70% of Blacks Supported Same-Sex Marriage Ban in California

But it IS a civil rights matter. Regardless of what your stance is on it, the argument is whether or not gays are being denied a right.

How can it be seen any other way?

Using that Logic, NAMBLA is in a Civil Rights Struggle, Correct?...

:)

peace...

Interesting point.

I guess, in a way, yes. But certainly one that will never have legs. But yes, I can cewrtainly see those perverts saying their civil rights are being denied.

Not just those Perverts, but Tenured Liberal Professors in the US have Advocated for them...

Google it.

And as the Homosexual Agenda Inches it's way from High School into Middle School and down to Grade School, we will see that "Last Frontier" as one of those Pukes called it, Traveled upon by More and More of the Mainstream "Left".

peace...

peace...

peace...

Interesting point.

I guess, in a way, yes. But certainly one that will never have legs. But yes, I can cewrtainly see those perverts saying their civil rights are being denied.

Not just those Perverts, but Tenured Liberal Professors in the US have Advocated for them...

Google it.

And as the Homosexual Agenda Inches it's way from High School into Middle School and down to Grade School, we will see that "Last Frontier" as one of those Pukes called it, Traveled upon by More and More of the Mainstream "Left".

peace...

peace...

I am quite careful to NEVER google anything about homosexuality. I have a wife and kids and I dont need any of them wondering what I am looking at.

Although I dont mind looking up things like girl on girl, but I digress.

70% of African Americans backed Prop. 8, exit poll finds | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

I would Love to hear from those who Support Same-Sex Marriage, and who Try to Use the Honest Civil Rights Struggle of Blacks to Mule their Homosexual Agenda, on how Blacks Apparently Feel about Homosexuals Marrying.

As a Block, Blacks were for this More than Christians...

Think about it.

peace...

The black americans fall in line with the rest of the population in california which is about 70% opposed to it too.

As far as using the civil rights struggle to promote gay marriage that is typicall of the progressive/liberal mindset. They used civil rights struggle to defend the health care bill, if you disagree with them you are a segregationist/racist/redneck/hater/violent/nazi.

Typical shameless behavior to forward the progressive agenda.

Actually, you and your ilk are the shameful ones. claim high morals but want to deny others basic freedoms heterosexuals get and to marry the person they love with the same legal rights that heterosexuals get. When in fact homosexuals marrying has no effect on your life or your freedoms. You are still free to be an ignorant close minded fool all you want, just can't force that on others.

and nobody is forcing you to accept them, you can still have your feelings, but in this country you can't deny them rights.

70% of African Americans backed Prop. 8, exit poll finds | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

I would Love to hear from those who Support Same-Sex Marriage, and who Try to Use the Honest Civil Rights Struggle of Blacks to Mule their Homosexual Agenda, on how Blacks Apparently Feel about Homosexuals Marrying.

Think about it.

peace...

The black americans fall in line with the rest of the population in california which is about 70% opposed to it too.

As far as using the civil rights struggle to promote gay marriage that is typicall of the progressive/liberal mindset. They used civil rights struggle to defend the health care bill.
If you disagree with them you are a segregationist/racist/redneck/hater/violent/nazi.

Now I'm genuinely curious. Who was ever called a segregationist because they opposed the healthcare bill, and how did that argument go exactly?

Re-read what I wrote. "If you (anyone) disagree with them (progressives) you are a segregationist/racist/redneck/hater/violent/nazi" This is in relation to many different topics which is why I included so many of the descriptors progressives will use to try and win a debate in which their side is intellectually bankrupt.

Maybe it was my punctuation of a comma instead of a period that confused you (which i fixed above).

Last edited:

Think about it.

peace...

Those blacks in California are Christians who voted "In Defense of Marriage!" :lol:

Clearly being black is different than being gay, BUT gay marriage is a civil rights issue in the same way racial segregation was a civil rights issue in the sense that both relate back to what the 14th Amendment says about equality under the law for all citizens.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Since state marriage laws have become the gateway to certain legal privileges and immunities, discriminating against citizens who want to commit their lives to a same sex partner is unconstitutional.

Religious people were able to petition the states to define "Marriage" as one man one woman [DOMA], but they can not petition the state to exclude same sex partners from equal treatment under the law, so it is only a matter of time before the legal constitutional process corrects this inequality properly.

Think about it.

peace...

I'm wondering why you raise this issue now? a bit late and played out, yes, hon?

as for blacks being for this more than christians... ummm... blacks ARE christians. in fact, if the repubs would stop taking political positions that oppose social justice and stop their southern strategy, it's entirely likely that on socially conservative issues, they'd have great support from the black community.

as for this issue, it was not presented to them properly as a civil rights' issue. it should have been.

ultimately, though... constitutionality doesn't depend on popular vote.

Gay marriage IS a civil rights struggle. Whatever else it might be, no matter which side is right or which is wrong or which side wins and which side loses,

it is in fact a civil rights struggle.

Because you say it is, it's Fact?... :lol:

Delusions of Grandeur?
icon14.gif

peace...

But it IS a civil rights matter. Regardless of what your stance is on it, the argument is whether or not gays are being denied a right.

I dont believe marriage is a right, especially not a right granted by the government or constitution.

Show me where it says in the constitution that a man has a right to marry a woman. If you can show me that then I will agree with you that gay marriage is a right based on the same premise as the civil rights struggle "all men are created equal".

Ok?

This goes for you too NYcari. I'm willing to accept your positions if you can show me where marriage is a guaranteed right in the constitution (not gay marriage just marriage in general).

Delusions of Grandeur?
icon14.gif

peace...

I dont believe marriage is a right, especially not a right granted by the government or constitution.

Show me where it says in the constitution that a man has a right to marry a woman. If you can show me that then I will agree with you that gay marriage is a right based on the same premise as the civil rights struggle "all men are created equal".

Ok?

This goes for you too NYcari. I'm willing to accept your positions if you can show me where marriage is a guaranteed right in the constitution (not gay marriage just marriage in general).

I accept your point.

SO I must ask. What is marriage if it is not a right?

Think about it.

peace...

As far as using the civil rights struggle to promote gay marriage that is typicall of the progressive/liberal mindset. They used civil rights struggle to defend the health care bill, if you disagree with them you are a segregationist/racist/redneck/hater/violent/nazi.

Actually, you and your ilk are the shameful ones. claim high morals but want to deny others basic freedoms heterosexuals get and to marry the person they love with the same legal rights that heterosexuals get. When in fact homosexuals marrying has no effect on your life or your freedoms. You are still free to be an ignorant close minded fool all you want, just can't force that on others.

and nobody is forcing you to accept them, you can still have your feelings, but in this country you can't deny them rights.

Project much? I'm not against gay couples getting married, show me where I said that ANYWHERE on this forum or any other forum (i use the same screenname everywhere).

I was against forcing churches to marry them, that was it. I was in favor of my states gay marriage laws.

Look before you leap or you may just fall flat on your face :eusa_hand:

Project much? I'm not against gay couples getting married, show me where I said that ANYWHERE on this forum or any other forum (i use the same screenname everywhere).

I was against forcing churches to marry them, that was it. I was in favor of my states gay marriage laws.

I am personally not for the gay lifestyle but I would never deny them the right to get married.

It is their life. Let them do as they please. Let em do as the romans do. No pun intended.
Yes it was.

Ok?

I accept your point.

SO I must ask. What is marriage if it is not a right?

Marriage liscenses, just like drivers liscenses, are a priveledge granted to individuals by the states they reside in.

I'm 100% for gay couples being able to live together with the same rights as hetro married couples....wheter it be a marriage or a civil union. To me its a state issue and if california votes against it then the gay californians should move to my state or another state where its legal.

This is the very reason the USA is a constitutional republic. If you dont like the law you can vote with your feet and move to another state. (Unless its healthcare as the administration and congress just took that right away from us with the bill).

Churches were never in danger of being forced to marry gays...That is a myth.

Delusions of Grandeur?
icon14.gif

peace...

Ok?

how can you say marriage is not a right when the supreme court has repeatedly said that marriage is a FUNDAMENTAL right?

there are over 1,000 rights and obligations conferred BY THE STATE upon someone's marriage. there is no right to marry outside of what is conferred by government because even religious ceremonies acknowledge that someone is pronounced marriaed 'by the powers vested... by the state of... ".

the first amendment would always preclude forcing any church, synagogue, mosque or any religion or religious institution to marry someone they don't choose to marry.

they are not forcing the churches to marry them. Many heterosexuals don't get married in a church,and the only marriage legally recognized is from the state, not the churches. It's just the typical dishonest bullshit argument that a person uses in an attempt to not look like a bigot and bring up churches or the sanctity of marriage bullshit, or better yet, a use of a word

Last edited:

Delusions of Grandeur?
icon14.gif

peace...

peace...

It's an effort to lower the age of consent so that right to have consensual sex is expanded.

Think about it.

peace...

the 70% tended to be christians who happened to also be black .... being gay and black is not a good thing in their culture....

Gay marriage IS a civil rights struggle. Whatever else it might be, no matter which side is right or which is wrong or which side wins and which side loses,

it is in fact a civil rights struggle.

Delusions of Grandeur?
icon14.gif

peace...

By simple definition if you're trying to get something civilly protected as a right, it's a civil rights struggle.

Forum List

Back