$62 TRILLION DEBT...Your cost?

Not so. It can be done by an informed citizenry voting.

The only problem with that being that the United States has not had an informed and educated voting citizenry since prior to the US Civil War; and since I don't see one springing full-grown from the ground any time soon, violence is the only option at this point.

True. The way to do it has nothing to do with politicians, political parties, elections, or anything of that sort. The United States needs to press the cosmic RESET button and go back to ground zero and start all over again. The only way for that to happen is through armed insurrection.

Not so. It can be done by an informed citizenry voting.

I used to believe that. The truth is we don't get a choice. During the last presidential election there was a caucus in a part of our state where the majority of the people wanted Ron Paul as their candidate. The result? They ended the meeting, called the cops, and said that John McCain was their candidate.

John McCain or Barack Obama....is that really a choice, I don't think so...

Remember, if you are choosing the lesser of two evils, you are still choosing EVIL!!!!!

Last edited:
Currently--18,000 baby boomers are entering social security/medicare DAILY which will continue for the next 15 years. USA Today reports that this results in another 62 TRILLION in unfunded liabilities--or the equivalent of $534,000.00 owed per household in the United States.

So while we have congress up in Washington D.C. dickering about which programs should be cut--the largest are--social security and medicare which make up 40% of the entire federal budget.

It is clear there is not enough wealth in this country to confiscate--to pay this bill. We have republican Paul Ryan's proposal--and nothing else. Democrats are avoiding this issue as if it were the black plague--and just continue with the sniping of Ryan's. proposal.

So we are listening to the typical rhetoric coming from the left--that we're going to throw Grandma under the bus and then run over her 500 times. Clearly-we need to get very serious about this issue--because right before our eyes we are watching an imminent oncoming train wreck.

Each household owes $534,000 (poll) - OUR VIEW - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

View attachment 13673

Now up to 14.3 trillion with another 62 trillion in unfunded liabilities

People paid into social security and medicare all their working lives, and now the government, in their wisdom, wants to cut it. Why? because they never took that money and invested it, they took it and spent it, so they don't have it to pay out now. All I know is when it does all blow up in their faces, it will be the biggest depression in history and we will finally have that revolution I've been talking about.

This is why the government should never be trusted to manage our money. We should move as quickly as possible to a Chilean style system in which retirement accounts are owned by the individual.

The Supreme Court has ruled that there is no guaranteed right to receive one's Social Security benefits...Congress can change the program at any time. That's all anyone should need to know to support privatization, although there are many other equally valid reasons to do.

These debates remind me of bar talk. Sit in a bar sometime next to a long time drunk and they will tell you everything right and wrong with the world, and they will be wrong about everything. Clinton had success raising taxes, Bush inherited a great situation, had he invested in infrastructure rather than more money for the wealthy and two invasions, both unnecessary to America's security, our right wing doomsayers would be complaining about something else today. And complain they would as that is what they do best. Imagine the jobs that could have been created, where the hell is FDR when you need him.

Currently--18,000 baby boomers are entering social security/medicare DAILY which will continue for the next 15 years. USA Today reports that this results in another 62 TRILLION in unfunded liabilities--or the equivalent of $534,000.00 owed per household in the United States.

So while we have congress up in Washington D.C. dickering about which programs should be cut--the largest are--social security and medicare which make up 40% of the entire federal budget.

It is clear there is not enough wealth in this country to confiscate--to pay this bill. We have republican Paul Ryan's proposal--and nothing else. Democrats are avoiding this issue as if it were the black plague--and just continue with the sniping of Ryan's. proposal.

So we are listening to the typical rhetoric coming from the left--that we're going to throw Grandma under the bus and then run over her 500 times. Clearly-we need to get very serious about this issue--because right before our eyes we are watching an imminent oncoming train wreck.

Each household owes $534,000 (poll) - OUR VIEW - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

View attachment 13673

Now up to 14.3 trillion with another 62 trillion in unfunded liabilities

People paid into social security and medicare all their working lives, and now the government, in their wisdom, wants to cut it. Why? because they never took that money and invested it, they took it and spent it, so they don't have it to pay out now. All I know is when it does all blow up in their faces, it will be the biggest depression in history and we will finally have that revolution I've been talking about.

This is why the government should never be trusted to manage our money. We should move as quickly as possible to a Chilean style system in which retirement accounts are owned by the individual.

The Supreme Court has ruled that there is no guaranteed right to receive one's Social Security benefits...Congress can change the program at any time. That's all anyone should need to know to support privatization, although there are many other equally valid reasons to do.

Putting it in our own hands in not a problem, but what the government means by "privatization" is that it will be put in the hands of the bankers...you know, the ones responsible for the housing crises.

If they are going to put it into our own hands, why not just cancel it altogether? Pay out to those who've paid in but all new workers, no ss for you, you get your own retirement fund.

These debates remind me of bar talk. Sit in a bar sometime next to a long time drunk and they will tell you everything right and wrong with the world, and they will be wrong about everything. .

bartender! BARTENDER!!!!!.....

Forum List

Back