7 weeks until the beginning of the college football season!

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
Another season of my favorite sport!

I see Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State making the playoffs (if OSU can avoid another meltdown). Any predictions for the 4th team? Anyone else see a different set of playoff teams?

I see Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State making the playoffs (if OSU can avoid another meltdown). Any predictions for the 4th team? Anyone else see a different set of playoff teams?
Bama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma

Bama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma

That works. Oddly, that is the 4 teams that have been in the playoffs more than once.

4 teams selected each of the 4 years the playoffs have existed. Those 4 teams account for 11 of the 16 spots over 4 years.

Bama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma

That works. Oddly, that is the 4 teams that have been in the playoffs more than once.

4 teams selected each of the 4 years the playoffs have existed. Those 4 teams account for 11 of the 16 spots over 4 years.
When I look at oklahomas schedule I do not see many stumblling blocks. Only TCU and maybe west va. I think Oklahoma takes care of both and possible undefeated goiong into the post season.. TCU is the main threat to Oklahoma and hey have to play the Buckeyes and Oklahoma nealy back to back. Ohio State has a tougher road with possible stumbling blocks with TCU,Penn State,Michigan and Michigan State. I beleive that Oklahoma benfits from TCU having to take on the Buckeyes. TCU will still be feeling that game two weeks later. I am acutually more sure about the Oklahoa pick than the Buckeye pick as I am still worried about the OSU pass defense

Here are my picks:

Duke
Troy
Louisiana State University Mud Dogs (mama say this is the winna)
Timbuktoo

Just kidding.

It will be:

Bama
who cares
who cares
who cares

Here are my picks:

Duke
Troy
Timbuktoo

Just kidding.

It will be:

Bama
who cares
who cares
who cares

Rematch number three Clemson over Bama ...

Here are my picks:

Duke
Troy
Timbuktoo

Just kidding.

It will be:

Bama
who cares
who cares
who cares

Rematch number three Clemson over Bama ...

It will be one helluva game. Alabama will have a ton of offensive weapons. And Clemson will have a D line full of first round draft picks.

Ok, time to revise the predictions. Even if Urban Meyer survives this, it will be enough of a distraction to prevent them making the playoffs.

Washington?
Wisconsin?
Georgia? (if their only loss is to Bama in the SEC Championship it is possible)

The AP Poll was released. Of course, it is preseason.

#1 - Alabama
#2 - Clemson
#3 - Georgia
#4 - Wisconsin
#5 - Ohio State
#6 - Washington
#7 - Oklahoma
#8 - Miami
#9 - auburn
#10 - Penn State

One significant change will occur after the 1st game. Opening day has #6 v. #9. One will drop out of the top 10.

Forum List

Back