7 of 10 Top Fannie and Freddie Recipients are Democrats

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
a303828e6b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

you know, what's kind of interesting... i've been searching around for where that info came from...and I've found it repeated in an awful lot of blogs...

WITHOUT A SINGLE SOURCE for the info...

goody... I think I'll make up stuff, put it on a blog and see how many loonies repeat it without ever checking it's accuracy.

Babble is a Dem?

What difference does it make, unless your point is that Bush is screwing Dems into the ground with his socialization of corporate losses.

I saw that, too. The Democrats were able to make a lot of money from Fannie and Freedie because they pushed loans for minorities.

Perhaps you've heard of the Drudge Report? Link here

That's a link to Drudge allright... It doesn't link me to where the numbers come from near as I can see though. Perhaps you'll link me directly?

Though while I was there, I did find this...which you might have missed:

McCain aide's firm was paid by Freddie Mac
By Jackie Calmes and David D. Kirkpatrick Published: September 24, 2008

WASHINGTON: One of the giant mortgage companies at the heart of the credit crisis paid $15,000 a month to a firm owned by Senator John McCain's campaign manager from the end of 2005 through last month, according to two people with direct knowledge of the arrangement.

The disclosure contradicts a statement Sunday night by McCain that the campaign manager, Rick Davis, had no involvement with the company for the last several years.

International Herald Tribune

The dems? lol.. and where did those numbers come from?

oh yeah, right...you don't know.... but you'll repeat them anyway... and as I said above, you might want to check out:

Just do a google search of 'Top Recipients of Fannie'. There are several links, so you can take your pick. I'm aware that both Democrats and Republicans are part of this scandal, yet 95% of Americans will still vote for them.

Though while I was there, I did find this...which you might have missed:

1. See my threads entitled:

McCain's Rev. Wright Moment?

John McCain: The Regulator

2. Fannie and Freddie Donations:

Open Secrets: Link here

NY Times: Mr. Obama is second among members of Congress in donations from the firms’ employees and political action committees. Story here

Last edited:
1. See my threads entitled:

McCain's Rev. Wright Moment?

John McCain: The Regulator

2. Fannie and Freddie Donations:

Open Secrets: Link here

NY Times: Mr. Obama is second among members of Congress in donations from the firms’ employees and political action committees. Story here

Ah...ok.. .fair enough. Thank you. That's all I was askin' for.

What's scary on this 700 BILLION BAILOUT! The exact same people will be responsible for dooling it out to the mortgage industry & financials--that got us into this mess.

Criss Dodd has NOT been replaced--Barney Franks has not been replaced.

They couldn't do it the first time, now we expect these two democrats to FIX this.
What a JOKE!

Just do a google search of 'Top Recipients of Fannie'. There are several links, so you can take your pick. I'm aware that both Democrats and Republicans are part of this scandal, yet 95% of Americans will still vote for them.

Exactly. But what bugs me is that if Obama had proposed the same bill that McCain proposed back in 2006 (see my thread McCain: The Regulator) the NY Times and the rest of the MSM would be talking about it non stop.

And that bill was stopped in committee by Democrats. If Republicans had stopped the bill the media would have made them famous by now.

I did...hence my comment. Not a single one of those "sources" sited where the numbers came from.

And my comment to you was that regardless of where those numbers came from, you'd repeat them anyway...same as all the blogs did.

I did...hence my comment. Not a single one of those "sources" sited where the numbers came from.

And my comment to you was that regardless of where those numbers came from, you'd repeat them anyway...same as all the blogs did.

Perhaps this will help:

I saw that, too. The Democrats were able to make a lot of money from Fannie and Freedie because they pushed loans for minorities.

Where is the data that shows how many "minoirty" loans were part of the great foreclosure. None of the people that I know who are losing or lost their homes were minorities.

Also, please include all the money that Merrill Lynch gave to McMumbles.

You can't just take one of the crooks and say they gave to Dems and ignore the rest.

It's too bad McCain has been a staunch supporter of deregulation all along. He even voted in 1999 to deregulate further.

Now he's thinking of being absent when Congress gets to a vote on Bush's bill to socialize the losses of private companies.

Forum List

Back