7 degrees...the 4 th day of this

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
7 flipping degrees....

i live in the south and i dont give a mal how cold it is in atlanta....why is it all about atlanta....poor atlanta...9 degrees below normal...boo hoo.....

In 8 months we'll be complaining about the heat.
The good news- on Dec 21 the days start to get longer.

NEVER!

Yes ... December 21 is a very good day indeed. :)

16 degrees when I left the warmth of my house this morning. All I can say is thank God for remote car starters.

The winds here have been and will be till Friday at 10-25 mph. with temps in the low 20s. Yesterday it was 15 or so with a wind chill of zero when I dropped the kid off at the bus stop. Brrrrr.

I've kept nearly all the shades down (honey comb shades, I highly recommend them!) to keep the heat in. So far, haven't had the heat above 64 in here. Aces!

I've been working out in it and I have gotten used to it. I go outside in shirtsleeves and it is 15 degrees and feels nice. As long as the wind isn't blowing 30 mph it is refreshing! Isn't it wonderful to go outside and hear the snow crunching under your feet and seeing your breath? The sounds of nature are so clear, the air nice crispy clean and at night the stars are so much clearer. Get out and enjoy the winter like when you a were a child. Then come in and get a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate and warm up by the fireplace.

You never know how many more winters you will be able to enjoy!!! What with global warming and all that.

7 flipping degrees....

i live in the south and i dont give a mal how cold it is in atlanta....why is it all about atlanta....poor atlanta...9 degrees below normal...boo hoo.....

That's where you are - Atlanta?! And you're complaining about the cold? Jeez, come up here to Iowa and then we'll talk!

7 flipping degrees....

That's where you are - Atlanta?! And you're complaining about the cold? Jeez, come up here to Iowa and then we'll talk!

Hmm ... Bones said she lived in the south - not the deep south. It's cold as shit around here - little places tucked deep in the mountains don't get a lot of media coverage. On the other hand, a big place like Atlanta gets media frenzy coverage. Nine degrees below normal is a whole lot different from 20-30 degrees below normal.

Forum List

Back