7 tools for fixing Windows problems

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
MicrosoftLogoStair.jpg

I’m not much of a computer techie so I have to rely on pieces like this. Kim Komando has always been a reliable source of computer info. It’s clearly worth your time to check this out and see if something on the list will help your computer.

Months go by, and Windows works. Then, out of nowhere, your computer slows down. Files don’t open right away. Programs freeze or shut down. Your system probably needs some TLC, but what should you do?

You struggle to pinpoint the exact problem when Windows gets fidgety. It could be internet issues or unknown malware, or – it happens too often – an irrelevant program is performing complex background tasks.

The 7 items are:

1. Process Explorer

2. Wi-Fi Analyzer

3. Angry IP Scanner

4. WinDirStat

5. Sysinternals Suite

6. Malwarebytes

7. Debug Diagnostics Tool

All the explanation are @ 7 tools for fixing Windows problems

MicrosoftLogoStair.jpg

I’m not much of a computer techie so I have to rely on pieces like this. Kim Komando has always been a reliable source of computer info. It’s clearly worth your time to check this out and see if something on the list will help your computer.

Months go by, and Windows works. Then, out of nowhere, your computer slows down. Files don’t open right away. Programs freeze or shut down. Your system probably needs some TLC, but what should you do?

You struggle to pinpoint the exact problem when Windows gets fidgety. It could be internet issues or unknown malware, or – it happens too often – an irrelevant program is performing complex background tasks.

The 7 items are:

1. Process Explorer

2. Wi-Fi Analyzer

3. Angry IP Scanner

4. WinDirStat

5. Sysinternals Suite

6. Malwarebytes

The article overlooked an 8th and best tool for fixing Windows problems!

Chuck the PC and buy a Mac. :(

I run Glary Utilities to keep smooth. When I want to splurge I might take on Avast Premium, which does much of the same stuff, maybe more intensively. Both help a lot.

The 7 items are:

1. Process Explorer

2. Wi-Fi Analyzer

3. Angry IP Scanner

4. WinDirStat

5. Sysinternals Suite

6. Malwarebytes

This will explain a lot of it better and why you don't really need most of that.

7 Things that Suck About Windows 10 - Make Tech Easier

And when you start having recurring problems with your Start Menu......

Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Search Not Working - Make Tech Easier

MicrosoftLogoStair.jpg

The 7 items are:

1. Process Explorer

2. Wi-Fi Analyzer

3. Angry IP Scanner

4. WinDirStat

5. Sysinternals Suite

6. Malwarebytes

Pfft!! Macs are over priced and over rated.

MicrosoftLogoStair.jpg

The 7 items are:

1. Process Explorer

2. Wi-Fi Analyzer

3. Angry IP Scanner

4. WinDirStat

5. Sysinternals Suite

6. Malwarebytes

Then Load MX Linux on the MAC

Second Boot LMDE #2. It's faster than the Ubuntu style
It's all based on what people prefer, I run Kubuntu on one of my desktops and Ubuntu on my laptops. I prefer the Ubuntu interface over the Mint interface.

I'm a minimalist: Lubuntu. (LXDE)

I also use non-tarball OSes as well, because one day I realized you just don't have the power with them. I can mess up my install easy! :abgg2q.jpg:

Tools I use for windows:

Ccleaner
Process Explorer
UBCD
Parted Magic
Ultradefrag
NoScript
Malwarebytes
Something like Easus, but not. It's older and it was free, but now it's not.
The version I have is, though.
"EasyBCD" Maybe?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back