70% Favor Voter ID Laws.

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Okay, before I go further, I KNOW it's a Fox News Poll. But, check out the actual question:The actual poll is @ New Collection on US Intervention in Siberia, 1919?1920 | Hoover Institution

The actual phrasing of the question was pretty straight forward and not hedged to favor one side or the other: “Supporters of these laws say they are necessary to stop ineligible people from voting illegally. Opponents say these laws are unnecessary and mostly discourage legal voters from voting. What do you think?”

Anyhow, here the link to Hot Air with further links to back up the claims @ Shocker: seven in ten favor voter ID laws « Hot Air

Okay, this one is not a Fox News poll.
Actually, yes it is. It's the exact same Fox News poll referenced early in this same thread. From your link: "...a new Fox News telephone survey found that registered voters favor such laws by an overwhelming margin."

How ab out you scumbag Democrats practicing what you preach, yeld to the will of the majority, after all, that's Democracy!
The majority of whom? Oh right:
BOOM: Over 70% of America Wants Voter ID Laws
You claim, through the article you linked to, that over 70% of this country wants to see voter ID laws enacted. However, your link specifies exactly how many people were actually polled, establishing the number at "1,025 registered voters".

The U.S. population, in case you hadn't heard, is well over 300 million--slightly larger than 1,025. Most Americans, myself included, are opposed to the racist voter suppression attempts by the Republican Party, and are thus against voter ID laws.

only a left-wing loser opposes ID

the left wants to give amnesty, drivers licenses, etc to people they dont have the gall to ask if they are legally here

idiots and hypocrites

the left wants to give amnesty, drivers licenses, etc to people they dont have the gall to ask if they are legally here

idiots and hypocrites

The left wants to give amnesty to humyn beings (because no humyn being is illegal) and driver's licenses to people that can drive, regardless of immigration status. We don't ask people if they're here legally because that would be offensive, racist, and a waste of time, since statistically, the overwhelming majority of Americans are here legally. There is nothing idiotic or hypocritical about this.

Liberals have no issues with people needing to identify themselves when they vote. Just as we have no issues with people identifying themselves when they register to vote.

What makes you think liberals don't want people to identify themselves when it comes to voting?

The illegal aliens are not the problem with voting irregularities but rather rampant machine politics fraud. Every presidential election has seen Democratic party fraud going back to the 1860s in both NYC and Chicago with one or more districts reporting more Democratic votes than voters in the district. (It usually takes a while for this to be proven. There is an unbounded number of cases regularly reported with the usual prosecutorial discretion being exercised reported 3-9 months after the election in the National Review.)

The good news is that the D party machines are running out of money.

Okay, before I go further, I KNOW it's a Fox News Poll. But, check out the actual question:The actual poll is @ New Collection on US Intervention in Siberia, 1919?1920 | Hoover Institution

The actual phrasing of the question was pretty straight forward and not hedged to favor one side or the other: “Supporters of these laws say they are necessary to stop ineligible people from voting illegally. Opponents say these laws are unnecessary and mostly discourage legal voters from voting. What do you think?”

Anyhow, here the link to Hot Air with further links to back up the claims @ Shocker: seven in ten favor voter ID laws « Hot Air

Read this r e a l s l o w.

Nobody is against voter ID laws. What we are against is voter ID laws that indiscriminately discriminate against the poor, elderly, and infirm

We are against restrictive fees for Voter IDs.

We are for alternate forms of Voter ID verification when birth certificates are not available. We are for free Voter IDs. We are for reasonable accomodations for voters.

To go one step further in order to placate the Voter ID fanatics, I've even suggested a national ID, to be used by everyone. Free. Like, say a social security card with your picture on it. Uniform. Used in every state.

idiots and hypocrites

Was Reagan a left wing loser? Seems like he opposed Voter ID for the same reasons I stated above.

The conservative case against voter ID laws - CSMonitor.com

The irony is that the best case against the new voter ID photo laws can be traced back to the thinking of two of the most revered Republicans in recent history, President Ronald Reagan and Chief Justice Warren Burger, a Richard Nixon appointee to the Supreme Court.

Those cases are so bogus. Every voter I'd law I know of allows free ids for ANYONE who wants to apply for one. The example of people in Philly who do not have drivers licenses is apt where out of 28000 people in one district who voted not one vote was cast for Romney, a statistical impossibility.

Liberals apparently think they just give out drivers licenses to anyone who is white for free and without any questions. After having a fla drivers license for forty years I recently had to reapply. I had to produce four forms of id including social security card(which I did not have), something like a power bill to show I lived at my address,etc. it was a huge pain in the ass. For libtards, any effort their voters have to put out to qualify to vote is too much effort because their voters deserve special treatment only because they are their voters. Every voter no matter what their station in life is responsible for doing their due diligence to participate on our democracy.

If everyone receiving any federal or state monetary handouts was required to have a free ID in order to do so, we wouldn't hear a peep about how hard, discriminating, or anyting else it was to obtain it. Because it would be get the card or don't get "paid."

I favor voter ID by using a verified signature

Been working for 200 years

idiots and hypocrites

I oppose the disenfranchisement of eligible voters when there is no evidence of a problem with voter fraud to begin with.

If people can't get THEMSELVES an Id then they don't want to vote very bad

that IS on THEM, not THE REST of us to bend over for them

idiots and hypocrites

I oppose the disenfranchisement of eligible voters when there is no evidence of a problem with voter fraud to begin with.

If people are showing up at the polls and forging someone elses name, where is the evidence?

There would be thousands of people screaming that they had showed up to vote and someone had already voted in their name

Yet we have no evidence of it happening

Obtaining an ID costs $50 in addition to waiting hours in line at the DMV during normal operating hours. $50 is two weeks worth of groceries for me. The unalienable right to vote shouldn't require this amount of sacrifice when someone is already eligible. These laws are just a lazy attempt at disenfranchising the worst off and most vulnerable in our society.

Obtaining an ID costs $50 in addition to waiting hours in line at the DMV during normal operating hours. $50 is two weeks worth of groceries for me. The unalienable right to vote shouldn't require this amount of sacrifice when someone is already eligible. These laws are just a lazy attempt at disenfranchising the worst off and most vulnerable in our society.

well I don't know where you live, but where I live it's $5 or $10
and they have to wait in lines for everything they do in life they'll get over it or don't vote
voting isn't a RIGHT it's a privilege and if they want a say in their government they'll get an ID
and for disabled or senor's they can request a ballot by mail

Last edited:

Forum List

Back