'72 Dolphins: undisputed best team ever

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
1972 Dophins, the only NFL team to ever to win the NFL Championship without losing a game all season. There can be no aurgument that any other team was better; '78 Steelers lost 2 games, '07 NE lost the big one (choke!), '85 Bears lost to Marino, '98 Broncos lost 2 games. Every team that won a championship tasted defeat except the '72 Dolphins.

Sure the teams today under todays rules might beat those Dolphins but the fact remains, Miami 17-0!!!

The Colts should have gone undefeated last year, but they pulled their starters against the Jets, thus sending the Jets to the play-offs, only to beat them there.

The fans here in Indy were PISSED OFF that they didn't try to go undefeated for the season.

Oh well.

The Colts should have gone undefeated last year, but they pulled their starters against the Jets, thus sending the Jets to the play-offs, only to beat them there.

The fans here in Indy were PISSED OFF that they didn't try to go undefeated for the season.

Oh well.

No one was more pissed off than Manning.

Um...it might have something to do with their candy ass schedule.

You have to play who you are scheduled to play and you have to show up every week. In the playoffs there are no cream puffs but winning teams, at least back then. The playoffs were not diluted with extra wildcard teams.

Oh well.

Sure they were pissed, but it was all academic because a Purdue Grad stepped up and kicked their ass in the big one!

Oh well.

Sure they were pissed, but it was all academic because a Purdue Grad stepped up and kicked their ass in the big one!

Holy...a Dolphin fan AND a Boilermaker...man oh man :cuckoo:

Best team ever was the 1989-90 San Francisco 49ers, who went 15-1.

In the playoffs, they beat the Vikings 41-13, the Rams 30-3 and the Broncos 55-10 in the most lopsided Super Bowl in history. The only game they lost they lost by 1 point.

Last edited:

Oh well.

Who was the QB of the '72 Dolphins? Bob Griese, a Purdue Grad! But I hate to disapoint you I am a lowly Hoosier (IU) fan without much to crow about as far as they go.

Aw geez...you guys have obviously never watched any Football.
Steelers.
Let me see now...just what year would I pick with all of those Super Bowl wins..:lol:

The '72 Dolphins would get run off the field by the 2010 Lions.

On December 26, 2010 the 2010 Lions will get trounced by the current edition of Dolphins. that said has anybody else done what they did? no!

The Colts last year and the 2007 Pats damn near did. Both teams would spank the '72 Dolphins like they were a Pop Warner team.

Aw geez...you guys have obviously never watched any Football.
Steelers.
Let me see now...just what year would I pick with all of those Super Bowl wins..:lol:

Pick something recent because those Bradshaw led teams would also get spanked by the 2010 Lions.

In the playoffs, they beat the Vikings 43-17, the Rams 30-3 and the Broncos 55-10 in the most lopsided Super Bowl in history.

But they lost at home to the Los Angeles Rams 13-12.

Who was the QB of the '72 Dolphins? Bob Griese, a Purdue Grad! But I hate to disapoint you I am a lowly Hoosier (IU) fan without much to crow about as far as they go.

I am an IU grad too, maybe we'll win 5 games this year! :eusa_pray:

In the playoffs, they beat the Vikings 43-17, the Rams 30-3 and the Broncos 55-10 in the most lopsided Super Bowl in history.

But they lost at home to the Los Angeles Rams 13-12.

And they would kick the crap out of the '72 Dolphins.

1972 Dophins, the only NFL team to ever to win the NFL Championship without losing a game all season. There can be no aurgument that any other team was better; '78 Steelers lost 2 games, '07 NE lost the big one (choke!), '85 Bears lost to Marino, '98 Broncos lost 2 games. Every team that won a championship tasted defeat except the '72 Dolphins.

Sure the teams today under todays rules might beat those Dolphins but the fact remains, Miami 17-0!!!

I was down in South Florida in the early 70's up to 1980. Went to many games. The old Orange Bowl rocked!..literally. The thing moved all over the place when the fans stood up and screamed.

I have a great Larry Cszonka story. I saved his life!

Forum List

Back