7 stories Barack Obama doesn't want told

The constitution is ancient history as you see it?
Laws made by previous congresses that are still in effect are ancient history?

They are also the law.

Laws everyone has to follow whether they like it or not.

Just because it's old it doesn't mean it's any less vital then it was the day those rules were drawn up.

You see in order to have a decent and productive society you must have principles and follow them.

Leave anarchy to the 3rd world countries.

Last edited:
The "He's a push over" angle is something I can really sink my teeth in.

Now what is this talk about ancient history again?

Quite a few of these are likely to be his undoing. I thought the 'President of the World' angle was a good one. He is way too concerned with the worlds view of us and not concerned enough of our own best interests. Obviously, how the world views us is important but it's not gonna put bread on the table of American famillies during this recession. His priorities are fucked.

If he seems more concerned with the world view, it's because he is acutely aware that our economy largely depends upon a global economy these days. We need better trade relations with China in particular, but it's a delicate road because they own so much of our debt. The US needs to start producing something that other nations want and need, including China, for that balance to be leveled. Until then, I don't see jobs lost during this recession coming back. They will need NEW industryfor job creation because we currently have nothing new or unique to sell.

It's like this Kids... 40-45% of People are going to Vote (D) and another 40-45% are going to Vote (R)...

Barry was Reaching for the 10-20% who were Moveable...

He will again in 2012.

If things have NOT Improved Substantially from 10%+ Unemployment, he will be WAY OUT on his Ass...

If they have, he will Probably be Re-Elected.

That's how this Game Works.

Shortsighted and Emotionally Driven, that 10-20% are.

:)

peace...

I don't see the Repubs being able to compete on the golden-tongue level with President Obama.

But I think you are on target re: the moveable middle.

The hope for the 2010 elections will be that ideas have moment, that ideals supplant rhetoric, and that the lack of a comparable speeker can be overcome.

Or else...

i am mystified by it all....if people like the man he is a messiah....isnt that what people said about bush? didnt people cast stones at bush with similar rhetoric? how is any leader to unite this country? this country needs unification ....but what leader will be able to do it without being labeled by the other side...no 3rd party can gain enough power to be viable...i hear the 3rd party stuff all the time...but in reality we have two parties...now lets accept there is no difference between the parties....i think a republican admin would have ended up spending just as much cash as this admin is spending...and of course the spending concerns me...but this has not happened overnight....

it should have nothing to do with being on the "right" or the "left". that has become the problem and the distraction used by the government...after all if people realized there is no difference they would oust all the fuckers....regardless of party....

i am mystified by it all....if people like the man he is a messiah....isnt that what people said about bush? didnt people cast stones at bush with similar rhetoric? how is any leader to unite this country? this country needs unification ....but what leader will be able to do it without being labeled by the other side...no 3rd party can gain enough power to be viable...i hear the 3rd party stuff all the time...but in reality we have two parties...now lets accept there is no difference between the parties....i think a republican admin would have ended up spending just as much cash as this admin is spending...and of course the spending concerns me...but this has not happened overnight....

it should have nothing to do with being on the "right" or the "left". that has become the problem and the distraction used by the government...after all if people realized there is no difference they would oust all the fuckers....regardless of party....

Very true Strolling, however we are well programmed sheeple.

We will continue to serve at the benefit of our programmers while thinking it is our choices.

Last edited:

First step is to quit buying into the media generated myth that these overdressed hooligans are supposed to be any kind of unifiers.

Their one and only job is to follow the Constitution and defend the liberties of the smallest minority of them all: the individual....A task nearly all of them abdicate the moment they take their oaths of office.

The "He's a push over" angle is something I can really sink my teeth in.

Now what is this talk about ancient history again?

Quite a few of these are likely to be his undoing. I thought the 'President of the World' angle was a good one. He is way too concerned with the worlds view of us and not concerned enough of our own best interests. Obviously, how the world views us is important but it's not gonna put bread on the table of American famillies during this recession. His priorities are fucked.

If he seems more concerned with the world view, it's because he is acutely aware that our economy largely depends upon a global economy these days. We need better trade relations with China in particular, but it's a delicate road because they own so much of our debt. The US needs to start producing something that other nations want and need, including China, for that balance to be leveled. Until then, I don't see jobs lost during this recession coming back. They will need NEW industryfor job creation because we currently have nothing new or unique to sell.

"...our economy largely depends upon a global economy these days..."

You have that backwards.

In terms of exports, the United States is more than twice as prolific as the next nearest nation.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

You have that backwards.

In terms of exports, the United States is more than twice as prolific as the next nearest nation.

Yep...

:)

peace...

You have that backwards.

Umm we are a consumer based economy. Go to any retail store and see where the VAST majority of products on the shelves to purchase are made.

And in terms of exports, we are larger than most other countries, hence more exports.
But where is our balance of trade?

Last edited:
Nobody, except you, is talking about ancient history, bub. :rolleyes:

that is the problem in this country....anything over 4 or 5 years is ancient history....

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

George Santayana

People that like to vote Democrat invented the phrase.."That is so last week...or so yesterday". They like to be hip.....up to date. Wise old men are just wrinkled old farts to them. Fuck tradition. Tradition is for squares. They're too smart to be into tradition.

Image is everything to them.

That's why a fake like Obama was able to so easily pull the wool over their eyes. They see themselves in him. They want to be like him.

He's a shallow and uncaring as they are. And the fact that they know they are uncaring makes them want to advertise their capacity to care to anyone who will listen to them. But deep down inside they could give a flying-fuck. They're too busy trying to keep up with the latest trends to be genuinely concerned.

You have that backwards.

Umm we are a consumer based economy. Go to any retail store and see where the VAST majority of products on the shelves to purchase are made.

And in terms of exports, we are larger than most other countries, hence more exports.

Well, we are not larger than either China, nor the quasi-nation, the EU, but we are tops in exports by far.

Government feels that the value of a weak dollar is an improvement in the balance.

"Economists and business leaders from across the ideological spectrum were urging the new president on last winter when he signed onto more than a trillion in stimulus spending and bank and auto bailouts during his first weeks in office. Many, though far from all, of these same people now agree that these actions helped avert an even worse financial catastrophe."

The bank bailouts were done by Bush.

So start yet another thread about it. This thread is about the 7 stories about Barack Obama. How hard is that?

Or, is it now that no thread can criticize Obama?

I think all people are saying is that although there is much to criticize about Obama, that hardly negates the 8 years of the Bush Administration's policies, many of which obviously could not just be ignored by a new administration. A lot in the Politico analysis are seen a personal (personality) failings. I expect to see many top advisors bite the dust in the future, which is ALSO not unusual for a new administration because if particular problems can't be solved in one way, then a clean slate is often needed, starting with the guys who don't produce results. Bush went through 3 Treasury Secretaries: Paul O'Neill, John Snow, and Hank Paulsen.

Nobody, except you, is talking about ancient history, bub. :rolleyes:

that is the problem in this country....anything over 4 or 5 years is ancient history....

George Santayana

People that like to vote Democrat invented the phrase.."That is so last week...or so yesterday". They like to be hip.....up to date. Wise old men are just wrinkled old farts to them. Fuck tradition. Tradition is for squares. They're too smart to be into tradition.

That's why a fake like Obama was able to so easily pull the wool over their eyes. They see themselves in him. They want to be like him.

He's a shallow and uncaring as they are. And the fact that they know they are uncaring makes them want to advertise their capacity to care to anyone who will listen to them. But deep down inside they could give a flying-fuck. They're too busy trying to keep up with the latest trends to be genuinely concerned.

People that like to vote Republican invented the phrase.."That is so last week...or so yesterday". They like to be hip.....up to date. Wise old men are just wrinkled old farts to them. Fuck tradition. Tradition is for squares. They're too smart to be into tradition.

That's why a fake like Bush was able to so easily pull the wool over their eyes. They see themselves in him. They want to be like him. Have a beer with him.

In the various forums that I belonged to at the time, I heard Bush called a lot of things - some complimentary, some not - but I never heard him called the Messiah. It is the Obama obsessed followers (and I doubt very much that you are one of those!) that brought about the nickname for him.

I totally agree with you. It is time that we put aside the partisan politics - and voted every last one of them out.

Little Barry is a narcissist because of BOOOOSH!

Little Barry has surrounded himself with Chicago political thugs because of BOOOOSH!

Little Barry is spending money like it falls out of the sky because of BOOOOSH!

Little Barry can't speak coherently without the teleprompter because of BOOOOSH!

Little Barry looks like the waffling wimp he is on the world stage because of BOOOOSH!

Lather...Rinse....Repeat.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

You have that backwards.

Well, we are not larger than either China, nor the quasi-nation, the EU, but we are tops in exports by far.

Government feels that the value of a weak dollar is an improvement in the balance.

Yeah real smart get less $ for exports and pay more $ for imports. A lose lose situation.
Unless your plans are to drop the standard of living in the USA so we can compete in the world marketplace.

Umm we had a Republican house and senate for a while there. Did not seem to work out too well either.

For two whole years......check the record....and never the kind of majority the Dems have today.....and for some strange reason the Dems still can't get alot done.

Wonder why that is?

From 07 to 09, Democrats barely had a majority, especially in the Senate where it was basically dead even. I don't know what it is you expect should have happened in just 10 months, but there has been a lot done, in spite of almost 100% concentration on health care. Any major policy shift doesn't happen overnight.

Why do you people insist on forgetting that the Bailout was done by Bush?

It was not Obama.

This is what happens when idiots call what happened just one year ago "ancient history".
The first bailout.

The second round of bailouts, the nearly $1 trillion succubus package, subsequent earmark-laden omnibus bill, takeover of GM & Chrysler, laughable clunker program and 10% unemployment rate --the aversion of which was one of the claimed reasons for the succubus bill-- all lie on Barry the Manchild's doorstep.

Work harder on your deflections next time.

Half of Bush's TARP was spent during Obama's first couple of months in office.
Bush's TARP was pretty much 100% earmarks.

Bush's TARP???

Obama chaired the meetings that helped bring it to a vote and Obama voted for Bush's TARP. Remember the first meeting in the White House back in September of 08'...the Dems and the Republicans sitting at the same table....they turned the meeting over to Obama....then Barney Fwank started yelling a bunch of shit and it turned into a goat-fuck.

Later Obama as President and his team used TARP as an excuse to horn in on Banks and auto companies business....firing CEOs and strongarming them into making unwise business decisions. Then he started telling them how much they could pay their employees. Seems Obama is the one that turned TARP into a clusterfuck.

Obama turned what was supposed to be a bailout into a command and control vehicle as well as a huge grab of the private sector. And you wonder why unemployment is increasing to 10.2% and over 6 million jobs have been lost.

George Santayana

People that like to vote Republican invented the phrase.."That is so last week...or so yesterday". They like to be hip.....up to date. Wise old men are just wrinkled old farts to them. Fuck tradition. Tradition is for squares. They're too smart to be into tradition.

That's why a fake like Bush was able to so easily pull the wool over their eyes. They see themselves in him. They want to be like him. Have a beer with him.

Not very clever.

You couldn't even put it in your own words so you stole mine.

Shows you're not as orignal a thinker as you would want to be.

Forum List

Back