7 Marines Dead after Helicopter Collision in Yuma...

I hate helos.

RIP Devil Dogs.

I hate helos too. Smelly, leaking hydraulics, etc. Typical U.S. Government issue. Used to love flying on them, when I was young and fearless. Preferred the 46's. Never turned down the opportunity to take a ride on one. I wouldn't get on one now if you paid me. Especially a 53.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
I hate helos.

RIP Devil Dogs.

I hate helos too. Smelly, leaking hydraulics, etc. Typical U.S. Government issue. Used to love flying on them, when I was young and fearless. Preferred the 46's. Never turned down the opportunity to take a ride on one. I wouldn't get on one now if you paid me. Especially a 53.

I used to like the Phrog as well. They are old beasts and I hide under a table every time one flies over my house.

If it involves a collision it's usually pilot error. Not much consolation to the families of the Marines but helicopters are probably safer than driving to the airport.

I hate helos.

RIP Devil Dogs.

I used to like the Phrog as well. They are old beasts and I hide under a table every time one flies over my house.

I don't see a lot of them around where we are. Ever see that damned Air Farce thing flying around - going in and out of Quantico? Damned beautiful aircraft - I hear that's what shuttle's Obama's limos/SUVs overseas and elsewhere where he travels.

I see the presidential white tops (that's what they call Marine One when the POTUS is not aboard) often. Ch-46s have been flying over almost every night and a smaller helo (not military) occasionally flys toward the FBI Academy.

I have mixed feelings about the old Hueys; on the one hand, those old birds got us out of a lot of seriously bad situations in Vietnam (thanks in large part to the incredible bravery of the aircrew who flew them): on the other, that particular rotor sound brings back some memories which are none too pleasant.

As for this incident, it is one more example that even training has risks; we lose some fine personnel to accidents every year. Keeping the spear sharp is not easy or cheap.

Our helos in the Marine Corps are older then then Marines are allowed to be IN service. And what happens? New ones are designed and Congress and the Department of Defense turn them down.

My house sits under a flight path for Marine Helo operations. Mostly see the Opsrey but occasionally the older birds as well.

Osprey is safe and no one will buy it,as far as I know. Only the one squadron exists in the marine Corps last I checked.

The joke amongst Marines is if your in a helicopter and it isn't leaking some kind of liquid start praying cause your going down.

Our helos in the Marine Corps are older then then Marines are allowed to be IN service. And what happens? New ones are designed and Congress and the Department of Defense turn them down.

My house sits under a flight path for Marine Helo operations. Mostly see the Opsrey but occasionally the older birds as well.

Osprey is safe and no one will buy it,as far as I know. Only the one squadron exists in the marine Corps last I checked.

The joke amongst Marines is if your in a helicopter and it isn't leaking some kind of liquid start praying cause your going down.

Very true Gunny, very true.

why does obumer get away with it? if it was bush, the fallen hero's count would still be running.

you watch it before your eyes and angry/revenge/why the game and distraction..human nature in a wiremesh cage as a lab rat.

Forum List

Back