7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA​

1) PETA has stated repeatedly that their goal is "total animal liberation." This means no pets, no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no fishing, no leather, and no animal testing for lifesaving medicines.

2) PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals.

3) PETA funds the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine , an animal-rights organization that presents itself as an unbiased source for nutritional information and has links to a violent animal-rights group called SHAC. (More fucking wierdos.... http://www.shac.net ).

4) PETA has used their contributors’ tax-exempt donations to fund the North American Earth Liberation front, an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for fire bombs and death threats.

5) PETA regularly targets kids as early as elementary school with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda.

6) PETA spends less than one percent of its $13 million budget actually caring for animals.

7) PETA has repeatedly attacked groups like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, for conducting animal testing to find cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases.

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm/article/134

as i stated before in another peta thread, ill side with them when they bring suit against a lion when it kills a gazelle for food.

MtnBiker said:
There is one thing I know about PETA, they are fooking nuts!!

They're nuts is putting it mildly.

Did you know these fucking lunatics enjoy a "tax free" status from the IRS? If you think they don't deserve it, there's a petition you can sign online at the website from the link above in the article. I signed it.

The VP of PETA is a diabetic who uses insulin to control her disease. She has stated that she doesn't feel it is hypocritical to use a medicine tested on animals to support her life because she needs her life to help all of the animals who can't help themselves.

PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars for the legal defense of known eco-terrorists.

PETA activists protest animal shelters for euthenizing unwanted stray dogs, when the PETA headquarters runs a large animal shelter in which over 1/2 of the animals are euthenized.

PETA hands out brochures to children showing cartoons of mommys cooking up the family dog and serving it to her children because, "its the same thing," as serving them a hamburger. The brochures inform children to ask their parents if they would be willing to cook them and their brothers and sisters if they were hungry enough, since they don't care about the animals.

This organization has thoroughly enjoyed fooling the noneducated public into thinking they are a nice group of people who don't like being mean to animals. They support, condone, encourage, and perhaps participate in violent acts of vandalism, they terrorize children, and they lie about their stated goals and intentions.

Gem said:
They support, condone, encourage, and perhaps participate in violent acts of vandalism, they terrorize children, and they lie about their stated goals and intentions.
You have them confused with democrats... or are they one and the same?

JUST KIDDING!

Gem said:
The VP of PETA is a diabetic who uses insulin to control her disease. She has stated that she doesn't feel it is hypocritical to use a medicine tested on animals to support her life because she needs her life to help all of the animals who can't help themselves.

PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars for the legal defense of known eco-terrorists.

PETA activists protest animal shelters for euthenizing unwanted stray dogs, when the PETA headquarters runs a large animal shelter in which over 1/2 of the animals are euthenized.

PETA hands out brochures to children showing cartoons of mommys cooking up the family dog and serving it to her children because, "its the same thing," as serving them a hamburger. The brochures inform children to ask their parents if they would be willing to cook them and their brothers and sisters if they were hungry enough, since they don't care about the animals.

This organization has thoroughly enjoyed fooling the noneducated public into thinking they are a nice group of people who don't like being mean to animals. They support, condone, encourage, and perhaps participate in violent acts of vandalism, they terrorize children, and they lie about their stated goals and intentions.
hypocracy at its best... just another do as we say not as we do situation

CSM said:
You have them confused with democrats... or are they one and the same?

I may not agree with many platforms of the Democrats, but they're not totally irrational.

PETA is. Maybe their brains are fried from that no-protein diet, or maybe their hemp panties chaff them too much - I dunno, but they are a terrorist organization that supports arson and violent acts.

Fuck 'em.

Andy

CivilLiberty said:
I may not agree with many platforms of the Democrats, but they're not totally irrational.

PETA is. Maybe their brains are fried from that no-protein diet, or maybe their hemp panties chaff them too much - I dunno, but they are a terrorist organization that supports arson and violent acts.

Fuck 'em.

Andy
What the....???

Andy - I'm having a hard time with this...but I think we may actually agree on something here. Wow times are changing :)

Gem said:

It sounds like you saw the Penn & Teller Bullshit episode on Showtime about PETA. The leader of PETA takes a drug that was tested on animals. She says the animals are willingly sacrificing for her to continue the fight, she however believes that the drug should be illegal for you to take because it is wrong to test drugs on animals.

They purchased a large freezer facility in order to store the remains of euthanized dogs and cats that they "saved" so that the public would not find out about them.

Plus, they showed many other examples of their hipocrisy. That organization is a terrible blight on our society.

drowe said:
What the....???

Andy - I'm having a hard time with this...but I think we may actually agree on something here. Wow times are changing :)

There are alot of things we agree on - I usually don't post them here because I'm more interested in examining the things that separate our opinions.

For instance, the assault weapons ban is bullshit, and I'm glad it expired. It was a rally bad law that made no sense. Unfortunately, Bush's new attorney general seems to want to re-enact it. Makes me ill.

A

no1tovote4 said:
It sounds like you saw the Penn & Teller Bullshit episode on Showtime about PETA. The leader of PETA takes a drug that was tested on animals. She says the animals are willingly sacrificing for her to continue the fight, she however believes that the drug should be illegal for you to take because it is wrong to test drugs on animals.

They purchased a large freezer facility in order to store the remains of euthanized dogs and cats that they "saved" so that the public would not find out about them.

Plus, they showed many other examples of their hipocrisy. That organization is a terrible blight on our society.

Penn & Teller rock - that was a great show. the one on the "frankenfood" kooks was funny too.

A

CivilLiberty said:
There are alot of things we agree on - I usually don't post them here because I'm more interested in examining the things that separate our opinions.

For instance, the assault weapons ban is bullshit, and I'm glad it expired. It was a rally bad law that made no sense. Unfortunately, Bush's new attorney general seems to want to re-enact it. Makes me ill.

A

A nice family at church once invited me and a friend over for lunch on Sunday. The dad showed us his civilian model M4. This was just a couple of weeks after the ban lifted. He told us, "See, this gun has a collapsable stock and that makes it evil, so I had to lock it up in this locker so it wouldn't break out and start killing people."

Oh, and we had roast. A nice, big, dead animal roast. *drool*

CivilLiberty said:
Penn & Teller rock - that was a great show. the one on the "frankenfood" kooks was funny too.

A

Their show is awesome. One of my favorites. We got Showtime because of it. Well, not really but it was one of the reasons.

Hobbit said:
A nice family at church once invited me and a friend over for lunch on Sunday. The dad showed us his civilian model M4. This was just a couple of weeks after the ban lifted. He told us, "See, this gun has a collapsable stock and that makes it evil, so I had to lock it up in this locker so it wouldn't break out and start killing people."

Oh yea, because we all know that guns that look cool are more deadly!

Hobbit said:
Oh, and we had roast. A nice, big, dead animal roast. *drool*

Had a nice bit of dead cow last night - Filet Minion medium rare. YUM! And you know, I didn't hear it scream one bit...

Andy

For anyone who hasn't seen Penn and Teller's "Bullshit," its a truly great show. I'd highly recommend that you see if its available on tape. The ones on subjects like second-hand smoke and recycling are eye-opening. The ones on religion will piss off a lot of people here, but are likewise, very entertaining and interesting. I have actually taped a few (including the one on PETA) and sent them to two college friends living in LA. :p:

Here's a statement to PETA (from the meat advisory board commercials on "A Prarie Home Companion," the best thing on NPR).

Don't have a salad. Salad is what you put in the cow to make it taste better, so why complicate the process? Just have a nice, big, steak.

Forum List

Back