7 to 8 Thousand Year Old Bog People In Florida Were 'White' European Says DNA

I kind ouf doubt this and also kind of have to agree with it. there have been arguments about this back and forth for a long time.

First the problem with the DNA thing is, Humanity outside of Africa seems to have come from a very small population. there is a very small level of diversity in DNA of all groups outside of Africa. There is less genetic diversity between an Englishman and and japanese than there is between an african from Nigeria and and african from Angola. It is like when Humans colonized the rest of the world outside of Sub Saharan africa, they were from a very small part of the African population. Since the level of diversity in DNA from Non african stocks is so minute, it is really hard to tell.

The next problem is that when Humans colonized the Americas during the last ice age, we don't know if there were there two migrations heading in from Europe and Asia both, or only one from Asia. Only from Asia has the advantage of a land bridge, but it was bitterly cold and very narrow.

From both directions requires sailing across the north atlantic for long distances, which while conceivable, is unlikely. The distances traveled by boat would be a lot shorter than now, of course. Even so that kind of sailing in the north atlantic durning an ice age seems impossible. Even though humans sailed over the south pacific for even longer distances to colonize new places the idea of sailing long distances in the North Atlantic is a different kettle of herring. Humans have done all kind of impossible stuff during their migrations, so sailing the North Atlantic in the summer from landfall to landfall is not impossible.

Early european settlers noted that the east coast indians did seem to have a german style grammar.

It may have happend that the ones coming in from the west may have arrived at the same time and that natural conditions favored the mixing of the populations to have yet another skin color and another morphological norm. And the ones from Asia may just have been culturally or in some other way a better fit for the new environment. The European ones may have been competed out. The fact that our ancient cousins lost the genetic supremacy battle is not a reason to crow.

thank you. nice post.

I'd like to spend a moment on the completely absurd....lets say for a moment that they find evidence of oh, a massacre, or series of such, evidence that appears to sppt. and equate to a systemic/genocidal beat down of the 'collectives' that was made up of these new found remains etc.?

And finds among the remains points to perpetrators who share the genetic disposition of 'red man' or that is what we have classified or now classify as 'natives', or 'Americans Indians...

hummmmm, what do you suppose the reaction would be?
It would mean that YOU are responsible for slavery.

you'll have to explain that..thx.

Um, the bog people obviously predate christianity... According to them, the world is only 6,000 years old...

God put them there to test your faith. DUH!

I've heard that Teh Jooz planted these fossil things all over the world during the 1800's. Or maybe that was the Mooslins? :confused:

The ku lux klan did it in the late 1800's. They dipped the bones in various calcium deposits to feign fossilization, then planted them in that swamp to be discovered 120 years later.:doubt:

I've heard that Teh Jooz planted these fossil things all over the world during the 1800's. Or maybe that was the Mooslins?

Kinda like the world's dumbest easter egg hunt in reverse... When creationists suggest this, it makes me laugh so hard and cringe at the same time.

Indian people came here 60,000 years ago.
Only a dumb ass would make a "I M whitey ahd happy" issue out of it.

Do you really think Europeans living 8,000 years ago had the boat building technology and skills needed to cross the Atlantic and survive?

Sounds pretty far-fetched to me.

Do you really think Europeans living 8,000 years ago had the boat building technology and skills needed to cross the Atlantic and survive?

Why not? The Melanesians managed to migrate from Southeast Asia across the Pacific to Easter Island, at least 3 times the distance of Spain to Florida... And the Melanesians were decidedly technologically primitive.

Why not? The Melanesians managed to migrate from Southeast Asia across the Pacific to Easter Island, at least 3 times the distance of Spain to Florida... And the Melanesians were decidedly technologically primitive.

But there are numerous islands in the South Pacific where they could have stopped off to resupply. Between Spain and Florida there's nothing but open ocean.

Not saying it's impossible, but I have my doubts.

Look at maritime archaic culture (Red Ochre people). It's also possible they came across land during an ice age.

In a related matter:

Dennis Stanford of the Smithsonian Institution spent years in Alaska and found no connection between Siberian artifacts and Clovis technology. His new theory is that Clovis people came not from Siberia, but from Europe. The Solutrean people of France and Spain were their predecessors, he says.
Shared technology-including bifacial points and a spear shaft wrench made of mammoth bone-and cultural traits suggest the two are related. But, as Stanford explains to Alan, there are two problems with this theory. First, the Solutrean culture is 5,000 years older than Clovis. Second, how did the Solutreans cross the Atlantic Ocean to get to North America?
A site in Virginia called Cactus Hill may hold some of the answers. Artifacts found there have been dated at 18,000 years-too early for Clovis, but just right for Solutrean. Stanford believes a fossil walrus jaw found in the nearby Chesapeake could suggest how the Solutreans made their way to North America. Ice-loving walrus could only have reached the Chesapeake during the height of the last Ice Age, around 15,000-20,000 years ago. Stanford says that's when the Solutreans got here, and they did it by bringing their boats along the ice edge which stretched across the ocean at the time.
http://www.pbs.org/saf/1406/segments/1406-4.htm

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klRbcEnLPbU]YouTube - Underwater City Off of Cuba Part 1 (The Discovery)[/ame]

Forum List

Back