$7.00 a day

The average food stamp recipient gets about about $101 per person and about $227 per household in FY 2008 per month. 101/30=$3.30 a day not $7 a day.
FNS Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

Don't know ware you got that from. A family of 5 in Texas gets around $700.00 a month. Not to mention the work many do on the side. It is a scam. Nothing more and needs to be means tested for disabled folks and old people. Not Illegals and dead beats . Many 99 weekers get them as well.

The average food stamp recipient gets about about $101 per person and about $227 per household in FY 2008 per month. 101/30=$3.30 a day not $7 a day.

Don't know ware you got that from. A family of 5 in Texas gets around $700.00 a month. Not to mention the work many do on the side. It is a scam. Nothing more and needs to be means tested for disabled folks and old people. Not Illegals and dead beats . Many 99 weekers get them as well.

From the site listed, the government site that is in charge of food stamps.

Note: The $7 a day figure is for a whole family per day not an individual.

Well I dont know what site you went to but I have seen the EBT card. I worked with a guy who gets them, and he gets $720.00 a month in food stamps, as well as WIC, and AFDC. After Ike they gave us 1,300 dollars worth to replace what we lost from the power being off for three weeks. Its a scam.

I have no doubt that is true. My father in law only get's $30 a month for foodstamps, who can live on that? Their other income is taken into account when it comes to that $7.00 a day.

Foodstamps are based on income, the more income you have the fewer foodstamps you get.

Not according to the news. Coretta Scott King Jr was here and she lived on that $7.00 a day for just her, and complained about it being difficult.

Those were just averages. Some get more, some get less depending on income and other factors. Some of the posters were trying to use the $7 figure per person and I was just providing the real numbers.

Those were just averages. Some get more, some get less depending on income and other factors. Some of the posters were trying to use the $7 figure per person and I was just providing the real numbers.

Whatever! The challenge here was to live on $7.00 a day per person for week. My point was we do that all the time and we aren't poor. $7.00 a day is plenty even in this economy for food. Anybody complaining about that doesn't know how to plan, shop and cook.

A couple of months ago, one of our television stations started a campaign called "Why the Fork?" They were complaining that the poor only live on $7.00 a day for food. They asked everyone to try this for a week to see how hard it is, well I did the math and we live on less than $7.00 a day for food for each person in our family. We're not "poor". Maybe they're getting too much money? Or maybe, the elite don't have any idea what it's like to truly be middle class and actually have to plan and cook your meals.
I wonder what the menu looked like. $2.30 a meal ain't much. Hell my teenage grandson would eat more than that.

Not according to the news. Coretta Scott King Jr was here and she lived on that $7.00 a day for just her, and complained about it being difficult.

So what ? That was the 60's. The $101.00 must be per person. i know a single man who get $350+ as well. he works at pier 77 yacht service in Galveston Texas. Food stamps is an abused system that needs work. to many able bodied men and women get them. the "live on seven bucks a day" thing is bull shit. buy it if you want. Good food is a choice that many chose not to make and just buy twinkies and cokes. There is also the fact that many food stamp recipients sell there food stamps for cash money. Buy the BS if you want, but its bull shit either way.

So what ? That was the 60's. The $101.00 must be per person. i know a single man who get $350+ as well. he works at pier 77 yacht service in Galveston Texas. Food stamps is an abused system that needs work. to many able bodied men and women get them. the "live on seven bucks a day" thing is bull shit. buy it if you want. Good food is a choice that many chose not to make and just buy twinkies and cokes. There is also the fact that many food stamp recipients sell there food stamps for cash money. Buy the BS if you want, but its bull shit either way.

No, that was a couple of months ago.

Bull shit. the Woman is stinky rich, and her church would not let her go hungry. And any one who starves in this country deserves to die, as it would only be because they were to lazy go get off there fat asses and go get the free food that is all around. Food Stamps are a sham. Just because she was the wife of MLK does not mean she is above not telling the truth.

It varies by state, I ran the figures for a couple with an income of $9300/yr. The benefit was $280/mo. That's $3.10/meal. A long way from $7.

Is Ohio replacing food stamp cards being sold or traded for drugs?
More than 200,000 electronic food stamps annually replaced by Ohio
Automatically generated based on the text of this story.
More than 200,000 electronic food stamps annually replaced by Ohio Jun 20
Man in underwear told police he took drugs from drinker Feb 5
Father-son coin shop also deals in military, cards, gold Jun 9
UPDATE: Pub hop seats sold out Apr 22
What are your holiday food traditions? Dec 23

E-mail this page
Print this page
View as single page
Larger type

By Cornelius Frolik, Staff Writer Updated 9:39 AM Tuesday, June 21, 2011

In the last two years, nearly 51,000 electronic food stamp cards were reported stolen or lost in the Miami Valley area, reflecting a larger statewide trend of Ohio annually replacing more than 200,000 cards to recipients.

Authorities said the extent of food stamp abuse and the financial impact in Ohio is unknown because the activity often goes undetected. But they fear the behavior is widespread, and say that many cards are being trafficked or misused, resulting in the waste of taxpayer dollars.

Is Ohio replacing food stamp cards being sold or traded for drugs?

Five arrested in food stamps for drugs scam
by Mola Lenghi
Posted: 06.14.2011 at 2:21 PM
Updated: 06.14.2011 at 2:40 PM
save
send
print
Mola Lenghi

Mola has been an anchor, producer, reporter and photojournalist at NewsChannel 15. Now, he's the Interactive Managing Editor.
read more »

Mola's blog
Friend Mola
Follow Us
Contact Mola
Mola's feed

|
more
Timothy Charles is charged with food stamp fraud, among other charges.
Slideshow
Photo: 1 of 5
More slideshows »
Read more: Local, Crime, News, Food Stamp Fraud, Darlington Florence County Food Stamp Fraud, US Department of Agriculture Food Stamp Fraud, EBT Cards for Drugs Cash Alcohol, EBT Card Fraud, Rodney Douglas Food Stamp Fraud, Rodney Douglas Florence Darlington, Rodney Douglas Distribution of Crack Cocaine Marijuana, Chanel Comer Arrested Charged Food Stamp Fraud, Timothy Charles Arrested Charged Food Stamp Fraud, Adriana Pitts Arrested Charged Food Stamp Fraud

A food stamp fraud investigation landed five people in Darlington and Florence counties in jail.

Investigators in both counties as well as the US Department of Agriculture, who assisted in the case, say the operation began in December 2010 after authorities learned that EBT cards were being exchanged for drugs, cash and unauthorized non-food items.

Five arrested in food stamps for drugs scam : News : CarolinaLive.com

It varies by state, I ran the figures for a couple with an income of $9300/yr. The benefit was $280/mo. That's $3.10/meal. A long way from $7.

And just not true.

Feds: $500K in food stamp fraud at Waukegan grocery

SUN-TIMES MEDIA WIRE June 23, 2011 2:20PM

Reprints

Updated: June 23, 2011 2:20PM

After a north suburban couple’s grocery was searched during a food stamp and nutrition program fraud investigation, the woman was caught trying to flee with more than $350,000 in a suitcase, federal prosecutors claim.

The couple, who own and operate Sunset Food Market in Waukegan, allegedly defrauded the federal food stamp and nutrition programs of more than $500,000 over the last two years, according to a release from the U.S. Attorney’s office.

Feds: $500K in food stamp fraud at Waukegan grocery - Chicago Sun-Times

E. Texas woman gets probation for food stamp fraud
Posted: Jun 28, 2011 5:03 PM CDT Updated: Jun 28, 2011 5:06 PM CDT

Shannon Farmer. Photo Source: Angelina County Jail. Shannon Farmer. Photo Source: Angelina County Jail.

LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) – Shannon Diane Farmer of Lufkin has admitted to her role in a scheme to fraudulently receive food stamps.

Farmer entered a guilty plea Tuesday morning to charges for securing execution of documents by deception, in her case food stamp fraud. She was placed on five years deferred adjudication. She will also have to pay $9,758.16 in restitution and $240 in court costs.

E. Texas woman gets probation for food stamp fraud - KLTV 7 News Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |

Woman charged with medical, food stamp, child care fraud
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Sugeil M. Candela-Figueroa

Sugeil M. Candela-Figueroa
Tags:
local/state

Comment Now
Email
Print
Report a typo
ShareThis via email, AIM, social bookmarking and networking sites, etc.

RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Raleigh woman has been charged with making fraudulent medical assistance, food stamp, and child care subsidy claims totaling more than $10,000.

Sugeil M. Candela-Figueroa, 33, was arrested Saturday and charged with felony medical assistance recipient fraud, felony food stamp fraud, and childcare subsidy fraud of greater than $1,000.

According to an arrest warrant, Candela-Figueroa intentionally deceived multiple branches of Wake County Human Services by claiming that the father of her children was not in the home. The documents say she also failed to report a second job.

As a result, the documents say she continued to receive public assistance to which she was not entitled.

The warrants indicate Candela-Figueroa illegally received $996.95, $3,790.00, and $5,511.30 from each of the three programs, though it does not specify which amount comes from which program.

Woman charged with medical, food stamp, child care fraud | abc11.com

Bull shit. the Woman is stinky rich, and her church would not let her go hungry. And any one who starves in this country deserves to die, as it would only be because they were to lazy go get off there fat asses and go get the free food that is all around. Food Stamps are a sham. Just because she was the wife of MLK does not mean she is above not telling the truth.

Reread the OP. One of our newstations here had a challenge called "Why the Fork?" Corretta Scott King was in town and she took that challenge while here. The challenge was to live on $7.00 a day. My whole point is that no one goes hungry on $7.00 a day if they know what they are doing.

true. When I was in the Navy my prego wife with a 2 year old fed them on a meager 30 bucks +- a week. I also meant to post up that vacant lots are being replaced by gardens in Houston as well. Food stamp recipients at least need to be taught how to go shopping.

Forum List

Back