7 to 8 Thousand Year Old Bog People In Florida Were 'White' European Says DNA

Shared technology-including bifacial points and a spear shaft wrench made of mammoth bone

what is a spear shaft wrench? Is that anything like muffler needle bearings?

It is thought to have been a tool used for straightening spear shafts, or possibly to help hold a point in place for the purpose of securing to the shaft. As far as I know, it's not for certain.

It is thought to have been a tool used for straightening spear shafts, or possibly to help hold a point in place for the purpose of securing to the shaft. As far as I know, it's not for certain.

beavis-and-butthead.jpg

You said "shaft".

Do you really think Europeans living 8,000 years ago had the boat building technology and skills needed to cross the Atlantic and survive?

Sounds pretty far-fetched to me.

Why not? The Melanesians managed to migrate from Southeast Asia across the Pacific to Easter Island, at least 3 times the distance of Spain to Florida... And the Melanesians were decidedly technologically primitive.

But there are numerous islands in the South Pacific where they could have stopped off to resupply. Between Spain and Florida there's nothing but open ocean.

Not saying it's impossible, but I have my doubts.

Except the Azores, Bermuda and the Bahamas.

This is good news to hear. It shows that Whites were here long before the Indians which means the Real Americans were White and that blows the Native Americans claims out the water.

I think we overlooked the most obvious stupidity here (unless someone else caught it).

Archaeologists have Paleo-Indians (and earlier humans) in the Southeast anywheres from 15,000 to 50,000 years ago.

Forum List

Back