$6M Paid to Iraqi Kidnappers of Filipino?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
If true, there are going to be problems:

http://www.tribune.net.ph/

GMA okayed $6-M ransom for Pinoy hostage’s release before Sona
MALAYSIA TAPPED TO BROKER DEAL WITH IRAQI REBELS

A ransom of $6 million was offered and paid out to the Iraqi rebels holding Filipino truck driver Angelo de la Cruz hostage, to ensure his release before President Arroyo’s scheduled State of the Nation Address (Sona) on July 26, a high level Philippine intelligence officer told the Tribune yesterday.

This offer was alleged to have been approved by the President herself, who then tapped Malaysian emissaries for the job, the intelligence officer, who asked for anonymity, said.

Of the $6-million payoff, $5 million was shouldered by Malaysia and $1 million by the Landbank of the Philippines, the officer added. more

Paying off these animals will accomplish nothing. All they're doing is making themselves appear cowardly & weak in the eyes of these fanatics.

When the terrorists are looking around for a good soft target to make a statement with, who will immediately come to mind? A country that hunts them down relentlessly or a country that threw in the towel right away?

Kathianne said:
Of the $6-million payoff, $5 million was shouldered by Malaysia and $1 million by the Landbank of the Philippines, the officer added. more

This is an interesting statement. Malaysia is a Muslim country. Is this a "backdoor" nations can use to continue their sponsorship of terrorism? Why would Malaysia pay $5 million for the return of a Philippino?

What the hell did they expect would happen? You give in to these animals and they wont go away. They'll simply ask for more. Its like Liberals. You give them some money for their programs and they just keep asking for more. ITs never enough.

Kathianne said:

http://www.tribune.net.ph/

Doesn't this made both Malaysia and Phillipines official sponsors of terror, in the same manner as any other state which willingly funds international terrorist groups?

Aren't there severe penalties we are required by Congressional law to enforce against such states?

Comrade said:
Doesn't this made both Malaysia and Phillipines official sponsors of terror, in the same manner as any other state which willingly funds international terrorist groups?

Aren't there severe penalties we are required by Congressional law to enforce against such states?

i pointed out the same thing and nobody replied. too much over their heads I guess.

The Philippines, in my opinion, could be forgiven as it is their citizen. But malaysia, a Muslim country, had no business and as I said, I believe they couild be using the pay-off money as a backdoor manner in which to sponsor terrorism.

I guess nobody replied because they are ignorant about the region and therefore, they do not see the hypocracy of Malaysia footing the largest part of the pay-off.

freeandfun1 said:
i pointed out the same thing and nobody replied. too much over their heads I guess.

The Philippines, in my opinion, could be forgiven as it is their citizen. But malaysia, a Muslim country, had no business and as I said, I believe they couild be using the pay-off money as a backdoor manner in which to sponsor terrorism.

I guess nobody replied because they are ignorant about the region and therefore, they do not see the hypocracy of Malaysia footing the largest part of the pay-off.

I might be off here, but I think they may wait until the hostage is released or not. He hasn't been yet, has he? I just woke up. Afterwards, other than the 'very disappointed tone' taken so far, we may see some sanctions.

I heard that as of this morning he is free. I think I'm on the side of penalties for supporting terrorism. what kind of resources does malaysia have anyway?

DKSuddeth said:
I heard that as of this morning he is free. I think I'm on the side of penalties for supporting terrorism. what kind of resources does malaysia have anyway?

I'll check. If he's free, I'm glad for him and his family. I'm disgusted at the behavior of the Phillipines. Malaysia should be severely punished and the Phillipines should pay a price.

Here we go:

whoops *edited in*: http://www.nationmaster.com/country/my/Economy

Economy - overview: Malaysia, a middle-income country, transformed itself from 1971 through the late 1990s from a producer of raw materials into an emerging multi-sector economy. Growth was almost exclusively driven by exports - particularly of electronics - and, as a result Malaysia was hard hit by the global economic downturn and the slump in the Information Technology (IT) sector in 2001. GDP in 2001 grew only 0.5% due to an estimated 11% contraction in exports, but a substantial fiscal stimulus package mitigated the worst of the recession and the economy rebounded in 2002. Healthy foreign exchange reserves and relatively small external debt make it unlikely that Malaysia will experience a crisis similar to the one in 1997, but the economy remains vulnerable to a more protracted slowdown in Japan and the US, top export destinations and key sources of foreign investment.

There goes another 6 mil for weapons to be used against Americans. Perhaps we should invite all "allies' who would deal with terrorists to leave Iraq as a way to try to reduce thier ability to fight.

Malaysia's "president" of 22 years held the same position as William Joyce on this board, stating publically (and while still in office) that the Jews rule by proxy, and how Israel is "the enemy allied with most powerful nations".

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/southeast/10/16/oic.mahathir/

It's no secret who this enemy is supposed to be allied with (America), and how that also makes the US an enemy by proxy.

In fact, such statements were indeed a declaration of war against the U.S. by logical deduction, by the chief principle of that nation. If we had been serious about the war on terror from day one, Malaysia would have at the very least been cut off from all trade and otherwise severely sanctioned for stating it's position against America in not so uncertain terms.

But realistically there are also political and economic considerations Bush himself must allow for and with respect to American interests overseas, a decleration of war which Malaysia's government richly deserves, is out of the question at this stage of the game. Too many U.S. owned factories to risk in a conflict we can ill-afford.

But Kathianne, I agree wholeheartedly with your analysis and sentiment. Screw the bastards.

dilloduck said:
There goes another 6 mil for weapons to be used against Americans. Perhaps we should invite all "allies' who would deal with terrorists to leave Iraq as a way to try to reduce thier ability to fight.

Yep, either you allies are "in or out". With us, against us, or cowering in the corner. Lead, follow, cower, or get out of the fucking way.

DKSuddeth said:

Most of Malaysia's income comes from gas fields, tin mining, and agriculture. They also do A LOT of manufacturing for companies like Motorola, Intel, etc.

Comrade said:
Malaysia's "president" of 22 years held the same position as William Joyce on this board, stating publically (and while still in office) that the Jews rule by proxy, and how Israel is "the enemy allied with most powerful nations".

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/southeast/10/16/oic.mahathir/

It's no secret who this enemy is supposed to be allied with (America), and how that also makes the US an enemy by proxy.

In fact, such statements were indeed a declaration of war against the U.S. by logical deduction, by the chief principle of that nation. If we had been serious about the war on terror from day one, Malaysia would have at the very least been cut off from all trade and otherwise severely sanctioned for stating it's position against America in not so uncertain terms.

But realistically there are also political and economic considerations Bush himself must allow for and with respect to American interests overseas, a decleration of war which Malaysia's government richly deserves, is out of the question at this stage of the game. Too many U.S. owned factories to risk in a conflict we can ill-afford.

But Kathianne, I agree wholeheartedly with your analysis and sentiment. Screw the bastards.

Mahatir is very ANTI-American. One thing I do like about him is that he detests George Soros too.

freeandfun1 said:
Mahatir is very ANTI-American. One thing I do like about him is that he detests George Soros too.

I have to disclose that I once worked for George Soros in one of his Ukrainian foundations at one time in my life.

Brrr... makes me shiver.

Forum List

Back