71% of Americans view AGW with concern

Again, the echo chamber speaks (of course, all in one voice). As usual one very good investigative technique is, follow the money: who benefits? Scientists (LOL) or industrialists?
Long ago people shit in the rivers from which they drank; those who deny that human activity impacts the ecology negatively are as ignorant. Worse, those who deny climate change today are willfully ignorant, for political partisan reasons or too stupid to see what is happening around the globe.
To them, one data point (gee, it's cold today) is sufficent to disprove something is happening. Those who suggest it's not human activity, but a natural set of events, hold opinions manufactured for them by those whose sole purpose in life is wealth and power (and most of the echo chamber claim to be 'independent thinkers', they are not independent, nor are they thinkers).

and to some of your fellow lemmings, the same holds true.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/120534-more-record-heat.html

stupid is as stupid does. most of your rant applies at least as well to you and yours as it does to the deniers, especially the *independent thinking*.

what a bag of assholes

Real figures from a scientific source.

Volcanic Gases and Climate Change Overview

Volcanic versus anthropogenic CO2 emissions
Do the Earth’s volcanoes emit more CO2 than human activities? Research findings indicate that the answer to this frequently asked question is a clear and unequivocal, “No.” Human activities, responsible for some 36,300 million metric tons of CO2 emissions in 2008 [Le Quéré et al., 2009], release at least a hundred times more CO2 annually than all the world’s degassing subaerial and submarine volcanoes.

The half dozen or so published estimates of the global CO2 emission rate for all degassing subaerial and submarine volcanoes lie in a range from 123 to 378 million metric tons per year [Gerlach, 1991; Varekamp et al., 1992; Allard, 1992; Sano and Williams, 1996; Marty and Tolstikhin, 1998; Kerrick, 2001]. The current anthropogenic CO2 emission rate of some 36,300-million metric tons of CO2 per year is about 100 to 300 times larger than this range of estimates for global volcanic CO2 emissions. The anthropogenic rate is 138 times larger than the preferred global estimate of Marty and Tolstikhin (1998) of 264 million metric tons per year, which falls close to the middle of the range of global estimates.

Normally, there are about 50-60 active subaerial volcanoes at the present time. One of these is Kīlauea volcano in Hawaii, which has an annual baseline CO2 output of about 3.1 million metric tons per year [Gerlach et al., 2002]. It would take a huge addition of volcanoes to the subaerial landscape—the equivalent of an extra 11,700 Kīlauea volcanoes—to scale up the global volcanic CO2 emission rate to the anthropogenic CO2 emission rate. Similarly, scaling up the volcanic rate to the current anthropogenic rate by adding more submarine volcanoes would require the addition of over 100 mid-oceanic ridge systems to the sea floor.

Global volcanic CO2 emission estimates are uncertain and variable, but there is little doubt that the anthropogenic CO2 emission rate is more than a hundred times greater than the global volcanic CO2 emission rate.

Personally I would support greater usage of CO2 as a commercial refrigerant. I'd even support blasting a hundred tons of it into the broken oil pipe to freeze the flow of oil. ;) Not to mention the feeling of joy from drinking carbonated beverages, I just love the way it tickles my throat going down. More CO2 now!!! I want more!!!

Methinks I smell a polecat in the hen house.

584-1.gif

From the Pew Institute, January 2010. Global Warming is dead last.

Hypothesis: deminimus increases in the atmospheric trace element CO2 causes instantaneous, cataclysmic and irreversible changes in Earth's atmosphere
_____
|___| Fishtank #1: Earths atmosphere

_____
|___| Fishtank #2: Earth's atmosphere plus 1/4 spoon of dry ice (CO2)

Monitor results.

Last edited:
Again, the echo chamber speaks (of course, all in one voice). As usual one very good investigative technique is, follow the money: who benefits? Scientists (LOL) or industrialists?
Long ago people shit in the rivers from which they drank; those who deny that human activity impacts the ecology negatively are as ignorant. Worse, those who deny climate change today are willfully ignorant, for political partisan reasons or too stupid to see what is happening around the globe.
To them, one data point (gee, it's cold today) is sufficent to disprove something is happening. Those who suggest it's not human activity, but a natural set of events, hold opinions manufactured for them by those whose sole purpose in life is wealth and power (and most of the echo chamber claim to be 'independent thinkers', they are not independent, nor are they thinkers).

Nor are individuals slaves to the State. ;) Who are the biggest polluters?

The biggest polluter today, BP, Haliburton and/or Transocean as evidenced by the damage done to the Gulf of Mexico and the shoreline of the Southern United States. Also, the oil cartel, the battery makers and tire manufacturers who manipulated the dismantling of public transportation systems throughout the U.S. in the 1950's and 1960's; and, fools like yourself who reject the notion that green, renewable energy, is the future and continue to protect polluters so callous they want their own life back even while hundreds of thousands of Americans wonder when they will begin to earn a living again.

The biggest polluter today, BP, Haliburton and/or Transocean as evidenced by the damage done to the Gulf of Mexico and the shoreline of the Southern United States. Also, the oil cartel, the battery makers and tire manufacturers who manipulated the dismantling of public transportation systems throughout the U.S. in the 1950's and 1960's; and, fools like yourself who reject the notion that green, renewable energy, is the future and continue to protect polluters so callous they want their own life back even while hundreds of thousands of Americans wonder when they will begin to earn a living again.

They were working when Bush was President

Boooooooooooooooosh. Of course, so were the nearly 5,000 GI's (for the time they lived) you freaking moron. Only a fool would chose to go by 'Crusader', of course not having empathy, or the historical knowledge of what the crusades - as well as the inquisitions - were, puts you in the educational and intellectual camp of booooooooooosh.

Boooooooooooooooosh. Of course, so were the nearly 5,000 GI's (for the time they lived) you freaking moron. Only a fool would chose to go by 'Crusader', of course not having empathy, or the historical knowledge of what the crusades - as well as the inquisitions - were, puts you in the educational and intellectual camp of booooooooooosh.

Momma told me not pick on the retards.

More evidence you're a fool.

More evidence you're a fool.

I traced my family ancestry back to a participation in the First Crusades. When I was a lurker, I noticed there were Jihadists supporters who were posting on Board and I wanted to pick the absolutely most offensive name I could think of, hence CrusaderFrank.

Again, I'm not going to pick on you, I know you have diminished capacity.

LOL just to remind all of you always always check the links hidden in oldoscks and son's linked sources...

I followed the link to the questions they asked in their little poll of only a little over 1100 people by phone.... Here is what I found...

This ABC News/Washington Post poll was conducted by telephone June 3-6, 2010, among a
random national sample of 1,004 adults, including landline and cell-phone-only
respondents. Results for the full sample have a 3.5-point error margin. Sampling, data
collection and tabulation by TNS of Horsham, PA.
17. (HALF SAMPLE) On another subject, do you think the federal government should or
should not regulate the release of greenhouse gases from sources like power plants,
cars and factories in an effort to reduce global warming? Do you feel that way
strongly or somewhat?

One question? THats it??? HAHAHAHAHAHA! Waht a poll.. 1100 people and only one question and thats it... And the numbers are fudged too....

heres the PDF...http://abcnews.go.com/images/PollingUnit/1110a6GreenhouseGasresults.pdf

THe little numbers chart gets fudged in the quote on here so take a look for yourselves and get a good laugh..... LOL

You may notice that 52% said strongly and only 19% said somewhat in favor for legislation on CO2 emissions.. And 19% strongly disagreed with it and 7% somewhat disagreed, and 4% didnt have an opinion on it.... BUt wait look closely at the numbers on the left and right side of the chart.... OMG, they changed the order of the numbers on the right... WTF? why did they do that it makes it misleading and confusing....

Yeah they did that to bullshit you.....LOL nice work trolls......LOL

LOL just to remind all of you always always check the links hidden in oldoscks and son's linked sources...

I followed the link to the questions they asked in their little poll of only a little over 1100 people by phone.... Here is what I found...

This ABC News/Washington Post poll was conducted by telephone June 3-6, 2010, among a
respondents. Results for the full sample have a 3.5-point error margin. Sampling, data
17. (HALF SAMPLE) On another subject, do you think the federal government should or
should not regulate the release of greenhouse gases from sources like power plants,
strongly or somewhat?

One question? THats it??? HAHAHAHAHAHA! Waht a poll.. 1100 people and only one question and thats it... And the numbers are fudged too....

heres the PDF...http://abcnews.go.com/images/PollingUnit/1110a6GreenhouseGasresults.pdf

THe little numbers chart gets fudged in the quote on here so take a look for yourselves and get a good laugh..... LOL

You may notice that 52% said strongly and only 19% said somewhat in favor for legislation on CO2 emissions.. And 19% strongly disagreed with it and 7% somewhat disagreed, and 4% didnt have an opinion on it.... BUt wait look closely at the numbers on the left and right side of the chart.... OMG, they changed the order of the numbers on the right... WTF? why did they do that it makes it misleading and confusing....

Yeah they did that to bullshit you.....LOL nice work trolls......LOL

strongly or somewhat?
--------- Should -------- ------- Should not ------ No
NET Strongly Somewhat NET Somewhat Strongly opinion
6/6/10 71 52 19 26 7 19 4
12/13/09 65 50 15 29 9 20 6
6/21/09 75 53 22 22 9 13 3
4/24/09 75 54 21 21 9 12 4

http://abcnews.go.com/images/PollingUnit/1110a6GreenhouseGasresults.pdf

Last edited:
I want to see the internals on that poll. I smell bullshit.

UK Grows more skeptical on Climate Change
Most Americans oppose Climate Change Bill
American's belief in global warming cools
Americans turning off climate change

As exposed today on the Jason Lewis show.

Cap and Tax legislation as currently proposed would cost between 200 and 360 BILLION dollars extra for US households. An average of $2000 per family a year. These predictions were the result of findings by the CBO and Heritage Foundation.

Citizens would also be given less freedom to choose temperatures of their home, products they can buy, distances they can travel, places they can work due to industry costs killing small business... The devastation to the economy will be horrific as we place yet another barrier and the ability to compete in the world market.

So whattever Konjob. There are lies, damn lies, statistics, estimates, computer models and opinion polls.

C'mon guy's....that's the best you can do? ABC News polls are a joke. They have been for at least 15 years if not longer. Also ABC has been in the back pocket of the warmers for over a decade. Credible? I don't think so! They refused to run a single report on climategate till they were forced to, and I think that's it they ran the one report trying to say it was nothing, they refuse to report almost anything that runs counter to AGW propaganda. Anything But Credible News is what they should be called.

I want to see the internals on that poll. I smell bullshit.

UK Grows more skeptical on Climate Change
Most Americans oppose Climate Change Bill
American's belief in global warming cools
Americans turning off climate change

As exposed today on the Jason Lewis show.

Cap and Tax legislation as currently proposed would cost between 200 and 360 BILLION dollars extra for US households. An average of $2000 per family a year. These predictions were the result of findings by the CBO and Heritage Foundation.

Citizens would also be given less freedom to choose temperatures of their home, products they can buy, distances they can travel, places they can work due to industry costs killing small business... The devastation to the economy will be horrific as we place yet another barrier and the ability to compete in the world market.

So whattever Konjob. There are lies, damn lies, statistics, estimates, computer models and opinion polls.
...and interweb moonbats who cite polls from obviously biased sources. :lol:

Forum List

Back