72 Arrested resisting gun confiscation in Maryland!

Oh, really? And just like the Bostonians thought, so did Germans and the Carthaginians.
Study up on Hitler and ancient Carthage and weapon confiscation.
The dope is the one that refuses to recognize the past.
You are so wrong.

Sure, dope. It's just like the revolution. The founders would all be up in arms over the tyranny of a decision that they empowered the judiciary to make in a system they designed. :uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3:

It's fantasy.
Bull crap. You want the truth, then read this from academia. It gets to the heart of the matter in the later page 200’s. You can start there, for reference
How the British Gun Control Program Precipitated the American Revolution

I never disputed that, dope.

I'm disputing the idea that the OP's example is in any way a relevant analogy to the revolution.

The dope is the one who can't understand what's different now.

"Assault rifle" is a term from the second world war, although the Thompson of WWI probably was a first.
But, why get into actual definition of words; it never achieves anything on these threads.
actually it's a german reference.

we get into the definition of words because, "words matter". holding the sarcasm, they do. the AR 15 by original definition is NOT an assault rifle so the left changed the definition to fit their emotional need to call it one and ban it.

when you ask what about it makes it "assault" they can't list a single trait that other guns they didn't care about previously also share. this shows serious ignorance from the left on this topic and out of frustration to not be able to define their hate, they now hate it all and want semi automatic guns banned.

but they're not coming for our guns.

Instead of meaningless quibbling over specific nomenclature, take it to mean military weaponry.
great. now show me a military that uses the AR15.

the problem is the left redefines words to fit the situation, not accepts the situation and figures out how to deal with what is.

By 'military weaponry', he obviously wants to pout restrictions on Berretta M-9, Colt revolvers, M-I Garands, bayonets, K-Bars among other weapons common in civilian use.
and that's just it. you can call almost any gun "military" if you choose. what the left chooses to do is simply keep calling it whatever they have to call it in order to ban it. if they spent 1/2 the time understanding it they could spend 100% less time trying to reword it to fit their incorrect views on the topic.

Look, dope. I understand it very well. I've put tens of thousands of rounds downrange in the military. No doubt far more than you.

Funny, my 30rnd mags from the army fit very well into an AR.

Oh, really? And just like the Bostonians thought, so did Germans and the Carthaginians.
Study up on Hitler and ancient Carthage and weapon confiscation.
The dope is the one that refuses to recognize the past.
Sure, dope. It's just like the revolution. The founders would all be up in arms over the tyranny of a decision that they empowered the judiciary to make in a system they designed. :uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3:

It's fantasy.
Bull crap. You want the truth, then read this from academia. It gets to the heart of the matter in the later page 200’s. You can start there, for reference
How the British Gun Control Program Precipitated the American Revolution

I never disputed that, dope.

I'm disputing the idea that the OP's example is in any way a relevant analogy to the revolution.

The dope is the one who can't understand what's different now.

It's very hard to follow along with one of you posting at the top of the quotes and the other at the bottom. :D

we get into the definition of words because, "words matter". holding the sarcasm, they do. the AR 15 by original definition is NOT an assault rifle so the left changed the definition to fit their emotional need to call it one and ban it.

when you ask what about it makes it "assault" they can't list a single trait that other guns they didn't care about previously also share. this shows serious ignorance from the left on this topic and out of frustration to not be able to define their hate, they now hate it all and want semi automatic guns banned.

Instead of meaningless quibbling over specific nomenclature, take it to mean military weaponry.

the problem is the left redefines words to fit the situation, not accepts the situation and figures out how to deal with what is.

By 'military weaponry', he obviously wants to pout restrictions on Berretta M-9, Colt revolvers, M-I Garands, bayonets, K-Bars among other weapons common in civilian use.
and that's just it. you can call almost any gun "military" if you choose. what the left chooses to do is simply keep calling it whatever they have to call it in order to ban it. if they spent 1/2 the time understanding it they could spend 100% less time trying to reword it to fit their incorrect views on the topic.

Look, dope. I understand it very well. I've put tens of thousands of rounds downrange in the military. No doubt far more than you.

are you finished with the personal attacks?

I don't know, but parents (since schools won't) need to start teaching their children about their rights and why they are important. Not surprising that they don't learn much about their rights in government funded school systems though. Lol. Oh, the irony.

I call it like I see it.

This is suppose to be in humor, it has nothing to do with politics..
In fact, it does. It deals with the main topic under discussion in this country right now. Government wanting to reduce or eliminate our Second Amendment rights.
The govt. will not take away your guns if "you" do not let them,,,see how that works....

Actually they can under the Extreme Risk Protection Order (ERPO). There's another thread about that being enforced in Seattle, but other states have it as well.

I call it like I see it.

I call it a series of personal attacks.:banned03:

An assault rifle is adapted to close quarters combat with concentrations of enemy soldiers. It is compact, light and rapid fire. The previosly mentioned Thompson was exactly such a weapon before its time. The "trench broom" was intended for individual soldiers who did succeed in getting to an enemy trench to rapidly dispatch its occupants. The MP 38 of the Wehrmacht was adapted to non-trench assault, thus the name. The AK 47 is an extension of the thinking, as is the M16 and its soul twin, the AR15. Despite propaganda to the contrary, they are so similar that discussing the meaningless differences is purely academic. Some will insist, nonetheless.

"Assault rifle" is a term from the second world war, although the Thompson of WWI probably was a first.
But, why get into actual definition of words; it never achieves anything on these threads.

the problem is the left redefines words to fit the situation, not accepts the situation and figures out how to deal with what is. i can't have a meaningful discussion with someone who's going to change words around vs. invest time into understanding what is.

won't
ever
happen

It's the same thing thing as an M16 with the exception of a burst function.

Your bullshit semantics does nothing but make you look dumb.
actually after that statement, you've made yourself look pretty stupid.

now again - show me a military using the AR15.

I call it like I see it.
if only you understood these things that you see.

the problem is the left redefines words to fit the situation, not accepts the situation and figures out how to deal with what is. i can't have a meaningful discussion with someone who's going to change words around vs. invest time into understanding what is.

won't
ever
happen

It's the same thing thing as an M16 with the exception of a burst function.

Your bullshit semantics does nothing but make you look dumb.
You've looked nothing but dumb the entire thread, dope.

The AR15: it looks like an M16, sounds like an M16 (fires the same round), weighs like an M16, but it isn't a duck.

Francis Wright
March 1 at 3:12pm ·

BREAKING NEWS: Seventy-Two Killed Resisting Gun Confiscation In Maryland.

National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a Para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.

Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.

Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily.”

Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans.

During a tense standoff in the Lexington town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists.

Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.

Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.

And this fellow Americans, is how the American Revolution began, April 20, 1775.

History. Study it, or repeat it.

I imagine that it wouldn't go this way today. America has lost most of its backbone in the past 250 years or so.

Regardless, it is a lesson for gun grabbers to take to heart. Regardless of your deciet, even if you manage to get control of government, you'll never get the guns.

Ever.

Bottom line: Not much has changed in Maryland in the past 250 years, the government still wants your guns, given half the chance, it would gladly and quickly revert back to old England, and despite the important message here about our Constition our Founders and the right to bear arms, it is still apparently totally lost on many of those reading it.

The Emperor ordered all blasters collected from the rebels. Luckily they didn't need any capital ships, or fighters, or magicians to win, hand-held blasters were legal and that is all they had, except for a few swords. Battle lasted 3 hours.

An assault rifle is adapted to close quarters combat with concentrations of enemy soldiers. It is compact, light and rapid fire. The previosly mentioned Thompson was exactly such a weapon before its time. The "trench broom" was intended for individual soldiers who did succeed in getting to an enemy trench to rapidly dispatch its occupants. The MP 38 of the Wehrmacht was adapted to non-trench assault, thus the name. The AK 47 is an extension of the thinking, as is the M16 and its soul twin, the AR15. Despite propaganda to the contrary, they are so similar that discussing the meaningless differences is purely academic. Some will insist, nonetheless.
and some will insist, just the same, that they are automatic weapons. or that no one hunts with them. or that they can't be used for home defense. no one will focus on the actual core of how to define this so we know for sure what to ban w/o banning every gun out there.

so if we talk over the meaningless differences then what do we ban in the AR, specifically, that doesn't also include a ruger 10/22, or a gun that's a step or 2 above a seriously powerful pellet gun.

which if we're now to this area and can say the AR15 is the same as an M16 w/o the burst mode, yet we can't put that same type of distinction on the ruger 10/22, then what specifically are we going to ban to stop the bad AR15 and not ban the good ruger 10/22?

non detachable clips have been suggested. great. you now hit even my mosin nagant WWII russian rifle because while bolt action, it does have a detachable clip. keep it to semi-auto, you now ban the ruger 10/22.

ok, so we just keep it to AR15s AND ONLY AR15s cannot have a detachable clip.

well shit it looked good on paper. but all these people with well intended actions simply do not understand the problem itself and the problem itself goes way beyond guns. so when you "fix"a "problem" people find a way through it. we going to ban innovation now?

hell, while i agree banning the bump stock is fine, a rubber band or your belt loop will do the same. we banning those now?

when do we stop banning and when do we start learning and teaching and understanding?

now - do we just ban the AR15 cause of looks? to date NO ONE has given me a characteristic to this gun most all guns do not share. so what do we ban?

The AR15: it looks like an M16, sounds like an M16 (fires the same round), weighs like an M16, but it isn't a duck.

to be fair, they do *not* fire the same round. .223 is the civilian version of the 5.56 NATO which has higher maximum average pressure of about 11%. the throat is also different. it also didn't start off as a military round for battle but a pump action rifle in the early 60s. it's well known for AR15 but it's also a varmint hunter round as well and can cleanly take down a deer.

the AR also comes in a .308, another hunting round.

so while maybe in the duck family....

and some will insist, just the same, that they are automatic weapons. or that no one hunts with them. or that they can't be used for home defense. no one will focus on the actual core of how to define this so we know for sure what to ban w/o banning every gun out there.

so if we talk over the meaningless differences then what do we ban in the AR, specifically, that doesn't also include a ruger 10/22, or a gun that's a step or 2 above a seriously powerful pellet gun.

which if we're now to this area and can say the AR15 is the same as an M16 w/o the burst mode, yet we can't put that same type of distinction on the ruger 10/22, then what specifically are we going to ban to stop the bad AR15 and not ban the good ruger 10/22?

non detachable clips have been suggested. great. you now hit even my mosin nagant WWII russian rifle because while bolt action, it does have a detachable clip. keep it to semi-auto, you now ban the ruger 10/22.

well shit it looked good on paper. but all these people with well intended actions simply do not understand the problem itself and the problem itself goes way beyond guns. so when you "fix"a "problem" people find a way through it. we going to ban innovation now?

hell, while i agree banning the bump stock is fine, a rubber band or your belt loop will do the same. we banning those now?

when do we stop banning and when do we start learning and teaching and understanding?

now - do we just ban the AR15 cause of looks? to date NO ONE has given me a characteristic to this gun most all guns do not share. so what do we ban?

No mention of banning anything in the quoted post.

No mention of banning anything in the quoted post.

well good. all the talk of banning it should stop then.

Forum List

Back