7000 Losing Unemployment Benefits Daily

As those 7,000 people a day drop off the unemployment roles we will see that translate into a false representation of what the real unemployment number is right now when it's released later next month..

How do you figure that? Whether or not someone is eligible for or received UI benefits has never been part of the definition or calculations of the National Unemployment Rate. If you're looking for work, you're counted as unemployed for the Unemployment rate.

is there a specific union where all union members are LAZY ASS WORKERS or all union members across the country are LAZY ASS WORKERS and do you have anything to back that up Yank? :eusa_whistle:

care

I most certainly do. Two of my brothers-in-law were employed by the UAW for a period of time back in the nineties. They were told to slow down and to not work faster than any of their "brothers" in the UAW, because if they did, management could find out that not as many union workers were actually needed and one of their "brothers" might get laid off. How's that for pricing yourself out of a job?

well, as management, they should have figured out that their workers could be more productive....and spoken to the union about it...management is NOT union.

And if you look at statistics in the area of auto workers, american auto workers are highly productive....americans are highly productive compared to most other countries in the world...we produce more per working hour/dollar overall....

I don't think you can use your brother in laws as an example of the entire auto workers or system....and i don't believe you are normally this unreasonable in your generalizations and insults to a whole group of people based on 2 people out of milliomns either...so, i am not quite certain what is going on with you here...???

care

Are you serious? Do you think that all of our manufacturing jobs simply MAGICALLY went overseas where the labor force is much cheaper and just as, if not MORE productive than ours is? Did the "jobs fairy" simply wave her magic wand and made management decide they could make the SAME product faster and cheaper in other countries? You simply CANNOT justify paying someone $40.00/hour PLUS pension plans, vacation, awesome medical benefits for doing the same robotic, non-thinking thing minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day when workers in foreign countries will do it for $2.00/hour. Why is this so hard for union people and their supporters to understand? Don't believe me? Try asking all of the former UAW members who are now unemployed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back