7.2 hits Baja California

Best part of this story so far was hearing Mika Brzezinski on MSNBC call it Ba Ja, instead of Ba Ha, California.

Like La Jahhhla for La Jolla, so many, also like Mackinac Island etc pronounced Mack-in-awe many say MackinACK! I make errors in pronunciations also if I am not familiar with the language, but most of the media people do okay, with those exceptions.:lol:

Like "corpse" for "corps" and that was a havaaaard grad.. :lol::lol::lol:

Damn, and i just watched the movie "2012" today.

Hehe,

Me too.

Immie
IT wasn't too bad although while watching I kept telling myself yeah right. LOL At least I wasn't spoon fed a bunch of global warming tripe as I thought it would do.

It was okay. Having lived in Ca for much of my life and living through earthquakes, it was simply too unbelievable. The idea was pretty good, but the effects were just not believable.

It's global warming.

Yeah... and not even man made at that. Bet Al Gore wasn't pleased with it.

Immie

Reports on earthquakes always make me chuckle a little. The description of the quake is ALWAYS in direct proportion to the distance between the person reporting and the epicenter of the quake.

Reports from Los Angeles on this one, for example, consist mainly of people telling the camera, in a very decisive manner, "I hardly felt it," or similar.

Not so with similar reports given by the citizens of Calexico and Mexicali, however.

Interesting fact: Not everyone is aware of the existence of these two cities. Notice the names - combinations of California and Mexico. The two cities are very close together and the border runs between them. As one might expect, Calexico is the city in California and Mexicali is the one "south of the border."

Reports on earthquakes always make me chuckle a little. The description of the quake is ALWAYS in direct proportion to the distance between the person reporting and the epicenter of the quake.

Reports from Los Angeles on this one, for example, consist mainly of people telling the camera, in a very decisive manner, "I hardly felt it," or similar.

Not so with similar reports given by the citizens of Calexico and Mexicali, however.

Interesting fact: Not everyone is aware of the existence of these two cities. Notice the names - combinations of California and Mexico. The two cities are very close together and the border runs between them. As one might expect, Calexico is the city in California and Mexicali is the one "south of the border."

I was recently on a bus headed towards those cities. I got off in
Pam Springs---with the other two white english speaking folks.

Not to worry. The entire State won't break off. Just places like San Francisco, Los Angeles, etc. The main farming areas will remain intact.

Another stupid person who doesn't know where our fault lines run......

:lol: You're one of my favorite trollers! :lol:

I'm sure most people know about the San Andreas Fault.

Not really. Most people think they know about the San Andreas Fault. Most do not understand that the fault has rifting zones at both ends.

And, yes, the sections west of the fault will eventually seperate from califonia the same way that the Baja is seperate from Mexico.

Another stupid person who doesn't know where our fault lines run......

:lol: You're one of my favorite trollers! :lol:

I'm sure most people know about the San Andreas Fault.

Not really. Most people think they know about the San Andreas Fault. Most do not understand that the fault has rifting zones at both ends.

And, yes, the sections west of the fault will eventually seperate from califonia the same way that the Baja is seperate from Mexico.

San Andreas Fault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wrongo.

Forum List

Back