7 inmates killed in 'mass casualty incident' at SC maximum security prison

I think they want them to kill as many as they can before controlling the situation.

It helps save $$$$.
No it doesn't. All deaths in prison have to be investigated, and the main job of corrections officers is to provide the offenders with a safe place to stay while they are locked up. The failure of providing that equals lawsuits.

Well maybe they let themselves kill off each other to help reduce carbon emissions.

You must think like a Prog.

Were any guards or employees killed or hurt? if not than I don't care.

I'd like to know what type of security a maximum security prison has, that allows inmates to take over portions of the prison for hours at a time.

I'd also like to know what type of rules of engagement the guards use to keep or retake control, that they had so much trouble.

At the VERY least it sounds like the dorms are too large, if the prisoners can muster that much strength.
It's a simple ratio, guards:inmates. The inmates have sheer numbers and can take over if they wish. They just cannot take over permanently.

Sounds like poor design.

If the inmates are not safe from random murder from their fellow inmates, we have a problem with cruel and unusual punishment.

You actually believe the prison owes you some kind of explanation?

It wasn't random murder, it was a gang war for the right to sell drugs, with individuals being targeted.

Yes, they do. They need to be accountable for the job they are doing.

Allowing gang wars to take place is not acceptable.

I'd like to know what type of security a maximum security prison has, that allows inmates to take over portions of the prison for hours at a time.

I'd also like to know what type of rules of engagement the guards use to keep or retake control, that they had so much trouble.

At the VERY least it sounds like the dorms are too large, if the prisoners can muster that much strength.
It's a simple ratio, guards:inmates. The inmates have sheer numbers and can take over if they wish. They just cannot take over permanently.

Sounds like poor design.

If the inmates are not safe from random murder from their fellow inmates, we have a problem with cruel and unusual punishment.

It wasn't random murder, it was a gang war for the right to sell drugs, with individuals being targeted.

I think perhaps they allow prisoners to rape other prisoner and beat them or kill them so that people will be scared to go to prison. Otherwise, people would want to go there for the free medical and shelter and food.

Sounds like poor design.

The prison will have to explain it. The main job of officers is to keep the convicts safe from crap like this. The state prisons internal police will investigate and take statements from all involved, convict and employee. both will undoubtedly lie and omit facts. In the end, some people may be fired or may not be, but the investigation will issue it's findings in what is called a serious incident review, that may or may not be the truth. Then the bereaved loved ones who miss their convict so badly and was a very good child will sue.

Sounds like poor design.

I think perhaps they allow prisoners to rape other prisoner and beat them or kill them so that people will be scared to go to prison. Otherwise, people would want to go there for the free medical and shelter and food.
You oughta go get locked up then. I'm sure plenty of cons would want to ass rape you until your eyes pop out.

Sounds like poor design.

Maybe. But it is a time bomb.

Sooner or later some one is going to take a case to the Supreme Court that this is cruel and unusual punishment, and if the Court rules justly, that case will win.

And we will have to come up with a solution, in a fucking hurry.

Sounds like poor design.

Maybe. But it is a time bomb.

Sooner or later some one is going to take a case to the Supreme Court that this is cruel and unusual punishment, and if the Court rules justly, that case will win.

And we will have to come up with a solution, in a fucking hurry.
Correll, there is a remedy already in place, it's called PREA, which stands for Prison Rape Elimination Act. Strict rules and procedures are in place that deal with employees only and how they are required to act at the bare hint of any threat of sexual assault. Any employee caught allowing that is done for good and will likely be in prison for a long long time. In the shithole I worked at, if a con told me he was afraid he was gonna get raped, I was required to act immediately and remove him from his dormitory. Then I had to secure him by placing him by himself in the rear sally port or other secured locked area and then immediately call a supervisor to come down and take him to medical and then to segregation. We could not allow them to leave the housing unit alone. We HAD to do this.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back