66% of Child Torture Victims "Homeschooled"

War on Parents continue in liberal lala land.
I call some bullshit here... "some form of imprisonment"... without describing what "some form" actually is.
Is grounding a child to their room considered imprisonment in this study? Probably. But who knows?
That is the problem with these kind of studies. Unless you can see the study itself, and specifically what is the determinant factors - it is data that can easily be manipulated to produce a desired result.
Glad you said it. People in the schools can also abuse children and get away with it for years. I know because of what happened to my son at the public schools. It ended up the school had to send a tutor to the house for awhile where the tutor was under observation at all times. After that initial two years I hired teachers for him because there were no private schools close by where we lived at the time.

And of course they are. If you had designs to torture, starve, beat and neglect your children, why in the world would you daily send them to a place of mandatory reporters?

You wouldn't. You would either withdraw or never enroll them. Which is exactly what the study below found.

This is a serious and growing problem in the homeschooling community which, true to form, homeschoolers are not addressing except to fight oversight. This WILL have a negative effect not only on the perception of homeschooling but also on their success rate over time.

Particularly severe abuse cases that involve school-age children also tend to involve homeschooling. In a 2014 study of child torture, Barbara Knox, a pediatrician at the University of Wisconsin, found that 47% of school-age victims had been withdrawn from school for homeschooling and an additional 29% had never been enrolled.

The Turpin child abuse story fits a widespread and disturbing homeschooling pattern
I guess we know the real reason why Dems want to keep schools closed.

Chit, Sue wants to have all children fully vaccinated and in school so she can teach them her version of how things should be. Many homeschoolers do not want their children's minds or bodies poisoned and that is why they choose to homeschool.

And of course they are. If you had designs to torture, starve, beat and neglect your children, why in the world would you daily send them to a place of mandatory reporters?

You wouldn't. You would either withdraw or never enroll them. Which is exactly what the study below found.

This is a serious and growing problem in the homeschooling community which, true to form, homeschoolers are not addressing except to fight oversight. This WILL have a negative effect not only on the perception of homeschooling but also on their success rate over time.

Particularly severe abuse cases that involve school-age children also tend to involve homeschooling. In a 2014 study of child torture, Barbara Knox, a pediatrician at the University of Wisconsin, found that 47% of school-age victims had been withdrawn from school for homeschooling and an additional 29% had never been enrolled.

The Turpin child abuse story fits a widespread and disturbing homeschooling pattern

Wrong, its usually the religious freaks aka Christian zealots:

And their similarities don’t end there — it turns out, the Turpins are also Quiverfulls, the sect of Christianity that strongly values a patriarchal, conversative culture. With the Duggars fronting as the group’s most visible members, the movement has been met with countless criticisms in the years since we met the reality TV family and stars of 19 Kids and Counting.

And their similarities don’t end there — it turns out, the Turpins are also Quiverfulls, the sect of Christianity that strongly values a patriarchal, conversative culture. With the Duggars fronting as the group’s most visible members, the movement has been met with countless criticisms in the years since we met the reality TV family and stars of 19 Kids and Counting.
Growing up we lived briefly in a neighborhood with several large Catholic families> most of those went to the Catholic schools. Since I am aware of the abuse the kids went through and passed on to children not of their sect along with the extremism and abuse their parents inflicted on them should I bemoan as if all the Roman Catholic sects are just a front for evil deeds?

Growing up we lived briefly in a neighborhood with several large Catholic families> most of those went to the Catholic schools. Since I am aware of the abuse the kids went through and passed on to children not of their sect along with the extremism and abuse their parents inflicted on them should I bemoan as if all the Roman Catholic sects are just a front for evil deeds?

No its mostly Evangelicals that home school kids. A lot of kids go to Catholic Schools have non Nun teachers, it the evangelicals who torture their kids and even kill them.

So why are Dems trying to keep schools closed then?

No its mostly Evangelicals that home school kids. A lot of kids go to Catholic Schools have non Nun teachers, it the evangelicals who torture their kids and even kill them.
Is that like verses the Catholics that allow priest to rape them... You are so full of crap it is pathetic at times. Child abusers come in all shapes and forms.

The abuses by the churches are symptoms only. The real root cause of the problem is that those parents and clergy give up obedience for judgement.

Forum List

Back