$620 Bil in tax hikes, only $15 bil in spending cuts

This is not the time for drastic spending cuts.

So when do we drastically cut spending? After our credit rating is downgraded a few more times?

See above.

Now is a bad time.

We have so much wasted spending and dependence upon the Federal Government, we need to cut spending before our economy turns onto Greece. They didn't want to see any entitlement cuts and their country is suffering for it.

DTMB certainly has a case study or two to back that up. No need to post them. We trust you.

Ask and you shall receive......

Sweden overtakes the US in competitiveness
Economy

- Published Wednesday, 16 February 2011 05:46 |
Author: Johan Nylander

Sweden is the world’s second most competitive country, according to the World Economic Forum’s last ranking. The Scandinavian country was praised for its transparency, efficient financial markets and world-leading adoption of technology.

Switzerland topped the overall ranking in The Global Competitiveness Report 2010-2011. Sweden overtook the US and Singapore this year to be placed 2nd overall.

Sweden benefits from the world’s most transparent and efficient public institutions, with very low levels of corruption and undue influence. The government is also considered to be one of the most efficient in the world (that leaves the United States Federal Government out. This administration spends more than an alcoholic at 'happy hour'), stated the report.

“Combined with a strong focus on education over the years (ranked 2nd for higher education and training) (that won't happen here as long as we have unions and teacher tenure placed at greater importance over students) and the world’s strongest technological adoption (ranked 1st in technological readiness), Sweden has developed a very sophisticated business culture (2nd) and is one of the world’s leading innovators (ranked 5th)", said the World Economic Forum in its report.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...politics/www.swedishwire.com/.../8578-sweden- ...

Of course it works. It worked in Sweden and it would work here.

LL's just one of those who thinks taxes are the way to go.

Oh and I hope no one is holding their breath for those spending cuts?? I sure ain't.

Yes they do say taxes are the way to go, yet not one of them can explain why it didn't work for California. That state is among the highest in corporate as well as income taxes, yet they are flirting with bankruptcy.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that'll fix the deficit alright. Obama is saying the next battle over the debt ceiling has to have more tax increases, be interesting to see how that goes. I'm thinking after this deal the GOP will have a lot of support for more spending cuts, but not so much for the Dems and their higher taxes. Maybe they'll do some reform of the tax code, which would be a good thing IMHO. I'd like to see 'em do something about business taxes, which are currently the highest in the world.

I used to believe that too...until I found out that most major corporations pay zero to very little in taxs...in 2010 the top 10 richest corporations paid ZERO in Federal taxs because of loopholes and off shore crap and shennanigans. They get no more tears from me.
I can say my tax rate is 90% but who cares I dont pay anything its all bs...if theres a change in the tax code it should be to end all loopholes and subsidies

That's a VERY shallow thought process.

You should realize that corporations pay NO taxes. EVERY tax laid at the feet of corporations is actually being paid by the CONSUMER doing business with that corporation.

When will you people start THINKING??

you expect ghetto dwelling and white trash obama bootlickers to understand that ? lol

I used to believe that too...until I found out that most major corporations pay zero to very little in taxs...in 2010 the top 10 richest corporations paid ZERO in Federal taxs because of loopholes and off shore crap and shennanigans. They get no more tears from me.
I can say my tax rate is 90% but who cares I dont pay anything its all bs...if theres a change in the tax code it should be to end all loopholes and subsidies

That's a VERY shallow thought process.

You should realize that corporations pay NO taxes. EVERY tax laid at the feet of corporations is actually being paid by the CONSUMER doing business with that corporation.

When will you people start THINKING??

you expect ghetto dwelling and white trash obama bootlickers to understand that ? lol

Well, not really, but hope springs eternal!

Forum List

Back