70% Favor Voter ID Laws.

You people against needing ID's could start a business, a service for those able bodied who are too lazy to get an ID you can drag them out and hall them in the DMV

You people against needing ID's could start a business, a service for those able bodied who are too lazy to get an ID you can drag them out and hall them in the DMV

A signature has worked for 200 years. ID is just an attempt by Republicans to install barriers to voting

Sorry......looks like your ID expired....no vote for you
Sorry......but the ID station has been moved to ten miles outside of town so it will be convenient for drivers
Sorry Ma'am ....but your birth certificate is in your maiden name.....no vote for you
Sorry kid but we don't accept student ID...no vote for you

Last edited:
Those cases are so bogus. Every voter I'd law I know of allows free ids for ANYONE who wants to apply for one. The example of people in Philly who do not have drivers licenses is apt where out of 28000 people in one district who voted not one vote was cast for Romney, a statistical impossibility.

Liberals apparently think they just give out drivers licenses to anyone who is white for free and without any questions. After having a fla drivers license for forty years I recently had to reapply. I had to produce four forms of id including social security card(which I did not have), something like a power bill to show I lived at my address,etc. it was a huge pain in the ass. For libtards, any effort their voters have to put out to qualify to vote is too much effort because their voters deserve special treatment only because they are their voters. Every voter no matter what their station in life is responsible for doing their due diligence to participate on our democracy.

What makes you think anyone in Philly wants to vote for Romney. That district had four registered Republicans....why are you surprised nobody voted for Romney?

70% Favor Voter ID Laws. Yup, and I have no trouble with hassle free voter ID. What I have a problem with is the 70% of the 70% that try to make voter ID so hard deliberately so that many voters will be disenfranchised.

About 95% of the population will have no problem producing a valid ID. It is the remaining 5% of the population that Republicans want to block

You can win elections that way

Those cases are so bogus. Every voter I'd law I know of allows free ids for ANYONE who wants to apply for one. The example of people in Philly who do not have drivers licenses is apt where out of 28000 people in one district who voted not one vote was cast for Romney, a statistical impossibility.

Liberals apparently think they just give out drivers licenses to anyone who is white for free and without any questions. After having a fla drivers license for forty years I recently had to reapply. I had to produce four forms of id including social security card(which I did not have), something like a power bill to show I lived at my address,etc. it was a huge pain in the ass. For libtards, any effort their voters have to put out to qualify to vote is too much effort because their voters deserve special treatment only because they are their voters. Every voter no matter what their station in life is responsible for doing their due diligence to participate on our democracy.

What makes you think anyone in Philly wants to vote for Romney. That district had four registered Republicans....why are you surprised nobody voted for Romney?

they had no votes for repubs when baby bush ran, too.

but the wingers don't like reality.

The Black population should be absolutely offended (and perhaps they are) about the democrat plantation mentality that assumes Black people are incapable of furnishing a photo I.D. when they vote.

The Black population should be absolutely offended (and perhaps they are) about the democrat plantation mentality that assumes Black people are incapable of furnishing a photo I.D. when they vote.

You are the first to mention blacks. Does that mean you are racist?

You are absolutely right...I am black and I think it is outrageous what liberals think of their black constituents.

Funny thing is...I don't think I have ever heard any person (of any color) complain about the potential of not being able to vote due to not having an ID...

Why...if one doesn't have a valid ID...they are not voting, they simply don't care about the political process. If someone doesn't care enough about themselves to be a part of society - then their concern about politics is nil. Libs simply want to be able to offer food, alcohol, money and a ride to the polls in return for a vote. The are molesting democracy and perverting the political process.

I do believe, however, that conservatives would do the same if they could get away with it.

70% Favor Voter ID Laws.
One of the many reasons why we’re a Constitutional Republic and not a democracy; where citizens are subject solely to the rule of law, not men; as men are incapable of ruling justly – advocacy of ‘voter ID’ law is proof of that:

Judge Bernard McGinley of the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court on Friday struck down the state's nearly two-year-old voter identification law, considered one of the most strict in the nation. In his opinion, MicGinley wrote that the state had failed to adequately explain why the law was a necessary measure: "Voting laws are designed to assure a free and fair election; the Voter ID Law does not further this goal." The law was determined to place an unreasonable burden on the fundamental right to vote.

JURIST - Pennsylvania judge strikes down voter ID law

70% Favor Voter ID Laws.
One of the many reasons why we’re a Constitutional Republic and not a democracy; where citizens are subject solely to the rule of law, not men; as men are incapable of ruling justly – advocacy of ‘voter ID’ law is proof of that:

Judge Bernard McGinley of the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court on Friday struck down the state's nearly two-year-old voter identification law, considered one of the most strict in the nation. In his opinion, MicGinley wrote that the state had failed to adequately explain why the law was a necessary measure: "Voting laws are designed to assure a free and fair election; the Voter ID Law does not further this goal." The law was determined to place an unreasonable burden on the fundamental right to vote.

JURIST - Pennsylvania judge strikes down voter ID law

I think that is the core difference between a conservative and a liberal. Liberals don't trust man and put their faith in law (government) while conservatives put their faith and man and don't trust law (government).

well I don't know where you live, but where I live it's $5 or $10
and they have to wait in lines for everything they do in life they'll get over it or don't vote
voting isn't a RIGHT it's a privilege and if they want a say in their government they'll get an ID
and for disabled or senor's they can request a ballot by mail

Actually no, voting is a right for all citizens of age and who are not convicted felons.

Sometimes it's difficult to visit the DMV during operating hours when you have no vehicle and are working two jobs to make ends meet.

Last edited:
and they have to wait in lines for everything they do in life they'll get over it or don't vote
voting isn't a RIGHT it's a privilege and if they want a say in their government they'll get an ID

Actually no, voting is a right for all citizens of age and who are not convicted felons.

Sometimes it's difficult to visit the DMV during operating hours when you have no vehicle and are working two jobs to make ends meet.

Wrong. There are citizenship and age requirements as well. How hard is it to get an ID? It's not. Opposition to this by the left is so illegals can vote for Democrats.

Illegals is a strawman that covers up all of the other vote frauds conducted by the Ds. Don't fall for D propaganda.

true Americans trust the Rule of Law

the far reactionary right does not because they can no longer govern by the Rule of Man

If people can't get THEMSELVES an Id then they don't want to vote very bad

that IS on THEM, not THE REST of us to bend over for them

That's not what the US Constitution says.

15th amendment:

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.
Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Any act by a state that deliberately abridges that right is unconstitutional.

There are 90 year olds who served in WWII and voted since then who never got a birth certificate. Many of them don't drive any more anyway.

Why do Republicans hate the elderly so much?

BTW, I am FOR voter ID, but only if done the right way. But not necessarily the Right-Wing way. There is a difference.

Last edited:
If people can't get THEMSELVES an Id then they don't want to vote very bad

that IS on THEM, not THE REST of us to bend over for them

Obtaining an ID costs $50 in addition to waiting hours in line at the DMV during normal operating hours. $50 is two weeks worth of groceries for me. The unalienable right to vote shouldn't require this amount of sacrifice when someone is already eligible. These laws are just a lazy attempt at disenfranchising the worst off and most vulnerable in our society.

Voting is a right and the parameters for voting are clearly enumerated in the US Constitution. It is very clearly listed as a right in the 15th amendment.

Why do Righties like you hate the US Constitution?

70% Favor Voter ID Laws.
It only makes sense. Most of the civilized world requires some form of voter ID when voting. Europe is a good example.

Yes, but European nations have a national id system, which the USA does not have.

In Germany, every citizen, and I mean, every citizen, applies for and receives a passport. The first card within the passport - the identity card - is duplicated by the passport agency and that card, which is absolutely identical to the passport card, is that person's identification card (Ausweis). The "Ausweis" is cost-free. No having to jump through 30 different hoops, depending on a particular state's regulations, in order to be able to vote.

So, what you say about Europe is essentially true. But the method is not the one that the US Right wants. Because the US Right wants voter suppresion, plain and simple.

Forum List

Back