7 Things to Consider Before Choosing Sides

rylah

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2015
This article is written in a calm manner, an interesting overview on both side's ugly realities and attitudes. Also some misunderstanding about the ME are cleared, about zionism, anti-semitism and religion- for the western audience.
I think it's needed here-someone who can sum up what's seen superficiality on the surface,without taking sides.

105519184-israeli-palestinian-conflict.jpg

The conflict in the Middle East between Israel and the Palestinians have been going on for as long as I can remember. While some say it is a human rights issue with one side being bullied and ostracized by another, I have heard the counter arguments that the side we hear most sympathy about in the news media is that the other side simply doesn’t want the other to exist no matter how many concessions are given. Religion and tribalism are at the heated core of this conflict. As long as neither side gives, the fighting and killing and destruction goes on, and on, and on, and on. If Israel should throw in the towel and say they are out of there, have this little piece of crap land will that end the violence? No, it won’t when the other side wants Jews to not exist anywhere. Those who want Jews wiped off the face of the Earth will just follow them wherever they go. When looking at the situation overall, it seems that the reasons for the fighting are simple…both sides hate each other (though it appears one side hates the other a little bit more). The solutions are complicated and seems like a huge stalemate, in my opinion.

I do sympathize with the innocents being caught in the middle of all this violence, and my heart is grieved to see in the news media the many bloodied bodies of children lying in the streets. However, while it is reported that these photos in recent months are from the Palestinian victims of ruthless Israeli bombings, I read other reports that many of the photos of dead kids being exploited are actually of casualties in Syria and other war torn areas of the world. My heart is sad for the children and people who just want to live in peace and cannot because of the political stances of others who are in control of the power.

I ran across this recent article in Huffpost that does bring up several good points to consider before choosing sides…if we care to choose a side in the Middle East mess.

Right or wrong, or tribal loyalty in the Middle East conflict? Choosing sides

Pretty good read. Nice and balanced. Hamas is crazy, the settlements are completely unethical. I can't complain.

Pretty good read. Nice and balanced. Hamas is crazy, the settlements are completely unethical. I can't complain.

Being an Israeli,
I didn't completely agree on everything , but had the same
respect for the writer.

Being an Israeli,
respect for the writer.
It troubles me that you are on an American message board.

well is it relevant to the post?
Why ARE you on an American board? Are there many Americans on Israeli boards?

No hostility meant; just wondering.

Being an Israeli,
respect for the writer.

He could have dual citizenship.

Being an Israeli,
respect for the writer.

Okay. Anything else you care to speculate about?

Being an Israeli,
respect for the writer.

Okay. Anything else you care to speculate about?
I speculate that he can post anywhere he wants.

Being an Israeli,
respect for the writer.

Never thought of it like that...it's internet, it's open to anyone.
I guess for me it's more an Isra-Pali board in English.
Tried couple of others- banned from entering due to the Israeli ip I guess.

And I don't know what happens on the Israeli boards, don't think many Americans know Hebrew well...

Being an Israeli,
respect for the writer.

Indeed but who does he favour if there was a War between the US and Israel......Israel of course.....you are harbouring Zionist Terrorist in the US..Hoss(Trust you and the Family are well Hossie)

Being an Israeli,
respect for the writer.

Never thought of it like that...it's internet, it's open to anyone.
I guess for me it's more an Isra-Pali board in English.
Tried couple of others- banned from entering due to the Israeli ip I guess.

And I don't know what happens on the Israeli boards, don't think many Americans know Hebrew well...
They don't understand much that well Rylah

Being an Israeli,
respect for the writer.

Indeed but who does he favour if there was a War between the US and Israel......Israel of course.....you are harbouring Zionist Terrorist in the US..Hoss(Trust you and the Family are well Hossie)

Instead of speculating about me in case your wet islamist dream scenario comes true...anything on topic??

This article is written in a calm manner, an interesting overview on both side's ugly realities and attitudes. Also some misunderstanding about the ME are cleared, about zionism, anti-semitism and religion- for the western audience.
I think it's needed here-someone who can sum up what's seen superficiality on the surface,without taking sides.

105519184-israeli-palestinian-conflict.jpg

The conflict in the Middle East between Israel and the Palestinians have been going on for as long as I can remember. While some say it is a human rights issue with one side being bullied and ostracized by another, I have heard the counter arguments that the side we hear most sympathy about in the news media is that the other side simply doesn’t want the other to exist no matter how many concessions are given. Religion and tribalism are at the heated core of this conflict. As long as neither side gives, the fighting and killing and destruction goes on, and on, and on, and on. If Israel should throw in the towel and say they are out of there, have this little piece of crap land will that end the violence? No, it won’t when the other side wants Jews to not exist anywhere. Those who want Jews wiped off the face of the Earth will just follow them wherever they go. When looking at the situation overall, it seems that the reasons for the fighting are simple…both sides hate each other (though it appears one side hates the other a little bit more). The solutions are complicated and seems like a huge stalemate, in my opinion.

I do sympathize with the innocents being caught in the middle of all this violence, and my heart is grieved to see in the news media the many bloodied bodies of children lying in the streets. However, while it is reported that these photos in recent months are from the Palestinian victims of ruthless Israeli bombings, I read other reports that many of the photos of dead kids being exploited are actually of casualties in Syria and other war torn areas of the world. My heart is sad for the children and people who just want to live in peace and cannot because of the political stances of others who are in control of the power.

I ran across this recent article in Huffpost that does bring up several good points to consider before choosing sides…if we care to choose a side in the Middle East mess.

Right or wrong, or tribal loyalty in the Middle East conflict? Choosing sides
If you think that was fair and balanced, then you consider Charles Manson pro-life.

Instead of speculating about me in case your wet islamist dream scenario comes true...anything on topic??
Islamist NO,had a WET DREAM for sure,........................being as you have forgotten or never had one Rylah....this is for you www.youtube.com/watch?v=C79spWeuakU

LOL

Last edited:

Islamist NO,had a WET DREAM for sure,........................being as you have forgotten or never had one Rylah....this is for you www.youtube.com/watch?v=C79spWeuakU

LOL

Hhh sounds like the "Kumbaya" those British were hoping for us (ArabsJews) to sing around fire...

LOL

Hhh sounds like the "Kumbaya" those British were hoping for us (ArabsJews) to sing around fire...
No,No, Rylah just theliq helping Jewish Guys reach their potential............

New Topics

Forum List

Back