$700 Billion Proposal to buy bad mortgages

Our government should not be bailing out anyone. . .

But since they're in the dumbfuck mood, I'll take a measly $1 Billion for my mortgage.

No way. I'm busy at work right now but i will take that challange.

The GOP serve the rich, not the masses. We told you this for 8 years. They risked everything and lost. And your ideas cost way too much money.

I said for 8 years, how can you spend this much and not raise taxes. You told me to fuck off.

I said, "how can you fight a war and give tax breaks to the rich" You argued.

I said, "the economy was in a recession, you said it was strong.

We know exactly who is responsible. And John McCain crashed the economy back in the 80's with 4 democrats. They lost their jobs but McCain went on to serve 20 more years. And he still didn't learn his lesson. Until last week, when he turned into the MEVERICK REGULATOR.

Don't forget to include this in your analysis, sealybob, Carter’s CRA Again, Bush and admin are in this too, along with Clinton.

Sorry, but I don't vote straight tickets. I vote R's, D's, Libertarians, Independents. I also wouldn't let any member in congress balance my checkbook.

Yes it is corrupt, the same as the Republican party is. We can beat our chests all day long blaming the other side but it's not gonna solve any problems. For every Republican that you blame for the current mess, I can name a democrat who has had his or hands in policy that affects our situation. Don't forget to blame the other irresponsible people who lived out of their means also.

So true

Don't forget to include this in your analysis, sealybob, Carter’s CRA Again, Bush and admin are in this too, along with Clinton.

Sorry, but I don't vote straight tickets. I vote R's, D's, Libertarians, Independents. I also wouldn't let any member in congress balance my checkbook.
after that check scandal the Congress (both reps and dems IIRC)had back in the 80s, you bet your life i'd keep them as far away from MY accounts as possible

The GOP got a chance to revisit that law in 2002. What happened?

All I know is that having an economy based upon deficit spending by the government to keep the economy propped up has got some serious issues that need to be addressed. I would like to see a lightly regulated economy free that can be self sufficient without government funding, but we are so deep into it now, I just don't see it happening. Most industries do not want to give up the government funding because it is so lucrative, and the federal government does not want to lose the control over the economy that is currently has. Both parties continue to drive up government spending, and these days, and for as much as a lot of Republicans claim to want a smaller government, their politicians continue to increase spending across the board. I don't know how true conservatives can continue to assert this administration, he seems to go against everything you stand for. Thank god he is almost gone.

Not really sure what to make of this. What do you all think? $700 billion seems like an outrageous amount of money they we do not have, but it may be necessary. I just worry what kind of control this would give our government over private companies. From what I understand, there was nothing in the proposal that specified what the government would receive in return for the $700 billion.

Thoughts?

i am all for it if they pay off my bad mortgage too.

All I know is that having an economy based upon deficit spending by the government to keep the economy propped up has got some serious issues that need to be addressed. I would like to see a lightly regulated economy free that can be self sufficient without government funding, but we are so deep into it now, I just don't see it happening. Most industries do not want to give up the government funding because it is so lucrative, and the federal government does not want to lose the control over the economy that is currently has. Both parties continue to drive up government spending, and these days, and for as much as a lot of Republicans claim to want a smaller government, their politicians continue to increase spending across the board. I don't know how true conservatives can continue to assert this administration, he seems to go against everything you stand for. Thank god he is almost gone.

Deficit spending by the government is only 1/3 the problem... much of the US spending over the last 20 years was done with borrowed money. If we borrowed to buy stuff, the people who made it, shipped it, sold it and service it are paid with borrowed money.

From house and car loans to restaurant meals on credit cards we have been living in a false economy for a while now.

How many of the hard assets, things like back-hoes, bulldozers, factory buildings, fork lifts, etc are on credit? I have even heard of small businesses borrowing to cover their payroll.

Even our infrastructure, roads, bridges, seaports, waste treatment plants, etc is not ours free and clear.

Our entire economy may be a house of cards...

-Joe

Deficit spending by the government is only 1/3 the problem... much of the US spending over the last 20 years was done with borrowed money. If we borrowed to buy stuff, the people who made it, shipped it, sold it and service it are paid with borrowed money.

From house and car loans to restaurant meals on credit cards we have been living in a false economy for a while now.

How many of the hard assets, things like back-hoes, bulldozers, factory buildings, fork lifts, etc are on credit? I have even heard of small businesses borrowing to cover their payroll.

Even our infrastructure, roads, bridges, seaports, waste treatment plants, etc is not ours free and clear.

Our entire economy may be a house of cards...

-Joe

That is kind of what I am getting at. Maybe I am wrong, but deficit spending is the same to me as spending on a credit card with no limit. Yea, you can buy whatever you want with it, but you should stay within your limits of what you can actually pay back in a reasonable time frame. I know that is a simplistic comparison, but that is the way I look at it. Thankfully, the rest of the world has invested in that debt and rely heavily on America not going under, because I personally believe that is the only thing keep up afloat at this point. Keynesian economics, which seems to be the economic theory our government has been using to justify their outrageous spending, was only meant to be done in short bursts, not for over 60 years.

That is kind of what I am getting at. Maybe I am wrong, but deficit spending is the same to me as spending on a credit card with no limit. Yea, you can buy whatever you want with it, but you should stay within your limits of what you can actually pay back in a reasonable time frame. I know that is a simplistic comparison, but that is the way I look at it. Thankfully, the rest of the world has invested in that debt and rely heavily on America not going under, because I personally believe that is the only thing keep up afloat at this point. Keynesian economics, which seems to be the economic theory our government has been using to justify their outrageous spending, was only meant to be done in short bursts, not for over 60 years.

You are wrong. If a credit card truly has NO LIMIT you could just charge on it forever and never run out of money.

New Topics

Forum List

Back