6th graders find Al Gore wrong on global warming

I see your point, Well put, and respectable.
Im still going to recycle my cans, and do what i can.
but, same as yesterday, you wont see me at an earth day rally.

...................................................................ALAN SHORE

I think we actually agree on this. I recycle and do what I can as well. I get upset with people like Gore because my opinion is that they have an agenda that is not the environment. The environment is their tool. Because if he really looked at the research out there there is no way he could say some of the things he says, specifically the greenhouse gas = warming theory. He wants me to use better light bulbs and recycle and maybe buy a non-gas guzzling vehicle, that's fine. Those aren't dumb ideas. But I don't believe it should be governmentally mandated because it makes us less free. Freedom has prices, namely the freedom to make dumb decisions too.

P.S. your closing made me laugh

I think we actually agree on this. I recycle and do what I can as well. I get upset with people like Gore because my opinion is that they have an agenda that is not the environment. The environment is their tool. Because if he really looked at the research out there there is no way he could say some of the things he says, specifically the greenhouse gas = warming theory. He wants me to use better light bulbs and recycle and maybe buy a non-gas guzzling vehicle, that's fine. Those aren't dumb ideas. But I don't believe it should be governmentally mandated because it makes us less free. Freedom has prices, namely the freedom to make dumb decisions too.

P.S. your closing made me laugh

We do agree, I appreciate a rational arguement. Im sure we will disagree in the future, but i will read your posts more carefully. Not that i dont read everyone's posts carefully, er anything. its just that sometimes i dont.

But politicians only know the propaganda formula they've been utilising practically forever, if you want something done you need to scare the shit out of the bewildered herd, and they will trample all the way to your cause, Gore doesnt know any better methods, the way he sees it, if Bush can make it work for Iraq, he can make it work against the Terrorist Emissions too.

..............................................ALAN SHORE

I officially have no respect for conservatives anymore. None whatsoever. I find this absolutely disgusting, and the amount of buzz this storiy has recieved on conservative sites and shows has shocked me.

I'm shocked at your disrepect for sixth graders...after all, liberals think children are smart enough to discuss adult sex and even go have an abortion without their parents' consent. :exclaim:

Conservatives are probably making a big deal about this incident just because it is so unusual a public school classroom is not just regurgitating the liberal ecoterrorism mantra which is typically taught. It is refreshing to see a majority (even 6th graders) come to a logical conclusion based on a rational discussion....something you don't get in the media or Algoreland.

I'm shocked at your disrepect for sixth graders...after all, liberals think children are smart enough to discuss adult sex and even go have an abortion without their parents' consent. :exclaim:

Conservatives are probably making a big deal about this incident just because it is so unusual a public school classroom is not just regurgitating the liberal ecoterrorism mantra which is typically taught. It is refreshing to see a majority (even 6th graders) come to a logical conclusion based on a rational discussion....something you don't get in the media or Algoreland.

Damn! Tried to rep you but I couldn't

I owe you!

They're 6th graders.
[quote=ScreamingEagle said:

Oh come on, read the OPs statements. These people are trying to pawn this off as proof that global warming isn't real.

I'm still trying to figure out what the right think this is all about.

Bern/Little Acorn can you complete this sentence for me:

"The majority of climotologists and Al Gore are lying/making up shit about global warming because....."?

Not "spun". That's when they take an issue and start explaining why the things being said, were good for their side. The arguments can sometimes get quite artistic, but at least were usually based on accurate quotes and demonstrable facts. This was done a lot in the 80s and early 90s, by people on both sides of every debate.

But for the last ten years or so, the left has pretty much given up most recognizable spinning, and has simply lied about the issues, trusting that their words will sway the more impressionable or less informed in their audience, despite clear evidence to the contrary. The example you gave is typical. The article describes the teacher's efforts to maintain nonpartisan information, and set up a truly adversarial debate where each side was responsible for producing their own info and trying to refute the other side's statements. The board leftists didn't like the way the results came out, so they have simply announced here that the teacher did fantastic things to sway the debate. No attempt to back up their smears, for obvious reasons since they had simply made their accusations up out of whole cloth.

"Spinning" is a lost art. Especially in this particular thread. What you're seeing here in the instance you described, is nothing more than disingenuous lying. Don't insult spinners by comparing them to the intellectually barren dregs of the left you find here.

The conclusion remains unrefuted. Global warming is unaffected by man.
http://www.ipcc.ch/activity/ar.htm
http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/
http://nationalacademies.org/onpi/06072005.pdf

"The majority of climotologists and Al Gore are lying/making up shit about global warming because....."?

"...they want money for their studies."

However, what they not going to recognize is the wide support these scientists conclusions have recieved from scientists in other fields who will actually be hurt funding-wise as resources are reallocated from there field to others.

I'm not accussing Gore of lieing. I'm accussing him of using a very select piece of evidence (and a bad on at that) to make a case. A piece of evidence that is fairly easily discounted (see my previous posts).

I sort of said this earlier, but the answer to the question is because Gore and this movement really aren't about the environment at all. If it was and he was really looking at all the available evidence he wouldn't be claiming the sky is falling.

I believe Gore is trying to advance an agenda that has more to do with being anti- corporate America and wealth redistribution and the environment is just the latest tool he has chosen to use. In a broad sense, a major difference between conservatives and liberals is what they believe people have a right to. Cons believe in the right to equal opportunity. Libs believe in the right to equal outcomes and risk free life. Libs attempt to equal said outcomes by taking from rich corporations through taxes, or specifically in this case, taxes on pollution and redistributing to the poor, which is basically a major part of what our tax system has become.

He has chosen to use the environment as the means to accomplish this because he is fairly certain that few people will take the time to refute his claims and secondly, even if they do, he has the media on his side to ensure that the mainstream never hear about it anyway.

Damn! Tried to rep you but I couldn't

I owe you!

Thanks man. I don't get the system...my rep total pts. haven't changed in days...i was last repped way back on 3/12...so i really don't understand why you couldn't rep me...:question:

Mr. Conley said:
They're 6th graders.

Oh come on, read the OPs statements. These people are trying to pawn this off as proof that global warming isn't real.

Yes, of course they're only 6th graders...my point exactly.

As proof? Well maybe in a roundabout way....since liberals won't listen to intelligent scientific skepticism, maybe they will listen to a 6th grader discussion....perhaps that's more on their level...:rofl:

I'm not accussing Gore of lieing. I'm accussing him of using a very select piece of evidence (and a bad on at that) to make a case. A piece of evidence that is fairly easily discounted (see my previous posts).

I sort of said this earlier, but the answer to the question is because Gore and this movement really aren't about the environment at all. If it was and he was really looking at all the available evidence he wouldn't be claiming the sky is falling.

I believe Gore is trying to advance an agenda that has more to do with being anti- corporate America and wealth redistribution and the environment is just the latest tool he has chosen to use. In a broad sense, a major difference between conservatives and liberals is what they believe people have a right to. Cons believe in the right to equal opportunity. Libs believe in the right to equal outcomes and risk free life. Libs attempt to equal said outcomes by taking from rich corporations through taxes, or specifically in this case, taxes on pollution and redistributing to the poor, which is basically a major part of what our tax system has become.

He has chosen to use the environment as the means to accomplish this because he is fairly certain that few people will take the time to refute his claims and secondly, even if they do, he has the media on his side to ensure that the mainstream never hear about it anyway.

An interesting perspective, but i must say, one mother of a conspiracy. I don't buy it. Not for an instance. So many variables have to be brought into for it to be viable...

"...they want money for their studies."

However, what they not going to recognize is the wide support these scientists conclusions have recieved from scientists in other fields who will actually be hurt funding-wise as resources are reallocated from there field to others.

"Obey Me, or Die" Gore Warns Congress
Environmental Prophet Al Gore warned a stunned Congress today of the dire consequences should we puny humans refuse to obey him. Hurricanes. Tornadoes. Earthquakes. Plagues of locusts. Disoriented manatees. Cats and dogs living together. The deliberate and systematic destruction of all life on Arrakis. Terrifying, indeed – but just a taste of what’s in store for us all should we continue to blatantly defy Gore.

The time has come to cleanse ourselves of our capitalistic sins and save the earth from total obliteration, - but it won’t be easy, Gore assures us. Preserving the future for our children will involve tough choices and personal sacrifice. Most importantly it will require tax increases, wealth restribution, government control of production, and the abandonment of the free market system – by sheer coincidence, the exact same things liberal democrats have been calling for since before global warming was ever an issue. It would be sheer madness, then, for Repugs to continue to stand against such bold initiatives now that the scientific consensus is that we're all going to die unless we do exactly as Al Gore says.

So there's really no point in debating it any further
http://blamebush.typepad.com/

same cut and paste from the other thread....

really sad

it is sad to see libs foolishly follow Al Bore and actually believe the myth of global warming

For a lib who had me on his ignore list - you seem to be obsessed with answering my posts

An interesting perspective, but i must say, one mother of a conspiracy. I don't buy it. Not for an instance. So many variables have to be brought into for it to be viable...

I don't think it's a conspiracy. Personally I think it's something that is happening on a subconcious level as far as Gore is concerned. That's the explanation I come up with primarily because if Gore really is about what he says he's about, he is going about it in a horribly misguided fashion.

In terms being an environmentalist, he has chosen to focus primarily on one issue that doesn't have a scientific leg to stand on.

I don't think it's a conspiracy. Personally I think it's something that is happening on a subconcious level as far as Gore is concerned. That's the explanation I come up with primarily because if Gore really is about what he says he's about, he is going about it in a horribly misguided fashion.

In terms being an environmentalist, he has chosen to focus primarily on one issue that doesn't have a scientific leg to stand on.

Since when has Al ever did what he told the rest of us to do?

Forum List

Back