7 Things I Learned Reading Every Issue Of ISIS's Magazine

Skylar

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2014
....Everything we hear is filtered through politicians and pundits, each with their own agenda ("You know what ISIS is afraid of? Me, Donald Goddamned Trump!"). Fortunately, it turns out that finding out what ISIS wants is like finding out what a vegan eats: They'll tell you. Which is to say that ISIS has a magazine.

No, really. It's an actual glossy, full-color magazine called Dabiq, complete with feature articles and photo spreads. So, in the interest of understanding just what makes these violent lunatics tick, I read through 700-plus pages of this oddly well-put-together propaganda and learned ...

7 Things I Learned Reading Every Issue Of ISIS's Magazine | Cracked.com

This is a fascinating read. And the direct quotes of ISIS ideology and propaganda give you an interesting perspective on what they believe and want you to believe.

To learn about someone you need to know 4 things. First, what they do. Second, what they think they do. Third, what they aspire to do. And last, what they think others think about what they do.

ISIS gives us 3 of 4 in their magazine.

I read that a few days ago, it is facinating.

Its articles like this that make me think that journalism would benefit from articles of different resolution on the same topic.

Say, a USA today blurb version that speaks in broad strokes covering the basic details. Because hey....sometimes you've got shit to do.

A second, indepth article going into the nuances and subtlies of the topic with direct citations to back it.

And third, an essay format with full sources and citations where a topic is deeply explored. Including full links to all source material so the reader can view any citation in context.

With the reader choosing what level they want to read at.

Why do you want to alienate the ridiculous right on this forum? :)

7 Things I Learned Reading

Laughing......not all conservatives are adverse to learning something useful. And this article really is interesting.

Laughing......not all conservatives are adverse to learning something useful. And this article really is interesting.

I know. There are at least 2 RWer's on this forum worth reading. :)

I just think we need to work on your title is all. (wink, wink)

How about ISIS, We're All Gonna Die or...

Refugee Gone Missing Alert ???

I know. There are at least 2 RWer's on this forum worth reading. :)

I just think we need to work on your title is all. (wink, wink)

How about ISIS, We're All Gonna Die or...

Refugee Gone Missing Alert ???

"Apocalypse Starts Now! Time to Shit Your Pants!"

Or

"Is There a Nuke In That Burka?"

They seem sufficiently......eye catching?

That is an interesting article, btw. I wonder how successful the group Anonymous will be at going after ISIS on social media?
They actually hurt our efforts to combat terrorism when they shut down their websites. A tremendous amount of information is gained from those sources.

Forum List

Back