7 States Sue over Contraception Mandate. It's not just the Catholics, OBUMMER!

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
And my state is included God Bless her! :eusa_angel: Whoo hoo! :dance:

Seven state attorneys general sued the Obama administration Thursday over its order requiring some religious employers to cover birth control in their employees’ healthcare plans.

In the suit, the states argue that the White House infringed on the religious freedoms protected by the First Amendment.

“This violation of the [First] Amendment is a threat to every American, regardless of religious faith,” Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning said in a news release. “We will not stand idly by while our constitutionally guaranteed liberties are discarded by an administration that has sworn to uphold them.”The attorneys general from Florida, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas also joined the lawsuit.
Seven states sue over contraception mandate - The Hill's Healthwatch

This is why Obama hates the Constitution. Because the Constitution allows States to fight back against an overreaching unConstitutional move like this!

I love it!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:
Simple enough solution.

Universal Health Care. Get employers out of the picture altogether.

The notion I could be denied medical treatment because my employer is a religious fanatic is kind of frightening.

That is NOT a solution. That's just Obama taking it to the next step which is his goal anyway.

You don't think this move by Obama is part of his goal of forcing governnment healthcare on us?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

what if christians sceintists want the same specail treatment?

This is what liberals do when you bring up their attacks on religious freedoms, they bring up a hypothetical.

"Why if you allow these guys to have religious freedom, ALL THE RELIGIONS MIGHT WANT THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!" :eek:

It tells you more about how liberals think than anything else.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Simple enough solution.

The notion I could be denied medical treatment because my employer is a religious fanatic is kind of frightening.

That is NOT a solution. That's just Obama taking it to the next step which is his goal anyway.

You don't think this move by Obama is part of his goal of forcing governnment healthcare on us?

Very possibly. employer-based health insurance is already an albatross on the neck of American business. Europe and Japan have universal health care, and are a lot more competitive.

I do think that Obama is trying to preserve the current system for as long as possible because culturally, we like to think of ourselves as "rugged individualists". But even the Insurance Industry has admitted that the system as it is can't go on.

Christian Science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

they wouldnt want to pay for ANY medical treatments.

Do they have the same right to the objections these religious people do?

Hell every CEO would pretend to be a christian scientist.

And more of the same theme.

"If you allow these uppity Catholics to have religious freedom, look where it can go!!!!!!!!!" :eek:

does the establishmnet of no religion ring a bell?

The founders did not want us to give ONE religion favors over another.

And my state is included God Bless her! :eusa_angel: Whoo hoo! :dance:

Seven state attorneys general sued the Obama administration Thursday over its order requiring some religious employers to cover birth control in their employees’ healthcare plans.

In the suit, the states argue that the White House infringed on the religious freedoms protected by the First Amendment.

“This violation of the [First] Amendment is a threat to every American, regardless of religious faith,” Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning said in a news release. “We will not stand idly by while our constitutionally guaranteed liberties are discarded by an administration that has sworn to uphold them.”The attorneys general from Florida, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas also joined the lawsuit.
Seven states sue over contraception mandate - The Hill's Healthwatch

This is why Obama hates the Constitution. Because the Constitution allows States to fight back against an overreaching unConstitutional move like this!

I love it!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Glad to see that Texas is a part of this!

Simple enough solution.

Very possibly. employer-based health insurance is already an albatross on the neck of American business. Europe and Japan have universal health care, and are a lot more competitive.

I do think that Obama is trying to preserve the current system for as long as possible because culturally, we like to think of ourselves as "rugged individualists". But even the Insurance Industry has admitted that the system as it is can't go on.

Well, what you think is unimportant.

It's obvious Obama is going to add mandate after unfunded mandate on insurance until it becomes impossible for employers to keep proving it.

Then of course voters will clamor for something and there Obama will be ready to roll out his one payer system he has always wanted.

That's the real plan, and it is all too obvious.

Simple enough solution.

If we go to universal health care ( which Im for) then the insurance companies will no longer be involved in health care.

They hate that idea

"If you allow these uppity Catholics to have religious freedom, look where it can go!!!!!!!!!" :eek:

Apparently TruthDoesn'tMatter thinks that means no religion is allowed.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How is religious freedom favoring one religion?

Your stupidity is showing.....again.

How is religious freedom favoring one religion?

Your stupidity is showing.....again.

Because she's a liberal and at the heart of liberalism is the belief that NO religion should be allowed.

It's obvious Obama is going to add mandate after unfunded mandate on insurance until it becomes impossible for employers to keep proving it.

Then of course voters will clamor for something and there Obama will be ready to roll out his one payer system he has always wanted.

It's not what I think, it's what the reality is. We have the worst system in the world, hands down, but peopel are making money off of it.

Sorry, making employers provide common sense coverage is not an undue mandate. The Church isn't pleading poverty on this one. Providing birth control will be cheaper than paying for pregnancies. Their objection is a religious one.

Oh, if only the Catholic Church was so concerned when their priests were molesting children.

It's not what I think, it's what the reality is. We have the worst system in the world, hands down, but peopel are making money off of it.

Sorry, making employers provide common sense coverage is not an undue mandate. The Church isn't pleading poverty on this one. Providing birth control will be cheaper than paying for pregnancies. Their objection is a religious one.
Oh, if only the Catholic Church was so concerned when their priests were molesting children.

Exactly!!

And in this country we are guaranteed the right to religious freedom. The Government is supposed to protect those guaranteed rights.

Nice strawman attempt.

Forum List

Back