70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor coming up

Was a lazy carefree day on Sunday Dec 7, 1941.

Sailers going to Mass etc...

World in a state of war - tensions between America and Japan

Shoundt have been a surprise.

The battleships were old and needed replacing. I find it odd that ALL of the carriers were out of the harbor that morning.:confused::confused:

Tensions between USA and Japan were heating up after the embargo cutting off oil to Japan.

The Japs were desperate - caught between a rock and a hard place.

Yet the base at PH was totally unprepared.

I FIND THAT DIFFICULT TO FATHOM.

No Tower 7 bullshit

Last edited:
Somebody was asleep on theswitch on Dec 7, 1941..............

Did they have coler alerts - like after 9/11 (red, ;orange etc)

Maybe the historical significance of this anniversary can be noted without your constant harping on some stupid conspiracy theory.

WWII seems like ancient history to me now.

Which is sort of odd given that when I was a boy, WWII really was a living history.

Everybody's father was a veteran of that war when I was young.

Thanks for reminding me about the date.

I'll have to call my father today to thank him and his generation for beating back the HUN and NIP.

The battleships were old and needed replacing. I find it odd that ALL of the carriers were out of the harbor that morning.:confused::confused:

The three aircraft carriers of the Pacific Fleet were not present. USS Saratoga (CV 3), just out of overhaul, was moored at San Diego. USS Lexington (CV 2) was at sea about 425 miles southeast of Midway toward which she was headed to deliver a Marine Scout Bombing Squadron. USS Enterprise (CV 6) was also at sea, about 200 miles west of Pearl Harbor, returning from Wake Island where she had delivered a Marine Fighter Squadron.

Forum List

Back