67% of americans believe in heaven and 73% in hell!

MichaelCollins

US last in Foreign aid
Sep 6, 2008
London
I will try to make a serious point amidst my laughter.

Surely this survey explains alot about the simplicity of thinking and the extreme backwardness of the american public.

Americans seem to want everything to be black and white... no reality or truth..just keep things simple.

I also find it extremely funny that more americans believe in Hell than Heaven... thus confirming that the US is a land of fear and hatred.

I would love to see a comparative study done in Europe.. i wouldnt expect more than 10% of europeans to say they believed in such stone age, superstitious simplicities.

Very revealing indeed.

Baylor University || Marketing & Communications || News

i Will Try To Make A Serious Point Amidst My Laughter.

Surely This Survey Explains Alot About The Simplicity Of Thinking And The Extreme Backwardness Of The American Public.

Americans Seem To Want Everything To Be Black And White... No Reality Or Truth..just Keep Things Simple.

I Also Find It Extremely Funny That More Americans Believe In Hell Than Heaven... Thus Confirming That The Us Is A Land Of Fear And Hatred.

I Would Love To See A Comparative Study Done In Europe.. I Wouldnt Expect More Than 10% Of Europeans To Say They Believed In Such Stone Age, Superstitious Simplicities.

Very Revealing Indeed.

baylor University || Marketing & Communications || News

Retard Alert, Retard Alert.

I will try to make a serious point amidst my laughter.

Surely this survey explains alot about the simplicity of thinking and the extreme backwardness of the american public.

Americans seem to want everything to be black and white... no reality or truth..just keep things simple.

I also find it extremely funny that more americans believe in Hell than Heaven... thus confirming that the US is a land of fear and hatred.

I would love to see a comparative study done in Europe.. i wouldnt expect more than 10% of europeans to say they believed in such stone age, superstitious simplicities.

Very revealing indeed.

Baylor University || Marketing & Communications || News
You seem like a reasonable fellow in many of your posts there MC...

Why would you start a pointless thread like this one? Are you trying to piss Americans off? Are you sure you want to do that?

-Joe

Last edited:
The devil is red and has horns and God has a big long white beard.

May you burn in hell when I am floating on my fluffy cotton cloud.
So what you're saying is: you object to societies using imagery to pass along their culture in an age when only 10% of the population could afford a lettered education.

If you asked the overwhelming masses of Christian thinkers throughout the ages if the thought of God as having a beard or Heaven being only a cloud they would dismiss the idea just as quickly as they would dismiss the idea that the throne of Heaven was actually a bejeweled chair. It seems your rage is based on you not being able to understand the simplest of concepts.

But none of this belies the fact that you are the archtypical, self-contradicitng moralizing amoralist.

All this survey explains and reveals is how statistics can be read and skewed to prove any point you are trying to prove.

All that polls like this confirm is the value of the creative writing classes on the part of the writer of the questions...

-Joe

So true. I never trust a poll, and another good reason is to learn about Frank Luntz.

So what you're saying is: you object to societies using imagery to pass along their culture in an age when only 10% of the population could afford a lettered education.
If you asked the overwhelming masses of Christian thinkers throughout the ages if the thought of God as having a beard or Heaven being only a cloud they would dismiss the idea just as quickly as they would dismiss the idea that the throne of Heaven was actually a bejeweled chair. It seems your rage is based on you not being able to understand the simplest of concepts.

But none of this belies the fact that you are the archtypical, self-contradicitng moralizing amoralist.

Is the US up to 11% yet?

The point is that the US has enough brainwashed uneducated thickoes like yourself (despite the extremely superficial pseudo theorising)... that the nation has become nothing more than a dictatorship in the hands of the very few.

What other nation would fall so easily for fear and hate politics? Certainly no first world nation. However because the US has so many untravelled, uneducated, simplistic people.... once again revealed by this poll's results...the few can control the masses and do exactly what they like.

That's interesting. It's a sort of Brunerian spiral curriculum. Literalism might have worked 2000 and more years ago but we've learned more and we don't need the basical literal model any more.

How do you explain fundamentalists?

Is the US up to 11% yet?

The point is that the US has enough brainwashed uneducated thickoes like yourself (despite the extremely superficial pseudo theorising)... that the nation has become nothing more than a dictatorship in the hands of the very few.

What other nation would fall so easily for fear and hate politics? Certainly no first world nation. However because the US has so many untravelled, uneducated, simplistic people.... once again revealed by this poll's results...the few can control the masses and do exactly what they like.

It's a plutocracy. Just don't tell the ruled, they don't like it.

Is the US up to 11% yet?

And YET, your Country went right along with us, GO FIGURE.

Is the US up to 11% yet?

It's imagery. Iconography. EVERY society, even modern ones, even secular societies, use it.

Don't believe me? Go grab a Soviet propaganda poster, I'm sure you have a few within arms reach. But the fact remains while images make larger concepts mentally digestable, nobody is dumb enough--except you it seems--to think the Bible describes God as a physical being.

You sound pretty fearful and hateful...all without the fluffy clouds and red pajamas.

And YET, your Country went right along with us, GO FIGURE.

Exactly why I say that he is not Brittish. Most likely an American stupid enough to think none of us would know people from there. The real Brittish people I know are also pissed off that their government went along with our government in the matter but don't blame us Americans for our governments mistakes, they had the same problem to.

Answer - (1) Tony Blair (2) Tony Blair's delusion that he could influence Bush.

Bad luck for the US that (2) was a delusion.

Quite true.....But it wasnt just idealism on behalf of Blair...

Blair was faced with the perennial conundrum of every british leader.... the balance between the US and EU.... without maintaining this precarious position..the UK loses alot of its power.

I do also however believe that Blair could see that the terrorist Bushteam were going to massacre iraqis whatever he did... and so attempted to curtail the US terrorism as much as possible.

It was clearly a mistake...and has ended up with him being the most HATED man outside of the US.... but perhaps history will be more understanding?

Michael why are you such a prick?

sometimes you make really valid points but you make it impossible, even for those of us who might agree with you sometimes, to rally behind you because you are such an arrogant fuck.

I believe in heaven

I don't think heaven is the pearly gates guarded by Peter with trumpets and angels but I do believe there is a place were I will go after I die and live in eternity in God's love and it will be peaceful and beautiful.

I believe in hell

I don't think the devil has horns and a pitch fork. I don't think there are people chained burning for eternity. I think it's reserved for the most vile and disgusting people who commit henious acts against mankind and I think it's a miserable place where people suffer the same atrocities they themselves commit, over and over for eternity.

That might be naive but it's how I reconcile the fact that people actually get away with horrible things and seemingly pay no price for their actions... It brings me comfort to believe that they will be made to pay at some point and any justic here on earth would pale in comparison to what they will get in hell.

Forum List

Back