68 killed in horrific Basrah attacks

Gop guy

Apr 17, 2004
West Reading PA
This is absolutly evil, horrific, I was speechless when I heard this report first. So many kids, in schoolbusses, their bodies were incinerated. WHY WON'T THE IRAQIS FIGHT TO TAKE BACK THEIR COUNTRY!? CAN THEY NOT SEE THAT THIS IS JUST AS MUCH THIER WAR TOO!? I don't understand.

Originally posted by Gop guy
No, you're kidding. This is pure evil incarnate!

You have to remember a famous quote that refers to how most people view things:

"A single death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

Most people are desensitised to stuff when they see it all the time.

Originally posted by NewGuy

Yeah................

Originally posted by NewGuy

Its like in Eddie Izzards (British comedian) bit for his HBO special when he speaks of mass murderers.

Pol Pot killed 1.7 million people. We can't even deal with that! You know, we think if somebody kills someone, that's murder, you go to prison. You kill 10 people, you go to Texas, they hit you with a brick, that's what they do. 20 people, you go to a hospital, they look through a small window at you forever. And over that, we can't deal with it, you know? Someone's killed 100,000 people. We're almost going, "Well done! You killed 100,000 people? You must get up very early in the morning. I can't even get down the gym! Your diary must look odd: “Get up in the morning, death, death, death, death, death, death, death – lunch- death, death, death - afternoon tea - death, death, death - quick shower…"

That was one of the funniest bits ever.

Originally posted by insein
Its like in Eddie Izzards (British comedian) bit for his HBO special when he speaks of mass murderers.

That was one of the funniest bits ever.

I was just thinking of that bit. The man is a genius. If you get the chance, rent some of his earlier stuff. It is on VHS. Not quite as good as "Dressed to Kill," but damn close.

Thus su horrible,I just can't believe they would do this too children...actually,I can. These are scumbag pieces of shit and no child should be tangled in this mess of a "holy war". I was talking to a guy that was just hired at work today,and we were discussing Iraq and Israel. He said maybe it's time for us to play like they do(the terrorists). Put our men in plain clothes and have them destroy what they see is wrong. Only problem with that is a white guy would stick out like a sore thumb.What brought this on was talking about how Israel killed that Hamaas leader-totally justified IMO. We have to do what is necessary to stop this. Whats wrong with giving them a dose od their own medicine to save childrens lives?

Originally posted by krisy
Thus su horrible,I just can't believe they would do this too children...actually,I can. These are scumbag pieces of shit and no child should be tangled in this mess of a "holy war". I was talking to a guy that was just hired at work today,and we were discussing Iraq and Israel. He said maybe it's time for us to play like they do(the terrorists). Put our men in plain clothes and have them destroy what they see is wrong. Only problem with that is a white guy would stick out like a sore thumb.What brought this on was talking about how Israel killed that Hamaas leader-totally justified IMO. We have to do what is necessary to stop this. Whats wrong with giving them a dose od their own medicine to save childrens lives?

Yeah

Originally posted by krisy

Um, krisy, this IS what we are doing now. Hard to have 125,000 troops undercover(he-he) but that is how we do a good amount of our intelligence gathering.

What does "Put our men in plain clothes and have them destroy what they see is wrong" mean? Kind of a vague statement.

Originally posted by Zhukov
Such a profound man that Iosif Vissarionivich.....I wonder what he would do about Iraq if he were here now.....

I never knew he existed:rolleyes:

I like that quote, though.

Was that Stalin's name at some point or something?
Way to be irrelevant:p:

nycflasher
I never knew he existed:rolleyes:

I like that quote, though.

Was that Stalin's name at some point or something?
Way to be irrelevant:p:

His real name was Iosif Vissarionivich Dzugashvilli.

The point was that the original comment...

NewGuy
......a famous quote that refers to how most people view things.
"A single death is a tragedy. A million deathsis a statistic."

...seemed to say that most people think the way Stalin did, as if he were some profound thinker, when in reality he was a genocidal paranoid (documented) dictator.

There is not a flood of comment about this latest attack in Basrah, because what can one say about the slaughter of innocent children that hasn't already been said before?

I will look for good. The good that comes out of such an awful occurence is the fact that it turns most normal Iraqis away from the terrorist's cause. No good person can be swayed in favor of such deeds.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Um, krisy, this IS what we are doing now. Hard to have 125,000 troops undercover(he-he) but that is how we do a good amount of our intelligence gathering.

What does "Put our men in plain clothes and have them destroy what they see is wrong" mean? Kind of a vague statement.

I didn't mean to put 125,000 troops undercover:rolleyes: Although I can see you think maybe we should put our great president in disguise:rolleyes: . I don't know how it would work,but why can't we blow them up the way they blow everyone else up? Plant bombs maybe,it seems to work for them.
You are apparently the resident expert though,maybe you could help em out:clap:

Forum List

Back