62 Miles (City) Per Tank . . . of Compressed Air

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting ideas. And a solar roof installation could power the generator for home refills.
A simple air compressor for $79 at Sears would be all you need. And running it for 2 minutes each day will use hardly any energy at all.

A car like this could truly revolutionize the daily commute to work, leaving your regular car in the driveway, saving it wear and tear, saving so much money per person for gas. I think the average person spends $2500 per year on gas. I would love to stick an extra $2500 per year into an investment account instead of my gas tank.

Got a link to the specs proving that? The only usable engines I've seen need about 1000 psi, something a small air compressor cannot produce and even industrial compressors cannot produce in 2 minutes.

I cannot account for what you have or have not seen. Sorry.

Honestly it doesn't look anywhere as promising as the electric car, but who knows!

Pros:
(1) Very Inexpensive: In the clip below its says the hyprid (gas and compressed air) will cost $10K! Can't imagine how cheap the regular goes for
(2) Option of No Gas at all
(4) Even with the hyprid we can get off foreign oil
(5) Stationary Energy sources aren't need
(6) No pollution or emissions (if you believe the global warming hoax)
(7) Quick Refueling - 2 mins

Cons:
(1) Looks like shit (correction looks worse than shit)
(2) Doubt it has the bells and whistles we are used to. Probably has worse features than the Model T
(4) Slow as balls - 110 KM/hr or 68 mph
(5) It a death trap. Any accident would mean most people in the car die.
(6) Doubt it has an horse power to carry or pull anything. Get two fat Americans in there and it might not move
(7) Distance - what did it say 100 KM (60 miles). Not far, but that is the same knock with the electric car
(8) Limitations - No way this car could go on crowded US highways and would be limited in cities like New York and Chicago!
(9) Prone to Theft - Look at what its made off. People could steal this car with ease!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVIwropRMME
Thanks for the videos, GHook, although that's a different company.

I wonder what type of air compressor can fill such a high pressure tank in just two minutes. Am I wrong to think that the energy used to fill the tank must be close to equivalent of the energy that is to be utilized (converted to kinetic energy) upon its release from the tank?

These vehicles are very lightweight. That's ok for in-city driving, but I would bet that a better way of rating their mileage would be "per-passenger" not so much by the vehicle; the 62 mile distance rating is of course optimal.

A simple air compressor for $79 at Sears would be all you need. And running it for 2 minutes each day will use hardly any energy at all.

A car like this could truly revolutionize the daily commute to work, leaving your regular car in the driveway, saving it wear and tear, saving so much money per person for gas. I think the average person spends $2500 per year on gas. I would love to stick an extra $2500 per year into an investment account instead of my gas tank.

Got a link to the specs proving that? The only usable engines I've seen need about 1000 psi, something a small air compressor cannot produce and even industrial compressors cannot produce in 2 minutes.

So no link to the specs? Do you understand physics and thermodynamics? There just isn't enough stored energy at lower pressures to move a car. Perhaps I am wrong on that which is why it would be nice if you would prove your claim, specifically where you claimed a $79 compressor would fill the tanks in 2 minutes.

I wonder what type of air compressor can fill such a high pressure tank in just two minutes. Am I wrong to think that the energy used to fill the tank must be close to equivalent of the energy that is to be utilized (converted to kinetic energy) upon its release from the tank?

These vehicles are very lightweight. That's ok for in-city driving, but I would bet that a better way of rating their mileage would be "per-passenger" not so much by the vehicle; the 62 mile distance rating is of course optimal.

SHHH!

Physics is just a collection of suggestions in the mind of an ignorant activist.

SHHH!

Physics is just a collection of suggestions in the mind of an ignorant activist.

MY own three hundred $ compressor, fills to 120-psi and when in use wont even drive nails into a pine board when it drops below 90-psi, let alone drive a thousand pounds of vehicle/passengers/cargo. It's going to take a whale of a compressor compared to a typical one.

Last edited:
I don't doubt they're pollution free in operation.

Now if but only the energy to compress that air was likewise pollution free, eh?

Sadly it isn't.

There's no free lunch.

300 miles per charge (would fulfill the vast majority of Americans commutes for a 5 day work week)
5 seater.
AMAZINGLY LOOK
All the bells and whistles we are accused to
0-60 in 5.6 sec!

Ford, Nissan, GM, Mitsubshi, Honda, Kia, BMW, Tesla, Toyota and Daimler are all pouring electric cars into the field come 2011. I predict by 2015, the 2nd generation of PERFECTED electric cars hits the market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZhsieHIkCQ

All that needs to happen for electrics to become a major automotive force is a large capacity battery that has a reasonable price tag. Right now, the Zinc-air and Lithium-air look promising.

Compressed air motors don't really have much torque. I would think a compressed air powered car would be slow to accelerate. I do like the idea though.

I have seen a few compressed air model airplanes in my time that performed pretty well, but of course, those were very light weight.

300 miles per charge (would fulfill the vast majority of Americans commutes for a 5 day work week)
5 seater.
AMAZINGLY LOOK
All the bells and whistles we are accused to
0-60 in 5.6 sec!

Ford, Nissan, GM, Mitsubshi, Honda, Kia, BMW, Tesla, Toyota and Daimler are all pouring electric cars into the field come 2011. I predict by 2015, the 2nd generation of PERFECTED electric cars hits the market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZhsieHIkCQ

All that needs to happen for electrics to become a major automotive force is a large capacity battery that has a reasonable price tag. Right now, the Zinc-air and Lithium-air look promising.

All first ground break technology has major set backs and high prices! Take the computer and cell phone. I remember my father saying that the cell phone would never take off, because they are too much of a burden to carry around and way too expensive (no one wants to pay $5 a minute to talk)!

The Computer:
first-computer.jpg

computer.jpg

Cell Phone:
first-cell-phone.jpg

nokia.gif

Interesting ideas. And a solar roof installation could power the generator for home refills.

If thats the case.... why are'nt businessmen beating down the door of every quack who has had this silly idea yet?

Oh..... its stupid and it wont work.

Besides, I dont want to be anywhere near a compressed air tank exploding during a crash :eek:

Just the heat alone could generate enough steam to power another generator to power the compressor..... PERPETUAL ENERGY!

:clap2:

Im going to be rich!!!!

So no link to the specs? Do you understand physics and thermodynamics? There just isn't enough stored energy at lower pressures to move a car. Perhaps I am wrong on that which is why it would be nice if you would prove your claim, specifically where you claimed a $79 compressor would fill the tanks in 2 minutes.
OK - maybe a $79 compressor would fill the tank in more than 2 minutes.

Last edited:

OK - maybe a $79 compressor would fill the tank in more than 2 minutes.

Do you have anything to substantiate that any household compressor would work at all?

Forum List

Back