7 and 11 year old try to rob woman with gun

a 22 in every pocket...a chicken in every pot, right?

The Associated Press Dec 9, 2012, 8:53 PM
Two boys, ages 7 and 11, are accused of trying to rob a woman with a loaded gun, police said Sunday.

The 11-year-old boy had a .22 caliber loaded handgun when officers found him Saturday at the parking lot of a church, police said. Detectives were investigating how the boys obtained a gun.

"Officers told the 11-year-old to keep his hands out of his pockets but he ignored the officers and tried putting his hand back in his pocket," Portland police said in a statement. "Officers grabbed his arms and recovered a cocked and loaded .22 caliber handgun in his pocket."

The boys are accused of trying to carjack a 22-year-old woman who was in her family's truck waiting for her parents at the church parking lot. The woman said the boys then demanded cash and her phone, and that the younger boy told the older one to "show her your piece."

"The woman again refused to give them anything and she drove away, calling 911. As she pulled away, she saw the 11-year-old pull the gun from his pocket," police said.

The boys were apprehended by officers responding to reports of children with guns. When they arrived, the boys tried to run away.

After the boys were caught, officers returned the boys to their families, but the 11-year-old tried to escape his parents' house, police said. Officers later caught him.

Police: Boys, 7 and 11, Attempt Robbery With Gun - ABC News

the "children" should be locked up for as long as an adult would be locked up or until they are 21 (which ever lasts longer) .... little criminals only grow up into bigger criminals. They new what they were doing. I dont care how "young" they are.

The parents should also be jailed....for not being able to control their pets.

If the kids are denied a right (to bear arms) how can they be tried as adults?

The Associated Press Dec 9, 2012, 8:53 PM
Two boys, ages 7 and 11, are accused of trying to rob a woman with a loaded gun, police said Sunday.

The 11-year-old boy had a .22 caliber loaded handgun when officers found him Saturday at the parking lot of a church, police said. Detectives were investigating how the boys obtained a gun.

"Officers told the 11-year-old to keep his hands out of his pockets but he ignored the officers and tried putting his hand back in his pocket," Portland police said in a statement. "Officers grabbed his arms and recovered a cocked and loaded .22 caliber handgun in his pocket."

The boys are accused of trying to carjack a 22-year-old woman who was in her family's truck waiting for her parents at the church parking lot. The woman said the boys then demanded cash and her phone, and that the younger boy told the older one to "show her your piece."

"The woman again refused to give them anything and she drove away, calling 911. As she pulled away, she saw the 11-year-old pull the gun from his pocket," police said.

The boys were apprehended by officers responding to reports of children with guns. When they arrived, the boys tried to run away.

After the boys were caught, officers returned the boys to their families, but the 11-year-old tried to escape his parents' house, police said. Officers later caught him.

Regulate the right to bear arms but not abortions!!

tardian hypocrassy at it's finest

Ooooo, make up more shit and argue that.

:rolleyes:

Did you know it's illegal to have a loaded firearm in Portland?

So, you tell us all how this happened, even though it's illegal, K?

what lie, idiot?
Where did I say you lied, moron? :lol:

What I did say is this gun in every pocket analogy to chickens in pots is all yours.

So, how did this ever happen? It's ILLEGAL to have a loaded firearm in Portland. Do you want laws to make it more illegal?

Since when is commenting on a news story "making something up"? Yeah she made a flippant analogy about the prevalence of guns... SO what? I see a few others here who are "making something up" just from that. You reeeally think Jill doesn't already know it's already illegal for the kids to have guns? :doubt:

what lie, idiot?

What I did say is this gun in every pocket analogy to chickens in pots is all yours.

So, how did this ever happen? It's ILLEGAL to have a loaded firearm in Portland. Do you want laws to make it more illegal?

Since when is commenting on a news story "making something up"? Yeah she made a flippant analogy about the prevalence of guns... SO what? I see a few others here who are "making something up" just from that. You reeeally think Jill doesn't already know it's already illegal for the kids to have guns? :doubt:
Commenting on the news story isn't making something up. The flippant analogy is - arguing something no one is arguing.

Ah, then if Jillian knows that, then it's a thread with no point.

:thup:

Commenting on the news story isn't making something up. The flippant analogy is - arguing something no one is arguing.

Considering we have people here who think an optimal end result would have been for the woman to have shot the vermin children dead, it seems there's a discussion to be had.

First of all, the 7 year old was not the one with the gun. There's two big factors to treating him differently than the 11 yr old in this scenario. Still, the 11 year old barely meets the juvenile threshold either, so there is no simple solution here.

the "children" should be locked up for as long as an adult would be locked up or until they are 21 (which ever lasts longer) .... little criminals only grow up into bigger criminals. They new what they were doing. I dont care how "young" they are.

If the kids are denied a right (to bear arms) how can they be tried as adults?

i did not say "try them as adults" I said... the punishment should be the same amount of time...or until they are 21... which ever lasts longer.

i dont think time out, sent to bed without dinner, or a spanking is quite enough.

Considering we have people here who think an optimal end result would have been for the woman to have shot the vermin children dead, it seems there's a discussion to be had.

First of all, the 7 year old was not the one with the gun. There's two big factors to treating him differently than the 11 yr old in this scenario. Still, the 11 year old barely meets the juvenile threshold either, so there is no simple solution here.

vermin children.... :lol:

A 7 yr old ?..are you listening to yourself ?..I doubt you could handle seeing a 7 yr old spending 14 yrs in prison or think that would not most assuredly turn him into a a crazed criminal upon his release...there are responsible parties here but they most certainly are not the 7 yr old

said 7 year old i am very sure would have had zero issue killing that woman.

As i also said... i have zero issue with locking up the 7 year old for 14 years... go back in 14 years and i bet its a criminal jailed or not jailed.

and if you missed it.... i also said the parents should be jailed.

I don't know about that, its not always the parents fault sometimes kids are just bad. My brother is a total loser, criminal and drug addict, my parents should not be accountable for what he is doing.

A 7 yr old ?..are you listening to yourself ?..I doubt you could handle seeing a 7 yr old spending 14 yrs in prison or think that would not most assuredly turn him into a a crazed criminal upon his release...there are responsible parties here but they most certainly are not the 7 yr old

As i also said... i have zero issue with locking up the 7 year old for 14 years... go back in 14 years and i bet its a criminal jailed or not jailed.

I don't know about that, its not always the parents fault sometimes kids are just bad. My brother is a total loser, criminal and drug addict, my parents should not be accountable for what he is doing.

is your brother 7 or 11? :tongue:

oh i agree that some kids are just bad. Parents have a responsibility to keep said bad minor children under control.... or locked up.

oh i agree that some kids are just bad. Parents have a responsibility to keep said bad minor children under control.... or locked up.

Oh no hes a grown ass man but he has always been a little shit, even at 7 and 11, there was always something off about him, its hard to explain. I do agree parents have a responsibility to keep their kids under control, but its hard to literally control everything they are doing.

If the woman was armed like she should be, she could have killed the little bastards

Only way they will learn

Oh no hes a grown ass man but he has always been a little shit, even at 7 and 11, there was always something off about him, its hard to explain. I do agree parents have a responsibility to keep their kids under control, but its hard to literally control everything they are doing.

oh i understand about bad kids.... which is why i said i had no problem with locking them up for years. Nothing is going to change them. Little criminals... just grow up to be big criminals.

no, its not hard to control your children....

You start training them from the time they are a day old. Same way you do pets.

Kids lucky he didn't end up shot...

actually...its to bad the woman was not armed...and killed them both.

putting down rabid animals..... works for me.

Now you wish death upon this child ?...wow...you are even more fucked up than these kids ..they most likely have had a horrible childhood so far...whats your excuse ?

I wouldn't wish death on a child but if one ever points a gun at me. I will shoot to kill.

oh i understand about bad kids.... which is why i said i had no problem with locking them up for years. Nothing is going to change them. Little criminals... just grow up to be big criminals.

no, its not hard to control your children....

You start training them from the time they are a day old. Same way you do pets.

The problem is, you can't do alot of stuff that you could do before with kids, whenever me or my siblings misbehaved before our parents would whup our asses, nowadays that can get the parents arrested or a visit from CPS, paddling and such is seen as child abuse now. Kids are basically animals when they are not disciplined.

a 7 yr old ?..are you listening to yourself ?..i doubt you could handle seeing a 7 yr old spending 14 yrs in prison or think that would not most assuredly turn him into a a crazed criminal upon his release...there are responsible parties here but they most certainly are not the 7 yr old

these children are capable of killing someone in the commission of a crime. That balances keeping the little prick in prison.

he is 7

Is a 7 year old incapable and discharging a firearm and killing someone?

Forum List

Back