700 Billion Bailout!! 20% to ACORN Your Kidding

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
MS. VIEIRA: What happened yesterday, Senator? At one point, by late afternoon, we were being told we were close to a deal on this bailout; by the evening, total chaos.

SEN. GRAHAM: Yeah. As I understand it, about 10:00 or 11:00 in the morning, I was in the House, meeting with House Republicans to talk about what we could do. You had three senators, I think, from the Republican side and several senators on the Democratic side meet by themselves, have a news conference -- "We've got an agreement."

I never heard about it until I went to the Republican lunch. And if you were in the lunch, it was clear that there was not a consensus about this agreement. There was never an agreement that had buy-in by the House and the Senate.

I appreciate their efforts. But 20 percent of the money that would be collected back to retire the debt we're going to incur would have went to housing programs, programs like ACORN that have been very fraudulent in nature. So nobody on the Republican side was going to sign up to that.

Lindsey Graham tells NBC's Meredith Vieira "I hope we'll have a debate." - Lynn Sweet

Whats ACORN you want to know well heres a little background.

WASHINGTON, Sept 25, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- James Terry, Chief Public Advocate for the Consumers Rights League, today testified at a joint House Administration and House Judiciary Committee oversight hearing on "Federal, State and Local Efforts to Prepare for the General 2008 Election," where he highlighted "corruption at every level of ACORN including embezzlement, cover-ups, misuse of taxpayer funds and voter fraud." An excerpt of his testimony follows:
James Terry, Chief Public Advocate, Consumers Rights League:
"ACORN routinely says it will clean up its act. Yet, given its decade-long history of voter fraud, embezzlement, and misuses of taxpayer funds, ACORN's pattern of fraud can no longer be dismissed as a series of 'unfortunate events.'

CRL Testimony on ACORN's Voter Fraud - MarketWatch

Before giving us a tour of Acorn's pro-Obama but somehow "non-partisan" election activities, Foulks treats us to a brief history of Obama's ties to Acorn. While most press accounts imply that Obama just happened to be at the sort of public-interest law firm that would take Acorn's "motor voter" case, Foulkes claims that Acorn specifically sought out Obama's representation in the motor voter case, remembering Obama from the days when he worked with Talbot. And while many reports speak of Obama's post-law school role organizing "Project VOTE" in 1992, Foulkes makes it clear that this project was undertaken in direct partnership with Acorn. Foulkes then stresses Obama's yearly service as a key figure in Acorn's leadership-training seminars.

American Thinker Blog: Obama's Ties To ACORN More Substantial than first believed

You wonder why the House Republicans don't want this 700 billion dollar mess to go though.

Hey!

Didn't you guys get the talking point memo! The dems and ACORN are supposed to be a thing of the past, old news, not relevant to the presidential campaign!

Get with it!

this is just more stupidity
the whole bailout is more kneejerk reaction from washington thinking they have to step in and save everything

Forum List

Back