AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Liberal Thought #7

Progressive / Democrat goody two-shoes spending programs on a federal level that prop people up, including Medicaid, need to end.

If the American Marketplace sees its children selling Chiclets Gum on the streets to pay for a baby brothers operation and does nothing, so be it.

Progressive / Democrat goody two-shoes spending programs on a federal level that prop people up, including Medicaid, need to end.

If the American Marketplace sees its children selling Chiclets Gum on the streets to pay for a baby brothers operation and does nothing, so be it.

I've actually seen that, turdblossum. Are we to return to that kind of backwards thinking?

Psychoblues

Yes! In this greatest of all nations.......greatest of all 1st World nations......we ought to judge the suffering of our poor as though we are a 3rd world nation. Brilliant!

Are you saying:

1) Progressives/Democrats want Medicaid-type programs to end?

2) Progressives/Democrats think conservatives want Medicaid-type programs to end?

3) Medicaid-type programs should end?

Anyway, I'm a liberal and I don't want medicaid to end. Medicaid is jointly funded by state and federal governments and administered by the states, so it's somewhat misleading to refer to it as "federal level".

Are you saying:

2) Progressives/Democrats think conservatives want Medicaid-type programs to end?

Anyway, I'm a liberal and I don't want medicaid to end. Medicaid is jointly funded by state and federal governments and administered by the states, so it's somewhat misleading to refer to it as "federal level".

Plus the fact that we pay into it our entire working lives.

I've actually seen that, turdblossum. Are we to return to that kind of backwards thinking?

Psychoblues

Only as a forward looking project response to a focus on education opportunities, fair and simple taxes and a budget that is balanced by law.

Getting our kids on a road that leads to the stars is NOT rocket science!

Probably one of the best movie lines ever.........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6MFN8yiVc0]A Christmas Carol -- Ignorance & Want - YouTube[/ame]

Are you saying:

I'm saying that liberal thinking demands responsibility. Responsibility for self and responsibility for community.

Federal medicaid doesn't work. The job of the federal government is to help the states to buy in bulk and to educate. It's time the states were free to take care of their own or not and its also time the states had the freedom to compete for industry or not, while insuring industrial responsibility.

Are you saying:

Plus the fact that we pay into it our entire working lives.

Don't confuse Medicaid with Medicare. Medicaid is payment out of the federal and state general budgets to providers of health care products and services for people who can't afford those products and services, based on conflicting state and federal rule books thousands of pages long.

Medicare is underfunded health insurance for folks too old to be profitably insured by the private sector, paid for in part by a dedicated tax on most incomes.

Forum List

Back