67% of Catholic Charities money comes from Government

R

rdean

http://www.catholiccharitiesusa.org/Document.Doc?id=1924

Working to Reduce Poverty in America - Catholic Charities USA

About Catholic Charities USA
Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA) is the national office for local Catholic Charities agencies and affiliates nationwide. CCUSA provides strong leadership and support to enhance the work of local agencies in their efforts to reduce poverty, support families, and empower communities.

view.image

Wow, I didn't know that. I only learned about it a few minutes ago. Glad they resolved the problem. Right wingers saying this administration attacks the church when 67% of Catholic Charities money comes from the government is a farce. Makes you wonder about OTHER charities.

Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA) is the national office for local Catholic Charities agencies and affiliates nationwide. CCUSA provides strong leadership and support to enhance the work of local agencies in their efforts to reduce poverty, support families, and empower communities.

view.image

Wow, I didn't know that. I only learned about it a few minutes ago. Glad they resolved the problem. Right wingers saying this administration attacks the church when 67% of Catholic Charities money comes from the government is a farce. Makes you wonder about OTHER charities.

Where does the rest of it come from? Yea, Catholics. And you do know they don't keep that money, don't you? They spend it helping your fucking fellow Americans. 8 million in 2009.... you selfish, stupid, twit.

view.image

Where does the rest of it come from? Yea, Catholics. And you do know they don't keep that money, don't you? They spend it helping your fucking fellow Americans. 8 million in 2009.... you selfish, stupid, twit.

Twat? I **** hear you.

view.image

Twat? I **** hear you.

8 million Americans helped by our Charities.

One in six Americans requiring medical treatment got it in a Catholic Hospital - fyi, the shortfall in funding from government for Catholic Hospitals is $5.7 billion dollars. You're welcome.

The Catholic Church is second only to the US government in providing services to America's most poverty stricken.

You are a sick freak for wanting them to suffer just because you 'hate' people of faith. We do more for this country, for our fellow Americans, than you or your hack politicians ever will.

view.image

Twat? I **** hear you.

thstairfail.jpg

It should be more like 95%

It should be zero. If the Catholic church increased the dues on pedophile enablers they wouldn't need government funds.

There are no 'pedophile enablers' in our Church. Keep up. The Church has a very proactive policy on child abuse now. The days when pedophiles could hide in the Catholic Church ended over a decade ago.

Really? Note the date:

Disgraced Ex-Boston Archbishop Cardinal Law Leaves Rome Job: November 21, 2011 5:02 PM

Nine years ago, Cardinal Law left the Boston diocese in disgrace amid accusations he protected priests he knew sexually abused children. Forever the face of the sex abuse scandal which rocked the Boston Archdiocese, in 2004 he was put in charge of a Roman Basilica. It was a move which angered many Catholics not only those connected to the scandal.

Disgraced Ex-Boston Archbishop Cardinal Law Leaves Rome Job « CBS Boston

It should be zero. If the Catholic church increased the dues on pedophile enablers they wouldn't need government funds.

There are no 'pedophile enablers' in our Church. Keep up. The Church has a very proactive policy on child abuse now. The days when pedophiles could hide in the Catholic Church ended over a decade ago.

Really? Note the date:

Disgraced Ex-Boston Archbishop Cardinal Law Leaves Rome Job: November 21, 2011 5:02 PM

Nine years ago, Cardinal Law left the Boston diocese in disgrace amid accusations he protected priests he knew sexually abused children. Forever the face of the sex abuse scandal which rocked the Boston Archdiocese, in 2004 he was put in charge of a Roman Basilica. It was a move which angered many Catholics not only those connected to the scandal.

You note the part where it says 'it was a move which angered many Catholics'.... I was one of them.

You should read up on the Catholic Church's Global Conference on Child Abuse. That might give you some perspective.

i love charities and can't imagine the US without them. but, having said that, i don't think the american tax payer should be forced to give money to charities that the government determines. i would rather decide which charities my money goes to myself.

You know, there are just as many pedophiles in the profession of TEACHING as there are in the Catholic church.

Shall we demonize education? LET'S!

You know, there are just as many pedophiles in the profession of TEACHING as there are in the Catholic church.

Too late. Republicans already have.

view.image

Typical fail rdean thread. The money from the government didn't start as soon as obama was elected, you cannot give that idiot one ounce of credit for one penny of the 67% that the Catholic Charities get. This administration does attack Christianity and does so on a regular basis. Your post does nothing to disprove that.

Another rdean fail thread.

The Catholics DO have a better idea on how to form societies than most organizations. Two thousand years of dealing with the matter of the poor, disabled and hungry would lead to such knowledge. That is probably money well spent.

Wrong. There are a lot MORE pedophiles in schools than there are in churches.

33% of Catholic Charities money comes from Catholics. Say thank you to Catholics for providing money for serving America's most needy.

You're welcome.

Really? Note the date:

You note the part where it says 'it was a move which angered many Catholics'.... I was one of them.

You should read up on the Catholic Church's Global Conference on Child Abuse. That might give you some perspective.

Angered many but still happened and was enabled by church leaders.

Really? Note the date:

Angered many but still happened and was enabled by church leaders.

Doesn't now.

In fact, it is probably easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a pedophile to enter the Priesthood these days.

Forum List

Back