$700 Billion Proposal to buy bad mortgages

the reason everyone knows I don't know what i'm saying is because I say things like when a corrupt repub is exposed they generally dont get re-elected
not so with the dems

I tweeked your comment so it is more accurate.

Bush was exposed. You ignored the evidence. There are dozens of books...oh, I forgot you don't read, or listen, and you have selective memory.

Not even considering all the Federal Prosecutors and the attorney general are loyal bushies, what do you think the ratio is for dem to gop corruption from 00 to 08 is?

We are only now starting to find out everything the gop has done. They won't testify, they delete emails and the US attorneys won't enforce the laws.

I always wonder if you dumb asses know this and pretend not to know or are you really assuming that I'm just a conspiracy theorist. Everything I said from 00 to 06, people assumed the dems were exxagerating or they didn't believe it because they weren't hearing about it on tv.

That has to be it. We all know how powerful tv is. If it isn't on tv, it isn't really important. I think the gop have taken over tv and the reason dems are doing good is the internet is keeping tv honest. Because today, they can't pretend mccain is telling the truth. We can all go find the facts ourselves and spread the word via internet. fuck the corporate media.

I don't think you'll ever wise up though.

I tweeked your comment so it is more accurate.

Bush was exposed. You ignored the evidence. There are dozens of books...oh, I forgot you don't read, or listen, and you have selective memory.

Not even considering all the Federal Prosecutors and the attorney general are loyal bushies, what do you think the ratio is for dem to gop corruption from 00 to 08 is?

We are only now starting to find out everything the gop has done. They won't testify, they delete emails and the US attorneys won't enforce the laws.

I always wonder if you dumb asses know this and pretend not to know or are you really assuming that I'm just a conspiracy theorist. Everything I said from 00 to 06, people assumed the dems were exxagerating or they didn't believe it because they weren't hearing about it on tv.

That has to be it. We all know how powerful tv is. If it isn't on tv, it isn't really important. I think the gop have taken over tv and the reason dems are doing good is the internet is keeping tv honest. Because today, they can't pretend mccain is telling the truth. We can all go find the facts ourselves and spread the word via internet. fuck the corporate media.

I don't think you'll ever wise up though.
asshole
i said what i meant
you are the one that needs to wise up

the reason i can say the dems are worse, is because when a corrupt repub is exposed they generally dont get re-elected
not so with the dems

So are you saying that democratic politicians or democratic supporters are more corrupt? If your saying that the politicians are more corrupt, I just don't see how them getting re-elected makes them more corrupt. They obviously have some sort of redeeming quality that their constituency sees and believes in, which is not their fault. Maybe democrats are just more forgiving and understanding? Who knows, but I still don't think that makes them more corrupt. It could also be the nature of the corruption that they are involved in. We all know that Republicans consider themselves the moral majority so when their representatives are found out as being corrupt, I am sure they are not as forgiving. All of these are just possible reasons for the trend that you have mentioned (even though I disagree that the trend somehow makes Dems more correct then the Republicans).

So are you saying that democratic politicians or democratic supporters are more corrupt? If your saying that the politicians are more corrupt, I just don't see how them getting re-elected makes them more corrupt. They obviously have some sort of redeeming quality that their constituency sees and believes in, which is not their fault. Maybe democrats are just more forgiving and understanding? Who knows, but I still don't think that makes them more corrupt. It could also be the nature of the corruption that they are involved in. We all know that Republicans consider themselves the moral majority so when their representatives are found out as being corrupt, I am sure they are not as forgiving. All of these are just possible reasons for the trend that you have mentioned (even though I disagree that the trend somehow makes Dems more correct then the Republicans).
i didnt say that getting re-elected made them more corrupt
but that being corrupt didnt get them voted out of office by the same people that put them in
where as in the GOP, they tend to not get re-elected
there are very few "yellow dog" republicans

i'm wondering how this will affect my mortgage. will the government own my mortgage?

If you owe less than the property is worth...

If you are making your payments and there is little chance of foreclosure...

Probably not.

The republicans will let their rich buddies keep the good paper, and use our taxes to buy up all of the crap so their buddies books will look good.

It is disgusting.

If only we had a castle to storm with pitch-forks and axes...

-Joe

Last edited:
Rescue plan seeks $700B to buy bad mortgages - Yahoo! News

Not really sure what to make of this. What do you all think? $700 billion seems like an outrageous amount of money they we do not have, but it may be necessary. I just worry what kind of control this would give our government over private companies. From what I understand, there was nothing in the proposal that specified what the government would receive in return for the $700 billion.

Thoughts?

They will own that paper.

They will become the co-owners of millions of homes currently on the books of banks which are going belly up.

Do I think this a good idea?

Not expecially.

Do I see a better plan?

No, I don't.

Do you have a better plan?

You think bush and friends aren't smart enough to cover their asses? The devil is in the details of that 2003 bill.

Lets stop sugar coating things. The rich raped the mother fing treasury.

And they didn't cherry pick intelligence, they mother fucking lied us into war.

And if you don't think $20 mother fucking billion a month in iraq didn't have something to do with our economy, or the trillion in tax breaks given to the rich, then you are fucked in the head.

Libs got their wish. Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?

You people don't get it!

The is a failure of the US Government - mostly Democrats and Republicans to be sure, because of our 2-party exclusive system of elections, but all the participants for the last 50 years at least have led us to where we are today.

We will not be free from this mess until we change how we elect our government and change how it conducts business.

Stop looking to the left and the right for blame... go bitch-slap a lobbyist - or better yet, smack the corporate bastard holding his leash.

-Joe

the reason i can say the dems are worse, is because when a corrupt repub is exposed they generally dont get re-elected
not so with the dems

The problem isn't the illegal corruption, it is the corruption that is "business as usual".

All of the corrupt politicians get re-elected. The small percentage of really stupid ones that drift over to illegal are subject to the generalized truth above.

-Joe

Probably not.

The republicans will let their rich buddies keep the good paper, and use our taxes to buy up all of the crap so their buddies books will look good.

It is disgusting.

If only we had a castle to storm with pitch-forks and axes...

-Joe

Ya' got that right.

We forgave Clinton for getting a blowjob, Republicans forgave a lie that cost us 4000 plus American soldiers lives.

Does God send people to hell for being stupid? Do republican voters bare some responsibility for all the soldiers we have lost since figuring out this war is bullshit? Who should be the last one to die for this mistake?

I just can't befuckinglieve the GOP raped us for 6 years in Iraq and today we are also bailing out their banking buddies.

This is getting regoddamndiculous.

Probably not.
i owe $40,000 on a property that's dropped to a $120,000 value and have never been late on a payment.

You people don't get it!

The is a failure of the US Government - mostly Democrats and Republicans to be sure, because of our 2-party exclusive system of elections, but all the participants for the last 50 years at least have led us to where we are today.

We will not be free from this mess until we change how we elect our government and change how it conducts business.

Stop looking to the left and the right for blame... go bitch-slap a lobbyist - or better yet, smack the corporate bastard holding his leash.

-Joe

Spot on

You people don't get it!

-Joe

The republicans would love us to forget what they did from 2000-2006 and with a broad brush blame all of Washington. I've heard several of my repulbican friends say this. Is this the montra Rush told you all to follow? Fuck that. The Republicans fucked this all up. FACT. No revising history.

And a 3rd party isn't going to be any better or do anything differently. Neither will term limits. Let me quote George Carlin again. When you have a greedy selfish ignorant society, you get greedy ignorant politicians. They don't fall out of the sky. They come from American universities, families, churches, businesses, etc. Garbage in, garbage out.

And the Republicans are far worse at playing games/politics. When they start being intellectually honest, things will improve.

Or when they start doing what they say they will do. They didn't help families, small businesses, schools. They didn't keep us safe. They didn't end corruption in Washington. They just said they would and then all they did was help the richest people in our country.

How convienent you guys get to run bush and mccain even though neither of them are conservative. Why, because you are able to fool conservatives into thinking obama is liberal. I don't even know what conservative means anymore. Bush and mccain are deregulators, and that's conservative. Reagan spent a lot and so did both bushes.
they all said they were conservative.

I think conservative means don't spend money on america, give it to the top 10 percent and their agenda. trickle down.

Bush ran as a conservative. Oh, he meant a social conservative.

The dems are poised to steal the mantle of fiscally responsible party and religious people are waking up and realizing they are voting out of their tax brackets for a bunch of scum.

Each party has been corrupt in our american history, but then the parties clean house and move on. Evolve.

America, the democratic party is not corrupt. The new leadership really cares about americans. The gop is corrupt. Time to get rid of guys like boehner and mccain and palin can go be governor of alaska.

"America, the democratic party is not corrupt."

You shot your credibility out the window with that statement.

Hole in the head is why politics are what they are. How do you negotiate with his mentality? Libs got their wish? Really? So if the gop are never wrong, EVER, then why are we in this situation?

Holeinthehead is not being intellectually honest.

And I don't fault the politicians. Thy don't come from another planet. They come from American homes, schools, churches, families. They are the best we have to offer. When you have a greedy ignorant society, you get greedy and ignorant politicians. Garbage in, garbage out. So maybe it isn't the politicians that suck. Maybe its the people. How's that for a campaign slogan?
People suck!

Thanks George Carlin. I will never forget how right you were.
Who says I want to negotiate with you. I have no intention of moving one iota until the facts say otherwise.

You wanna take money from productive people and give it to people who can't manage their own affairs? Congrats, you got it. WTF do you thikn welfare is by definition?

Good news, then.

You know that if the appraiser did this recently he likely took a very conservative guesstimate on its market value.

Forum List

Back