70% of US intell budget spoent on private contractors

• Banned
On May 14, at an industry conference in Colorado sponsored by the Defense Intelligence Agency, the U.S. government revealed for the first time how much of its classified intelligence budget is spent on private contracts: a whopping 70 percent. Based on this year’s estimated budget of at least $48 billion, that would come to at least $34 billion in contracts. The figure was disclosed by Terri Everett, a senior procurement executive in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the agency established by Congress in 2004 to oversee the 16 agencies that make up the U.S. intelligence infrastructure. A copy of Everett's unclassified PowerPoint slide presentation, titled "Procuring the Future" and dated May 25, was obtained by Salon. (It has since become available on the DIA's Web site.) "We can't spy ... If we can't buy!" one of the slides proclaims, underscoring the enormous dependence of U.S. intelligence agencies on private sector contracts.

You people need to learn the differance between a source which is known for lies and one which has not had any problems in that area.

Yes solon is left but it has not been caught in lies like say Faux Noise.

On May 14, at an industry conference in Colorado sponsored by the Defense Intelligence Agency, the U.S. government revealed for the first time how much of its classified intelligence budget is spent on private contracts: a whopping 70 percent. Based on this year’s estimated budget of at least $48 billion, that would come to at least $34 billion in contracts. The figure was disclosed by Terri Everett, a senior procurement executive in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the agency established by Congress in 2004 to oversee the 16 agencies that make up the U.S. intelligence infrastructure. A copy of Everett's unclassified PowerPoint slide presentation, titled "Procuring the Future" and dated May 25, was obtained by Salon. (It has since become available on the DIA's Web site.) "We can't spy ... If we can't buy!" one of the slides proclaims, underscoring the enormous dependence of U.S. intelligence agencies on private sector contracts.

You people need to learn the differance between a source which is known for lies and one which has not had any problems in that area.

Sure thing. You wouldn't know a truth if it bit your head off and crapped donw your neck.

In your dreams, but most that quote Fox can link to it, why can't you do the same for yours? Oh and if it came before the post, well then it doesn't count. I know that Gunny went out of his way to give you lessons on correct posting.

• Banned
In your dreams, but most that quote Fox can link to it, why can't you do the same for yours? Oh and if it came before the post, well then it doesn't count. I know that Gunny went out of his way to give you lessons on correct posting.

I cant even understand what you are trying to say Kathy?

I cant even understand what you are trying to say Kathy?

You choose to post information in a way it's not verifiable. You don't bother with links, just whatever strikes your fancy. Then you call others out for being 'mean' to you. Wrong, you are just lame.

That quote was from the link I gave.

where have I talked about anyone being mean to me?

Are you having a bad day?

You routinely make claims without any "facts" to back them up. For example, you have repeatedly claimed Bush lied and have yet to prove the assertion at all. Now your claiming that we are a colonial power because " damn" we have permenant bases in foreign Countries.

Your name should be Liesareallthatmatters.

Forum List

Back