6th Circuit Reconsiders Affirmative Action Decision

why do you keep repeating the same anecdotal BS?

what percentage of blacks feel that way other than your "friends"?

puleeze... do yourself a favor and shhhhhhhhhhhh
This is it right here, jillian rides so high on her liberal horse she can't even begin to understand how a law like Affirmative Action could make a person of color feel.

why do you keep repeating the same anecdotal BS?

what percentage of blacks feel that way other than your "friends"?

puleeze... do yourself a favor and shhhhhhhhhhhh
This is it right here, jillian rides so high on her liberal horse she can't even begin to understand how a law like Affirmative Action could make a person of color feel.

poor baby...

perhaps it's just that i really hate when people make up anecdotal evidence and pretend that a group they're not part of "thinks" a certain way (as if the particular group were homogeneous).

putz.

Actually, Lincoln himself thought freed slaves should be colonized in some other country.

i've never heard that.

and i'm sure your black "friends" hate affirmative action...

yeppers... blame the program and not the racist losers.

typical...

I could see why successful blacks would hate affirmative action.

They likely believe that others see them as having gotten a good job ONLY because of affirmative actions and not on their own merit, even when they were the most qualified candidate for the job.

I'm a successful black and I don't give a fuck how others think I got my job. Only a fool worries about the opinion of others, or someone with low self esteem. No wonder Clarence Thomas worries about how is Yale Law degree is seen by white people.

Ya, your opinion is that Affirmative Action has not damaged the black community.

Consider Asians. They don't need affirmative action. Mostly because they have higher IQ's than whites. But it's never "racist" to call Asians smart. Only to call blacks dumb.

William, do you live under a rock? Do you know any Asian Americans? IQ is spread pretty evenly across all ethnic and racial groups, there are differences in culture and attitudes towards learning and education, but you need to stick your head up and meet real people some time.

"MYTH: Affirmative action is reverse discrimination, it gives preferential treatment to people of color and women.

FACT: Racism is power plus discrimination. The parameters of discrimination based on race are distinguished by the power dynamics. Reverse racism is not, therefore a reality if people of color are not in positions of power and perpetrating the discrimination. An Urban Institute study shows that less that 100 of 3000 cases could be considered reverse discrimination. Less that six of those cases were deemed by the court to be substantiated." Talking About Affirmative Action

"President Johnson then asked Moynihan to help draft his famous 1965 commencement address at Howard University. Celebrating the 1964 Civil Rights Act and a voting-rights bill about to pass, the president nonetheless warned that freedom alone was not enough; changes in the economic and social situation of America’s blacks, the focus of Moynihan’s report, were likewise pressing. “We seek not just freedom but opportunity,” he declared. “We seek not just legal equity but human ability, not just equality as a right and a theory but equality as a fact and as a result."" Moynihan
-
http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...cting-the-social-construct-2.html#post2536347
-
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/When-Affirmative-Action-White-Twentieth-Century/dp/0393328511/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: When Affirmative Action Was White: An Untold History of Racial Inequality in Twentieth-Century America (9780393328516): Ira Katznelson: Books[/ame]

IQ is spread pretty evenly across all ethnic and racial groups, there are differences in culture and attitudes towards learning and education,
Ya, and the races with higher IQ's have much a better culture and attitudes towards learning and education.

IQ is spread pretty evenly across all ethnic and racial groups

No, it's not. There are any number of sources that marshal the data on this, but they all point to a clear and consistent pattern: blacks have the lowest IQs, whites are higher and Asians and Ashkenazi Jews, the highest. In order not to see this, YOU would have to be living under a rock.

I really hate when someone starts throwing around "IQ"... I have taught at the college level and I can assure you that IQ isn't relative to much of anything. Some of those with the highest IQ scores don't have the sense that God gave a can opener. And you wouldn't want them as your nurse. THOSE ones, I ALWAYS tried to steer away from clinical and into jobs that didn't require clinical decision making.

Some with average IQs were far better and made very good clinical decisions because they worked their butts off to be good nurses.

I have states repeatedly on here that I have black friends and I have worked with a lot of blacks. Whatever you think about their IQ, they know how to get you!

Forum List

Back