63% of Republicans STILL Think Iraq Had WMDs

I dont think I know they had .. All you have to do is see that he used Mustard Gas to kill all those kurds in 1990. They found material just not as much as they thought and Look they had how many months or years to ship them over to Syria because they would NOT let the inspectors in Syria who now threatens they will use them on their own people ...

The WMDs found in Iraq did not MEET THE GO TO WAR criteria.

Did you forget that Unlike OBAMA did with Libya . Bush went to CONGRESS who all voted and agreed that IRAQ had the weapons on the intelligence we had. So it was not just BUSh who started this war it was both parties but the DEMS always seem to forget that fact .

There is a problem with your premise. Although I do not recognize the United States using the UN as a tool for it's imperialist policy, you either do not know your history, or have been mis-educated as to how history actually occurred. There was in actuality NO resolution that authorized "member states shall use all necessary means".
I was speaking in general, not specifically to the Iraq war.

As far as that war, the only resolution that contained those words, was 678 or 680. And those resolutions were about getting Iraq out of Kuwait. Some righties though, try to use those resolutions to get the US into Iraq.

In a nutshell, we illegally invaded Iraq in violation Article 51 of the UN Charter. Which, BTW, happens to be a treaty Congress has ratified. Which means, it carry's the same weight of our Constitution. The only reason I mention that, is for these idiots who think following international laws makes our sovereignty subservient to the UN. Which I consider a pretty un-American position to take.

The way I see it, whether Congress ratifies a treaty or not, we are a country based on the rule of law and it goes against our American heritage to obey some laws and not others that we find inconvenient.

From the 911 commission report

In mid-1998, the situation reversed; it was Iraq that reportedly took the initiative. In March 1998, after Bin Ladin's public fatwa against the United States, two al Qaeda members reportedly went to Iraq to meet with Iraqi intelligence. In July, an Iraqi delegation traveled to Afghanistan to meet first with the Taliban and then with Bin Ladin. Sources reported that one, or perhaps both, of these meetings was apparently arranged through Bin Ladin's Egyptian deputy, Zawahiri, who had ties of his own to the Iraqis. In 1998, Iraq was under intensifying U.S. pressure, which culminated in a series of large air attacks in December.75

Similar meetings between Iraqi officials and Bin Ladin or his aides may have occurred in 1999 during a period of some reported strains with the Taliban. According to the reporting, Iraqi officials offered Bin Ladin a safe haven in Iraq

National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States

Below is from the weekly stanard

It quotes from a DOD declassified memo that gives over 50 ties between Al Qaida and Hussein.

Case Closed | The Weekly Standard
There was no meeting between UBL and Iraqi officials. Bin Laden and Hussein were enemies. They wanted to kill each other. Saying they were working together is so ridiculous, that it would be the first time in the history of planet earth, that a religious fundamentalist, joined forces with a secular dictator.

Why are people still taking about this? These issues have been completely debunked.

First of all I was saying YOU were proof of my 100% claim.

Secondly there is PLENTY of proof in this thread.

Try reading 100%er
You are a taco short of a combo plate!

Me asking you to provide proof to back up your claim, is not proof you backed up your claim. You cannot use a request for something, as the something you requested.

And I've seen about a dozen links in this thread from that stupid bitch, thinking she can get away with using 1991 reports about WMD's in Iraq, as proof of WMD's in Iraq in 2003. You can't use evidence 10 years prior, as evidence in 2003. Especially after Hans Blix has stated many times, there were no WMD's found in the country after 1993.

And I haven't seen one link in this thread that contains a current report claiming WMD's were found. The only reports close to that, were the stories about those aging cans of sarin buried in the desert. And that's not WMD's.

So stop the fuckin' foreplay and pony up the evidence. Or apologize to this forum, for wasting its bandwidth.

Did you forget that Unlike OBAMA did with Libya . Bush went to CONGRESS who all voted and agreed that IRAQ had the weapons on the intelligence we had. So it was not just BUSh who started this war it was both parties but the DEMS always seem to forget that fact .
There was no formal declaration of war and the bills the house passed, were conditional. But Bush disregarded those conditions and dismissed intel that didn't support what he had already decided was his policy. Remember, he told the British government that he was going to "fix the intel around the policy". That's the smoking gun that proves it was all pre-meditated.

You will not be allowed to change the goal posts.

We are talking about WMDs NOT BEING FOUND IN IRAQ, those types as the reason for the war.

We are not talking about anything else, or who was responsible for the war.

You will not be allowed to change the goal posts.

We are talking about WMDs NOT BEING FOUND IN IRAQ, those types as the reason for the war.

We are not talking about anything else, or who was responsible for the war.

We are talking about what we wish to talk about.

If need guidance I'm sure we will consult you.:eusa_whistle:

Yes, I will be talking to you, CMike, when you deflect. Son, you can count on it.

There was no formal declaration of war and the bills the house passed, were conditional. But Bush disregarded those conditions and dismissed intel that didn't support what he had already decided was his policy. Remember, he told the British government that he was going to "fix the intel around the policy". That's the smoking gun that proves it was all pre-meditated.

Obama bypassed Congress all together.. Look where that go us . A Dead Ambassador and 3 other Americans . When he said no Americans would be hurt due to this ..

4 dead Americans in Libya. Nearly 60000 dead and wounded because of stupid war decisions by Bush. Yep, that's a real stupid-ass comparison, Lovebears. Got any others?

Fakey pretends that WMDs were the sole reason to go to fight Saddam in Iraq.
It is untrue.

Fakey then pretends that WMDs weren't found in Iraq after the war was over. That too is untrue.

Then Fakey pretends that the WMDs that were found in Iraq after the war were not the kinds of WMDs that justified the war. That too is untrue.

If you think you are picking up on the pattern, you might be right. If Fakey says it, it is likely untrue.

Hell, that schmuck still pretends that he is a Republican as though anybody is dumb enough to believe that transparent lie.

Forum List

Back