7000 a day falling off of unemployment insurance.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
THIS IS A CATASTROPHE!

They, of course, will not be called in any survey to determine the actual rate of unemployment.

Eventually they will be counted in the 40 million who are able bodied who "just are not interested in looking for work and therefore are not in the labor pool."

Hummmmmm????

Last edited:
You're right--it is a catastrophe. There have been many who didn't even get unemployment when they lost their jobs. It could be part of the reason there has been such an increase in crime in many areas. People are getting desperate and angry.

THIS IS A CATASTROPHE!

They, of course, will not be called in any survey to determine the actual rate of unemployment.
If they're looking for work, they're unemployed as far as the unemployment rate goes. Unemployment benefits have never been part of those calculations.

Eventually they will be counted in the 40 million who are able bodied who "just are not interested in looking for work and therefore are not in the labor pool."
Please show where that's a definition. If you're not looking for work, you're not in the Labor Force (unless you're on temporary layoff). How could you be? And while not in the Labor Force, those who aren't looking but want to work and are available (the Marginally Attached) and those who want to work and are available but aren't looking because they don't believe they'd find anything (Discouraged workers) are tracked as well.

You're right--it is a catastrophe. There have been many who didn't even get unemployment when they lost their jobs. It could be part of the reason there has been such an increase in crime in many areas. People are getting desperate and angry.

I was up in Oakland, California studying the socio-economic effects of this Depression. Man, it is really UGLY up there. Every morning there are new bodies found on the sidewalks. The common practice up there is for somebody to walk up behind you and simply shoot you in the head for your wallet. They don't stick you up, they just kill you and take what they want.

I left the city for my own safety when a fellow in my hotel was killed in that manner just a half block from the hotel. He had walked to a small restaurant for dinner and never made it back.

No strong arm robbery, just a loud BANG behind your ear and then your lights go out.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back