, and the data pool does not contain an accurate sampling. If I were to poll lets say 50% plus or minus. of Obama supporters and , 28% plus or minus of McCain supporters, and use a low sample of around 800 give or take, and throw in a few inds. , what do you think the results would be? As I said flawed poll data to appeal to those that like to use these things to promote an issue.

Face it, the public has woken up to the flaws in our expensive, bloated, and unfair health system.

You can't handle the truth.

They may have woken up to it, but that doesn't mean they want social medicine.

Social medicine bad.

Social bureaucracy to track payments to private medical professionals good.

-Joe

Face it, the public has woken up to the flaws in our expensive, bloated, and unfair health system.

You can't handle the truth.

They may have woken up to it, but that doesn't mean they want social medicine.

Social medicine bad.

Social bureaucracy to track payments to private medical professionals good.

-Joe

No. Neither is good. I don't want to wait hours when I should only have to wait minutes. I don't want a shortage of doctors, medical equipment, etc. which govt run care would produce imo.

Okay, I am repeating myself but meh, for all those who actually think healthcare will be cheaper if run by the government .... BZZZZZT! This is why our costs are high, and it's not the insurance companies that control them either so don't bother trying that crap. The FDA regulates what is allowed and what isn't. Pharmaceutical companies then have to pay them more in order to get permission to sell in the US, those with the biggest bribes tend to be the more dangerous and less tested drugs oddly .... this cost then has to be recuperated to make a profit, guess how they do that? Raising the cost to the patient. Not only do drug companies have this connection, the entire industry does. Drop out the FDA and *gasp* require patients learn a bit about their own health care then the prices will fall ... but you will also find a startling fact, we are not as sick as they tell us.

Health-care is an industry and should remain private. Insurance is a bureaucracy for the tracking payments to other industries. Any organization the size of We, The People that is not self insured is foolishly wasting resources.

-Joe

Forum List

Back