7 signs your campaign is losing...

"Democratic consultant and writer"

It's just more hogwash from the hogs.

And as a DEMOCRATIC ADVISOR.

That could mean anything, but what it always means is "propagandist".

"Democratic consultant and writer"

It's just more hogwash from the hogs.

Of course...:badgrin:

Honestly, I thought Mitt would be a better candidate. He should run his campaign like he ran Bain. Where did he gets this campaign staff??

Here is a trouble sign for a incumbent despite all the signs cited in the OP link the incumbent is not above 50% in either the national polls or any of the swings states. Now if Romney is that horrible and doing such terrible job shouldn't Obama be above 50% and have the swing states wrapped up by now?

Who knows, at this point it doesn't matter...campaigns are always a nightmare. At this point we're best served just to batten down the hatches. Nothing anyone does is likely to be golden.

As a public service, here are the seven things you say that indicate your campaign is losing:

1. You say the polls are wrong. Pity the Republicans on this one. They have to both deny that Obama got a convention bounce in the polls and point out that the bounce is receding at the same time. There is no worse position to be in to have to resort to the canard that the "only poll that matters is on Election Day." No one has ever truly believed it, even those who've said it.

2. You blame the media. Of course, Republicans do this even when they are winning, but, to paraphrase Bill Clinton, it takes some brass to blame the "liberal media" when they write down what your guy said and put it in the newspaper. (Democrats do this, too, but we attack the media for propagating a conventional wisdom that is neither conventional nor wise.)

3. You claim you'll change turnout. Want to make a campaign operative laugh? Tell them your win scenario depends upon getting infrequent voters to vote. That's like wearing an "I'm with stupid" hat with the arrow pointing down. I was on a radio show this week with a Republican who insisted that if you reduce the number of Democrats saying they are likely to vote, then Romney would be way ahead. And if I had athletic talent, I'd play third base for the Baltimore Orioles, but here we are.

4. You change your message after Labor Day. Sometimes you have to respond to changing events, but if you've got an unnamed "top aide" anonymously leaking, "No one in Boston thinks this can only be about the economy anymore," then you've got a problem, and it's not just that you need to fire a "top aide." Only campaigns in panic mode change their message this close to Election Day.

5. You need to campaign at your base. James Carville said he knew Bill Clinton would win in 1992 when he saw George H.W. Bush pander to his base after Labor Day. If you leave your convention without closing that sale, then you have to stand on stage with Pat Robertson to oppose taking "In God We Trust" off our money in an attempt to turn this election into a culture war.

6. Your running mate wants to be "unleashed." Paul Ryan, say anonymous Romney campaign sources, wants to be "unleashed" to make a stronger case for his Ayn Rand fantasy of turning Medicare into Groupon for Grandmas. This is what's known as the "yell louder" tactic. Ryan's insubordination makes me feel sorry for Romney, who infamously said, "I like being able to fire people who provide services to me." Now he's stuck with a pushy understudy who wants to turn up the volume on his party's most-unpopular idea this side of privatizing Social Security.

7. You say you're not firing your advisers. On Monday, the Romney campaign said that it was not replacing its top consultants -- something only losing teams say about their coaches. Second-guessing is a partisan's first instinct, but the infighting only comes out into the open when your side thinks you've already lost.

Yep – we hear that daily from the USMB rightists, particularly 1 and 2.

Though somewhat early, slanted, and petty, Romney HAS continued to spout far right slogans that are turning moderates off. The Ryan/Biden debate may be most the most informative; if Romney can reign in PRyan, Americans will KNOW he is strong enough to handle the Presidency.

I posted on HuffPo for about 2 months. Any anti-Obama posts were deleted regardless of the facts. They asked me to participate in a HuffPost Live event, yet the same day they deleted my profile. I decided to decline. HuffPo is dangerously left-wing. Their censors are some of the most intolerant people on the internet.

Oh bullshit.

You officially qualify as Number Eight.

Quit whining and quit lying.

In point of fact, HuffPo is NOT left wing. Even a cursory reading of their op/ed's proves that.

Which side went so far as threatening to sue Gallup for unkind polls to Obama?

Which side wanted you to send the money you would spend on birthday and wedding presents to the president instead?

Which side wants you to sell your things and send the money to the presidents campaign?

Which campaign is in trouble?

Romney?!

Which side went so far as threatening to sue Gallup for unkind polls to Obama?

Which side wanted you to send the money you would spend on birthday and wedding presents to the president instead?

Which side wants you to sell your things and send the money to the presidents campaign?

Which campaign is in trouble?

Romney?!

No one "threatened" to sue Gallup over polling.

Obama has out-raised Romney nearly 2-1.

Forum List

Back