6th grade teacher won't let girl choose President Trump as hero. OK with other kid picking Obama.

It's not as if what I am saying is baseless speculation. The internet is a powerful tool and a lot of teachers don't even try to hide their political agenda online.

You said most elem. teachers are bull dog dykes. That was baseless speculation. Baseless in that you admitted you haven't even stepped foot in a single elem school in a long time.

Really a stupid thing to say.

Pick a city, any city. Look up that city's teacher's union on Facebook. Browse the profiles of the members.

Very Illuminating.

Of course. Who do you think actually joins their account with the TEACHER UNION account? I wouldn't have done that even when I was in the union. So you're only getting the most liberal teachers there. I mean....that should be obvious.

Better to do this: find some random suburb or small town in "fly over country", go to their SCHOOL (not union) web site, and look at the classroom or staff pages. That's the staff. Probably mostly wives and moms.

Be that as it may, I say it's a pretty safe bet to assume that a majority of public teachers lean left. It's just the nature of the beast. Not really a problem unless they start adopting radical beliefs and can't keep their politics out of the classroom. Sorry if I caused you any offense, you seem like a nice person exactly the sort I'd want to teach my kids. I don't want you to think bad of me.

Thank you--I think I am a nice person but also, as you see here, rather blunt, opinionated (heh),and a straight shooter. I absolutely love children. They are my people really. That's sweet of you to say that you don't want me to think bad of you--I don't. I am addressing your ideas about teachers, because I'm concerned about my profession.

Conservatives have a lot of perceptions about teachers that are sometimes right, but highly and grossly exaggerated. It is true that many teachers are what I would call "soft liberals". Moderates, or Democrats at best. But not hard Leftists by far, at least not outside of far Left areas. As I have typed many times, people lose their common sense when they go on and on about public schools. I mean think about it. Yes, "public schools" include the schools in Berkeley CA and NYC.

They also include the schools in Anytown, Nebraska, population 5,000. So what do you think? You think they ship in a bunch of far Leftists to teach in that tiny town?

C'mon.

I don't think they have to "ship in" leftists at all. Leftists exist everywhere, like insects (except Antarctica, in both cases).

You bring me in a place between the devil and the blue sea on the shore of the river of no return. The river is full of dead souls floating direction nowhere. I do not like to see more cadavers there. I'm sure the teacher had very good reasons for this decision.
I don't see how this teacher's actions could be termed "good" at all. If a student was prevented from making a report on Barry Obama as their hero would you still approve?

Read the article(s) about the topic. The school board and teacher are saying that the teacher never told the kid she couldn't do it on Trump and at the present time the girl was still doing her project on Trump.

I don't know who's being honest and who's not, but if I had $1 for every time a student of mine made shit to their parent about my class I'd retire tomorrow.

Read the article(s) about the topic. The school board and teacher are saying that the teacher never told the kid she couldn't do it on Trump and at the present time the girl was still doing her project on Trump.

I don't know who's being honest and who's not, but if I had $1 for every time a student of mine made shit to their parent about my class I'd retire tomorrow.
I can see why the school board and teacher might contradict this student who was allegedly bullied. It certainly doesn't look good. I have a hard time seeing what would prompt this girl to lie.

My daughter is a teacher now and my brother was a teacher for years in the Puget Sound region. They both agree
at this moment in time it's quite probable that a teacher would reject Trump as the subject of an essay about student heroes. That's how things are now when insanity is in the air.

I can see why the school board and teacher might contradict this student who was allegedly bullied. It certainly doesn't look good. I have a hard time seeing what would prompt this girl to lie.

My daughter is a teacher now and my brother was a teacher for years in the Puget Sound region.

Where? ... State Washington. Got it.

They both agree at this moment in time it's quite probable that a teacher would reject Trump as the subject of an essay about student heroes.

Sure this is possible or probable. Donald Trump is a polarizer. And that's exactly what no one needs in schools. Schools need a wide spectrum of different perceptions of and views to the world.

That's how things are now when insanity is in the air.

In the air? Some people leave meanhile the USA, because they hate it to live in the atmosphere of hate in the USA any longer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back