70% of Arizonians Support the Bill

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
AZ residents overwhelming want the bill. Interesting indeed.

70% of Arizona Voters Favor New State Measure Cracking Down On Illegal Immigration - Rasmussen Reports
The Arizona legislature has now passed the toughest measure against illegal immigration in the country, authorizing local police to stop and check the immigration status of anyone they suspect of being in the country illegally.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey finds that 70% of likely voters in Arizona approve of the legislation, while just 23% oppose it.

Opponents of the measure, including major national Hispanic groups, say it will lead to racial profiling, and 53% of voters in the state are concerned that efforts to identify and deport illegal immigrants also will end up violating the civil rights of some U.S. citizens. Forty-six percent (46%) don’t share that concern

Those figures include 23% who are very concerned and 18% who are not at all concerned.

Civil rights concerns were a bit higher last year. following a series of aggressive enforcement actions by the Maricopa County Sherriff.

Eighty-three percent (83%) of Arizona voters say a candidate's position on immigration is an important factor in how they will vote, including 51% who say it’s very important.

It's more than that, I heard around 78%. The people have spoken. Thanks for your opinion, but the people have spoken. Good luck dealing with our laws for a change DC.

Arizona is #2 world wide in kidnappings, second only to MEXICO CITY.

They also lead the way in some other wonderful crimes.

The people who live there know why, and they're sick of it.

Arizona is #2 world wide in kidnappings, second only to MEXICO CITY.

They also lead the way in some other wonderful crimes.

The people who live there know why, and they're sick of it.

When I went to school in Tucson I had two bikes and a cromite lock. Both were stolen right off of campus. Everyone I knew had a similar story. If you had a nice car, you better have a garage. Good thing I drove a beater back then. If you had a nice system, don't get to attached to it, because it would be gone.

True story: When I lived in my frat house, I went downstairs at 4:00 in the mourning to raid the frat's beer stash (We had a locked fridge, I learned to unscrew the hinges and open the fridge the old fashion way:eusa_angel:). I grabbed two cases and left the kitchen to head upstairs and there was this wetback with a dolly trying to steal our big screen TV. I yell,"What the fuck are you doing!" The Wetback ran. I tackled him and this wetback was fighting for his life. I had to hold him on the ground until the cops came. The guy didn't speak a lick of English. Cero! We pressed charges. It was the 8th time he had been arrested similar crimes and YEP he was an illegal.

Not sure if this legislation is the answer, but the sure as hell needed to do something.

So?

What percent supported invading Iraq? They were wrong.

What percent of Germans supported sewing stars on the Jews? They were wrong.

:eusa_hand:

So?

I guess you don't care about numbers, because the majority of Americans opposed Obamacare, but it still got passed. At least here a bill got the support of the people.

Funny how the lefties try to tie anything they don't agree with to Nazi policies.

So?

I guess you don't care about numbers, because the majority of Americans opposed Obamacare, but it still got passed. At least here a bill got the support of the people.

Funny how the lefties try to tie anything they don't agree with to Nazi policies.

when the dems were fucking over america with their stupid backroom hcr bill the "simple majority" was just fine wasn't it?

THINGS THAT WOULD REALLY HAVE AN IMPACT ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION:

"GHOOk" AND WILLOW TREE (MEANING THE AVERAGE AMERICAN CITIZEN NOT THE POSTERS) MARCHING ON DC READY TO DO "WHATEVER IT TAKES" TO MAKE THE AMERICAN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ENFORCE AMERICA'S LAWS INCLUDING THE GIANT STREET FIGHTS THAT MARKED THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE VIETNAM WAR.

THINGS THAT WON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION:

STATE LAWS THAT WILL CERTAINLY BE CHALLENGED ON CONSTITUTIONAL GROUNDS.

LAWS THAT WILL NEVER BE FULLY ENFORCED AND EVEN IF THEY ARE WON'T HAVE THE DESIRED EFFECT ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Last edited:
AZ residents overwhelming want the bill. Interesting indeed.

not really... if it were put to a vote in some places, 70 percent of residents (at least) would overwhelmingly vote for jim crow laws.

that's why we have courts.

No saying this is a good bill, in fact the more I read the more I am starting to think its not that great.

However, its FAR from being Jim Crow or anything the Nazis did.

So, let me get this straight:

We have an immigration problem. Fact

We have laws to stop illegal immigration. Fact

These laws are selectively being ignored by government for decades. Fact.

The current immigration laws are not working, or given an opportunity to succeed. Fact.

Arizona implements new laws to help enforce existing immigration laws, a change. Fact

So why are people crying again?

So, let me get this straight:

We have an immigration problem. Fact

We have laws to stop illegal immigration. Fact

These laws are selectively being ignored by government for decades. Fact.

The current immigration laws are not working, or given an opportunity to succeed. Fact.

Arizona implements new laws to help enforce existing immigration laws, a change. Fact

So why are people crying again?

because they are anti American azztards.

Can't I just bitch and scream from the safety of my cubical! :lol:

José;2252589 said:
THINGS THAT WOULD REALLY HAVE AN IMPACT ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION:

"GHOOk" AND WILLOW TREE (MEANING THE AVERAGE AMERICAN CITIZEN NOT THE POSTERS) MARCHING ON DC READY TO DO "WHATEVER IT TAKES" TO MAKE THE AMERICAN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ENFORCE AMERICA'S LAWS INCLUDING THE GIANT STREET FIGHTS THAT MARKED THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE VIETNAM WAR.

THINGS THAT WON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION:

STATE LAWS THAT WILL CERTAINLY BE CHALLENGED ON CONSTITUTIONAL GROUNDS.

LAWS THAT WILL NEVER BE FULLY ENFORCED AND EVEN IF THEY ARE WON'T HAVE THE DESIRED EFFECT ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Forum List

Back