7 Classic Disney Movies That Taught Us Terrible Lessons

I didn't read it yet, but I think the evil stepmother thing has to be on there. It taught daughters to hate their stepmothers. :D

I like the Beauty and the Beast lesson. :lol:
Disney likes making the women look weak. lol

I didn't read it yet, but I think the evil stepmother thing has to be on there. It taught daughters to hate their stepmothers. :D

I hate Cinderella. Take all kinds of abusive crap with a smile until your martyrdom earns you magical intervention and a perfect man to rescue you. Uh-huh, that's healthy and realistic. :thup:

After watching Beauty and the Beast, my 4-year old nieces told me, "See you marry the mean guy and then he becomes the nice guy!" I thought my husband was going to spit out his drink, lol. He had a lengthy conversation with her about how the mean guy is mean and you shouldn't ever marry someone who is mean to you....which went right over her head, lol. DAMN YOU, DISNEY!!! :)

If you're getting your life lessons from Disney cartoons, you have deeper issues than we could ever hope to address in this forum, anyway

If you're getting your life lessons from Disney cartoons, you have deeper issues than we could ever hope to address in this forum, anyway

You'd be amazed at how some of those passive roles and unrealistic expectations get internalized at an early age and stick around. Especially with women.

New Topics

Forum List

Back